Goodbye Jesus

Televised Sermon On Evolution

Justin

NRB is a christian channel and i don't know if any get it or not. I was flipping through the christian channels last night for a laugh and stumbled upon this Australian preacher blabbling on about human origins and evolution. Their damn channel only had sound for some reason, with the occasional picture changing now and then. Some glitch or something. Anyway, i listened to most of it and the guy just parroted Ken Ham basically. Saying that since WW2, evolution has been taught in schools and accepted as fact and that this has led a rise in crime and suicide and a bunch of other things. He rambled on about junk DNA, vestigial organs, and some crap about how Newton saw canyons and never once thought it took them millions of years to form and so why should we look at the Grand Canyon and expect it did.

Pretty much he just spewed out all that we have heard time and time again and seen shot down time and time again. Don't these people have any new material to preach on? Anything that stands a remote chance of shooting down evolution? I guess thats a stupid question. It really was mind numbing watching this and i honestly felt like my IQ dropped a few points in the process.

They had another similar program on right after this one, but the channel went off the air. They can spend their money and time proclaiming bullshit yet cannot even run a decent television channel.

• Super Moderator

I hope you sent a love offering. Obviously, they need to purchase some books.

He rambled on about junk DNA, vestigial organs, and some crap about how Newton saw canyons and never once thought it took them millions of years to form and so why should we look at the Grand Canyon and expect it did.
Didn't Newton also believe in alchemy? Yet I don't see xtians trying to ban phsyics in public school and trying to transmute lead into gold. Why do xtians seem to love the argument from religious scientists so much?

He rambled on about junk DNA, vestigial organs, and some crap about how Newton saw canyons and never once thought it took them millions of years to form and so why should we look at the Grand Canyon and expect it did.
Didn't Newton also believe in alchemy? Yet I don't see xtians trying to ban phsyics in public school and trying to transmute lead into gold. Why do xtians seem to love the argument from religious scientists so much?

Apparently to this guy, Newton is the bar by which all of science is measured. Newton knew jack shit about the Grand Canyon and if he had seen it he almost certainly would have changed his mind, if in fact he even said what the preacher credited to him. I can't remember if Richard Dawkins said it or if it was Sam Harris, but one of them made the comment in one of their books that scientists in Newton's day still believed in god and how that reflected the general consensus of that time period, nearly everyone believed in god then.

Don't these people have any new material to preach on? Anything that stands a remote chance of shooting down evolution? I guess thats a stupid question.

Yes it is a stupid question. We all know the answer already, including you. :fdevil:

trying to transmute lead into gold.

Because they discovered it's much easier to transmute superstitious shit into gold.

mwc

Christian TV is just repetition of nonsense and dogma. It's like church where the same comforting parts of the bible are repeated. Christians have the minds of goldfish so keep having to be reminded or the Devil might get them.