Goodbye Jesus

If Abortion Was Made Illegal...

upstarter

Ah, yes... Love this video. These people can't think and accept reality. They seriously believe making abortion illegal is going to magically make it disappear like a David Copperfield fart. And they wonder why people don't like them.

They sure love showing dead fetus photos. In college a group posted huge photographic signs up right outside the campus caffiteria. These people don't have ephathy, just drive to get their way no matter who it mows down.

As a male, it has always bothered me how vocal fundie males are on this issue and try to control womens bodies when if the same type of control were bestowed upon them as men they would have a fucking coniption.

It's also hypocritical how abortion is such a hot button issue yet these same people have no problem with ending of life through systems such as war.

Damn none of these people can answer the question lol guess they just planned too sit out there with signs and not have to talk to anybody.

I noticed alot of youtube videos with protesters being asked questions it's always that way.

As a male, it has always bothered me how vocal fundie males are on this issue and try to control womens bodies when if the same type of control were bestowed upon them as men they would have a fucking coniption.

I never heard the word "conniption" so I looked it up.

Here are a few definitions from Answers.com:

• n. Informal. A fit of violent emotion, such as anger or panic. Also called conniption fit.

• noun

• An angry outburst:
fit, huff, passion, tantrum, temper. Informal conniption fit. See feelings.

QUESTION: Is it possible that this--and all the other--whole demonstration is male conniption against Jesus' accusation that it is adultery to so much as look at a woman with lust?

I'm thinking these fundy men can't handle that much responsibility, and under today's law they are forbidden to burn ladies (a.k.a. witches) at the stake, so they pull out anti-abortion demonstrations.

What do you think? :scratch:

If abortion is murder then the murderer should get life in prison or the death penalty. Those aiding and abetting should get punished likewise. So the doctor (or back-alley abortionist) would get life in prison/death. The woman would be taking a "hit" on her child and should serve time up to including life. If others were involved they should get lesser sentences depending on their level of involvement. Multiple offenders should get life without possibility of parole maybe even the death penalty based on current US laws.

What are the odds anyone would see it this way? Based on the video only one woman even came close and she was pretty quick to place conditions on this. Even manslaughter (essentially accidental murder) would be punished more harshly than any of these people would punish what they call premeditated murder (which gets us up to murder one pretty quickly).

mwc

If abortion is murder then the murderer should get life in prison or the death penalty. Those aiding and abetting should get punished likewise. So the doctor (or back-alley abortionist) would get life in prison/death. The woman would be taking a "hit" on her child and should serve time up to including life. If others were involved they should get lesser sentences depending on their level of involvement. Multiple offenders should get life without possibility of parole maybe even the death penalty based on current US laws.

What are the odds anyone would see it this way? Based on the video only one woman even came close and she was pretty quick to place conditions on this. Even manslaughter (essentially accidental murder) would be punished more harshly than any of these people would punish what they call premeditated murder (which gets us up to murder one pretty quickly).

mwc

From the OP:

This is what happens when people are taught not to think.

Heather

Not much to add to that.

Either way, there are still more miscarriages occurring with or without the outlawing of medically-sanctioned abortion. Since Yahweh seems to be the chief deity of the USA, then he should called on the carpet for allowing those natural abortions to occur with such frequency.

Either way, there are still more miscarriages occurring with or without the outlawing of medically-sanctioned abortion. Since Yahweh seems to be the chief deity of the USA, then he should called on the carpet for allowing those natural abortions to occur with such frequency.

Yeah, how come God doesn't have to abide by his own rules? "Oh... but God works in mysterious ways!" More like God fucks humanity in sick n' sadistic ways.

To these people everything is unatrual if it hasn't gone through a commetie of priests and church filters.

Agreed. Let's not follow his example, eh?

I remember picking up an issue of Discover magazine a few years before my deconversion where the cover story was "When does Life Begin?". The article stated (and last year I asked a nursing student if these figures were still accurate) that 70% of pregnancies end in natural abortion, oftentimes shortly after implantation (and who knows how many fertilized eggs never even get a chance to implant due to various circumstances). It bothered me that my God was responsible for more abortions than all the abortions that have taken place since Roe v Wade.

Obviously nobody has bothered telling God that life begins at conception and needs to be protected until natural death (or war, terrorist attacks or the death penalty).

Hi,

I think these people are concerned more about preserving the fetus/child's life than about punishing young mothers. In this way I think their hearts are in the right place.

That being said.. if they consider themselves christians, and are fighting against abortion in the name of the god... they need to shut the hell up and read the bible. They are better off giving out condoms and educating kids.

I think there are some pro-lifers out there who honestly care about the well-being of the children, but the majority of the fundie pro-lifers are not really all that concerned and seem to care about promoting their own religion than anything else. You can typically tell which people actually care and which ones are just using the children as scapegoats to excuse their sexism in that the fundies that also want to ban birth control, think condoms are evil, and want to teach abstinence-only in schools are only in it for controlling women.

"watch the xtians squirm"

Didn't they just.

Really straightforward sensible questions were asked of these demonstrators, and they just look like deer caught in the headlight when asked. You could see the struggle on their faces and in their eyes, when they started to think about the question. I think maybe a couple of those people might stop being part of the demonstration when they realize how foolish it is to fight for a cause without thinking about what they are doing.

Great video.

Yeah, how come God doesn't have to abide by his own rules? "Oh... but God works in mysterious ways!" More like God fucks humanity in sick n' sadistic ways.

To these people everything is unatrual if it hasn't gone through a commetie of priests and church filters.

Yes, and as soon as a kid is conceived their so called "loving" god gives the kid a disease which they die a slow painful death from after birth, or later on kills them off with bone cancer and brain tumors. :rolleyes:

Yes, and as soon as a kid is conceived their so called "loving" god gives the kid a disease which they die a slow painful death from after birth, or later on kills them off with bone cancer and brain tumors. :rolleyes:

Along with being abused and unloved/unwanted.

Thank God that mother didn't have an abortion!

Hah..haha....hahahahahhahaha! That was great!

They sure love showing dead fetus photos. In college a group posted huge photographic signs up right outside the campus caffiteria. These people don't have ephathy, just drive to get their way no matter who it mows down.

Once when I saw one of these protests, I wanted to get a sign made with picture of kids killed in Iraq by our bombs and picket right beside them. I was told by a very devout Christian woman early in that war that it was ok to kill children with bombs because Saddam was going to kill them anyway. :Hmm:

Once when I saw one of these protests, I wanted to get a sign made with picture of kids killed in Iraq by our bombs and picket right beside them. I was told by a very devout Christian woman early in that war that it was ok to kill children with bombs because Saddam was going to kill them anyway.

Also don't forget the kids who have died at the hands of their xtian parents either in the name of "discipline" or medical neglect. Also add in the photos of those who were driven to suicide due to their parent's beliefs or being molested by perverted religious leaders.

"God" must have looked upon abortion differently in ancient times, 'cause he sure produced a lot of plants that would do the job.

Silphium was so effective and widely used that it became extinct.

Are modern-day religionists closer to understanding His Will on this issue than the ancient ones who, it would appear, relieved themselves of unwanted pregnancies with consistency and alacrity...? They also practiced contraception using what their God had provided them on this earth.

To help organize the herbs used in ancient times I have included two tables from the "Ancient Roman Technology Handbook. (RTH)" Both are from ancient pharmacist and physician Dioscorides.

Root Medicines in Bk. 3, Ch. 1-7 Dioscorides

Greek Name

Birth Control Use In Dioscorides

agaricon provokes menstruation(abortifacient)

ra none, but helps suffering in the womb

gentiane abortifacient

aristolocheia abortifacient

kentaureion makron abortifacient

k. mikron abortifacient

stroggyle abortifacient

makra abortifacient

Herb Roots in Bk. 4, Ch. 18-23 Dioscorides

English Name

Action Antifertility Use

bind weed emmenagogue oral

barrenwort contraceptive oral

gladiola emmenagogue vaginal suppository

burreed unspecified oral

stinking iris unspecifed oral

alkanet abortifacient vaginal suppository

pepper abortifacient oral

soapwart kills embryo oral

Greek cyclamen abortifacient oral

cyclamen purges afterbirth oral

edderwort

lords-and -ladies abortifacient oral

Often, in ancient times a pessary was used as a birth control method. A pessary is a vaginal suppository used to kill sperm and/or block their entry into the cervix. The RTH describes vaginal suppositories as very popular but not very effective, while Kathleen London states "the pessary was the most effective contraceptive device used in ancient times." Pessary ingredients included a base made of a dung of some kind, honey, and natural sodium carbonate (table salt), which together, form a gum that melts at body temperature and forms an impenetrable covering of the cervix. Sometimes a solid object was used to block the cervix. This method was most popular in pre-industrial societies. In Africa, women used plugs of chopped grass or cloth. Wool was used in Islamic and Greek cultures. The sea sponge used by Ancient Jews was considered the most effective contraceptive in use until the development of the diaphragm. The sponge was wrapped in silk with a string attached (London.) The string being attached seems very modern to me because I associate it with tampons.

[edited]

http://www.drury.edu/multinl/story.cfm?ID=9891&NLID=166

Guest pineapple

I remember picking up an issue of Discover magazine a few years before my deconversion where the cover story was "When does Life Begin?". The article stated (and last year I asked a nursing student if these figures were still accurate) that 70% of pregnancies end in natural abortion, oftentimes shortly after implantation (and who knows how many fertilized eggs never even get a chance to implant due to various circumstances). It bothered me that my God was responsible for more abortions than all the abortions that have taken place since Roe v Wade.

Obviously nobody has bothered telling God that life begins at conception and needs to be protected until natural death (or war, terrorist attacks or the death penalty).

oops, i did my reply wrong. i'm a n00b.

50% of all fertilized eggs don't implant. i would question the statistic of 70% of pregnancies ending in miscarriage, unless it was meant to include the fertilized eggs that don't implant. though technically a woman isn't considered pregnant until the fertilized egg implants. i would believe maybe that 70% of all women will experience a miscarriage at some point in their lives.

"watch the xtians squirm"

Didn't they just.

Really straightforward sensible questions were asked of these demonstrators, and they just look like deer caught in the headlight when asked. You could see the struggle on their faces and in their eyes, when they started to think about the question. I think maybe a couple of those people might stop being part of the demonstration when they realize how foolish it is to fight for a cause without thinking about what they are doing.

Great video.

That sixty-year-old lady with the pink sun-glasses--she will never stop so long as god gives her breath and strength and a clear enough mind to stand out there to hold up a sign. I'm talking about the woman who said "Both" when asked whether it was her or god who said abortion was wrong. Such arrogance! And in old women....oops, in eight short years I'll be sixty....maybe she's seventy. Whatever. I couldn't believe the brazenness in a woman who looked to me like a senior. If anyone can be counted on for human compassion, it's supposed to be white-haired saintly old ladies. And I'm sure she is ever so loving to her grand-kids so long as they are babies. But what if one of these babies turns into a pregnant teen by rape and gets an abortion--will she still be the loving ol' granny?

Possibly she herself is a child of rape. Maybe that is what makes her so brazen. Back in the day of her parents things were different.