Goodbye Jesus

Ancient Serpent Shows Its Leg

Justin

"What was lost tens of millions of years ago is now found.

A fossil animal locked in Lebanese limestone has been shown to be an extremely precious discovery - a snake with two legs.

Scientists have only a handful of specimens that illustrate the evolutionary narrative that goes from ancient lizard to limbless modern serpent. "

http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=...Kl6&u=p0HR6

But, but but... i thought the christians always said that there were no transitional fossils! But, but, but...

"What was lost tens of millions of years ago is now found.

A fossil animal locked in Lebanese limestone has been shown to be an extremely precious discovery - a snake with two legs.

Scientists have only a handful of specimens that illustrate the evolutionary narrative that goes from ancient lizard to limbless modern serpent. "

http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=...Kl6&u=p0HR6

But, but but... i thought the christians always said that there were no transitional fossils! But, but, but...

Its a remnant of the species of serpents that God took legs away from in the garden...

• Super Moderator

In Biblical parlance, that would be a bird.

It's a falsie planted via Satan's Shovel! DON'T BELIEVE IT! HISSSSSSSSSSSS!

Interesting. Wonder how Christians will try and utlilize this discovery.

Further speculation of further proof that creationists will somehow twist a discovery to fit into their own worldview.

It's a falsie planted via Satan's Shovel! DON'T BELIEVE IT! HISSSSSSSSSSSS!

Interesting. Wonder how Christians will try and utlilize this discovery.

It's not Satan! It's a real snake descendant of Satan but the good Lard just changed the dates of how old it dates back to 92 million years old instead of 6000 to test the faith of the scientists!

Its a remnant of the species of serpents that God took legs away from in the garden...

I would lay a considerable sum of money down to say that there are christians out there who indeed believe that.

Ah, so now we have proof that snakes once had legs before the fall of man. Now, if we can just find those unicorns...

I would lay a considerable sum of money down to say that there are christians out there who indeed believe that.

One of my Catholic friends who believes in theistic evolution but believes the stuff about the talking serpent is real believes the fact that since snakes once had legs, this somehow makes it plausible that they have once talked.

You know kcdad, when i first read this i thought you were joking. That was before i got to read your other posts. Now i can say that you probably do believe this.

Man, i really should have layed money down like i said i would. I'd be rich!

Cool! I am curious about the evolutionary pressure that caused snake ancestors to loose legs. Is there something know about it?

Cool! I am curious about the evolutionary pressure that caused snake ancestors to loose legs. Is there something know about it?

Well, what does being legless allow you to do? As I understand it, borrowing and swimming are best facilitated by being legless. We need only look at the time period, the start of the Late Cretaceous, to see that there will soon be a mass-extinction that would remove a lot of competition, and allow the animal to go back to being a surface land animal, for the most part.

But that's just off the top of my head.

Ah, so now we have proof that snakes once had legs before the fall of man. Now, if we can just find those unicorns...

I want to find nephilim.

Well, what does being legless allow you to do? As I understand it, borrowing and swimming are best facilitated by being legless. We need only look at the time period, the start of the Late Cretaceous, to see that there will soon be a mass-extinction that would remove a lot of competition, and allow the animal to go back to being a surface land animal, for the most part.

But that's just off the top of my head.

It would simplify blood pressure and circulation issues

I want to find nephilim.

That's the funny thing about the flood, supposedly they were killed in the flood. After all, they caused the people to commit sin. But then:

Nu 13:33

We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim). We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them."

Somehow they didn't die...

Did Noah take two of each kind from the Nephilims on the ark too, or where they just darn good swimmers? Maybe they were just so fat that they floated? I don't know. At least we can say God failed his attempt to eradicate the "evil" with the flood.

Guest Atrakhasis

Liberal scholars possessing PhDs in the fields of Biblical and Ancient Near eastern Studies understand that Eden's serpent is a recast of an earlier protagonist or protagonists appearing in earlier Mesopotamian myths, a notion I am in agreement with. The below urls deal with the search (1876-2004) for the pre-biblical origins of Eden's mythical serpent who could walk and talk by Liberal PhD scholars as well as contributions made by myself.

To summarize: Mesopotamian gods who bore the Sumerian epithet ushumgal translated variously as "great serpent" or "dragon" who in human form could walk and talk with man whom they created to care for their gardens in the Sumerian edin were fused together and recast by the Hebrews into a mythical snake who had legs and could talk. Some of these Sumerian gods had the ability to change their forms, being at times either serpents or humans. All were involved to lesser or greater degrees in the myths with man's obtaining godly forbidden knowledge which upset a god and man's being denied immortality by the god he served in a garden in the edin.

http://www.bibleorigins.net/Pre-biblicalOr...amianMyths.html

http://www.bibleorigins.net/Serpentningishzida.html

http://www.bibleorigins.net/ningishzida.html

Guest Atrakhasis

Did Noah take two of each kind from the Nephilims on the ark too, or where they just darn good swimmers? Maybe they were just so fat that they floated? I don't know. At least we can say God failed his attempt to eradicate the "evil" with the flood.

PhD scholars trained in biblical and ancient near eastern studies have determined that Noah's Flood is a myth, a recasting or reworking of an earlier Mesopotamian myth. Noah's pre-biblical name in the Mesopotamian myths were several: Ziusudra, Atrakhasis, Utnapishtim. He lived at the city of Shuruppak near the Euphrates river. He builds a great boat, stocks it with animals and his own family on the warning of his god that a flood will soon occur to destroy the world and mankind. The city of Shuruppak has been excavated and one flood only found, dated to circa 2900 B.C. the 3rd millennium B.C., the very same millennium that the Bible dates Noah's Flood to. For all the details cf. the below urls. The first url shows what the Mesopotamain ark looked like (it was a four-man canoe), the second url is a map showing where the "mountain" that this canoe beached itself upon downstream from Shuruppak (it wasn't a mountain at all, just some high ground that hadn't flooded).

http://www.bibleorigins.net/NoahsArkillust...nShuruppak.html

http://www.bibleorigins.net/NoahsFloodArkBibliography.html

There is also documented evidence of a king that commandeered a merchant's barge because the Euphrates river flooded.

Atrakhasis, bloody good site you have linked to. I simply cannot believe i have not run across it in all my internet searches over the past 9 months. Fantastic!