Goodbye Jesus

Apologetics

Asimov

Apologetics...why do Christians feel the need to explain away their belief system?

I'll tell you why. Because they can't handle just having faith.

Buncha pussies...

No it is another way they can claim that their own brand of xianity is the only true brand. They go after themselves. I am all for it.

Also, they are commanded to.

Always be prepared to make a defense for the gospel and the hope that is in you.

The biblegod sayeth.

Along with no jackin off.

Christians are probably better at following the first one than the second.

Also, they are commanded to. 

Always be prepared to make a defense for the gospel and the hope that is in you. 

The biblegod sayeth.

Along with no jackin off.

Christians are probably better at following the first one than the second.

The bible also encourages blind faith.

Actually it does say to test all things.

Except god.

And his word.

Well maybe not all things then.

:lmao:

The christian church has been all over the place on whether or not Logic and reason have a place in the church.

Martin Luther said that reason was the devils whore :lmao:

Aquinas used logic to try to prove God's existance

Most apologetics are bassed on the worst kinds of logic and circular reasoning, I should know, i was a hugh apologetics person when i was in christianity, and look where I am now :HaHa:

Aquinias' argument for God's existiance, for instance, is totall bull shit.

However I've always thought that those who are apolgists probably have the greatest chance of deconverting, because unlike the Martin Luthers out there they are at least trying to think.

BTW if anyone wants me too i can post out Aquinais' argument for Gods existance later, cant right now cause i'm about to go to work.

No it is another way they can claim that their own brand of xianity is the only true brand.

I read that and thought you'd said "their own brand of anxiety"

Apologetics was how I stayed a christian for so long. I taught sunday school classes and all that. My specialty was Mormonism. Then one day I was like "I wonder if I have the guts to turn the same amount of effort in studying christianity as I do mormonism" If I could use the same methods I used to see if mormonism was false. So I finally got the balls to start to do some serious research into christianity and used an open mind to see where it took me. I had always used all of the lame apologetics excuses and narrow mindedness to get past the hard parts of the bible and jesus. Now two years later I finally feel free from the lifelong brainwashing.

Basically I see apologetics (at least in my life) as a way of continuing to believe all of the bullshit. People who need a little more than just blind faith and they feel like they are smart and use reason and logic but in reality are just deluded.

Apologetics...why do Christians feel the need to explain away their belief system?

I'll tell you why.  Because they can't handle just having faith.

Buncha pussies...

I agree!

Yea. Why can't they just apologize (hehe) by admiting that their beleifs are sorry, and leave it at that? Hehe!

Because the Bible said so!

And because they have to be right, and convince others that they are right, because it makes them feel better. (At least, in my personal experience.)

Because in doing so they really try to convince... not their audience... but their own nagging doubts.

Fucking weaklings.