Goodbye Jesus

I'm New Here-looking For Buffalo Groups, Online Groups, Etc.

Guest HappyPhantom

Guest HappyPhantom

~Happy, Unapologetic Atheist here,

I'm In Buffalo NY, and I'm seeking some help for my boyfriend, also an Atheist, He is having a really hard time getting back to a normal, post cult life. (He was studying to be a minister)

It has been some years, but even so, It is hard for him to forgive his parents for what he considers a form of child abuse. (When I think about teaching young children about hell, I'm inclined to agree with him.) He is sort of wondering where to go from here, how to re-attach to this world that now seems half-mad.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any groups that meet in or around the Buffalo area, maybe on a monthly basis?

Any help would be appreciated, It's good to see so many of us here!! :):)

Hi HappyPhantom,

For local groups, you may want to try meetup.com. They list all kinds of groups and usually have several atheist or similar groups. But for an online group we do pretty well. There are folks here from all walks of life including several ex-pastors, so we can relate completely to his feelings.

Hi,

You are certainly welcome to join our group. :)

I live in the upper Midwest so I'm not sure about your area, but Meetup is a good start.

Hi HappyPhantom,

For local groups, you may want to try meetup.com. They list all kinds of groups and usually have several atheist or similar groups.

Fuego, I'm not sure if you're the one that posted this in another thread, but someone suggested it somewhere else so I checked it out. It's great! I've found several groups in my area I'm interested in checking out. Thanks for the great tip!!

Deb

Hello HappyPhantom and welcome to these boards. :)

I'd say google it or try meetup.com like the others have said. I am almost certain that there has to be a group in Buffalo.

Also, tell you boyfriend to come here. There are MANY who can help him out for they have went through exactly what he is.

Oh, that's what you mean by Buffalo Groups! I thought you were looking for fellow bison enthusiasts. :lmao: Either that or I thought "Buffalo" was some kind of subcultural term for something, kind of like how "Bear" is used in the gay community.