Goodbye Jesus

You'll Never Believe What I Had To Build Today...

GraphicsGuy

So I've been working in a sign shop since September. Building signs and putting graphics on vehicles (minimal design work).

A while back I had to build a banner that said, "Jesus Loves You!"

Ugh.

I did it anyway. Not that I had much choice. I just listened to Disturbed and Lamb of God and muttered Atheist Curses™ the whole time.

The lady that bought the banner put it up on her property. Says she lives in a "bad" neighborhood and wants to "spread the Good News™".

Whatever.

Well, lo and behold...the banner is stolen.

I build it again.

Last night, it was torn down and shredded once again.

Today I had to build it again. And it's worse this time...

...THIS time she's taking it to church to have it PRAYED OVER! Bleh.

I can't believe I was as stupid as she is for most of my life.

Have to admit that I admire her tenacity though...

Hey, if nothing else, you're getting some pretty solid business out of her. Might should see if you can find some other morontheist shmucks in "bad parts of town" to build signs for. Maybe the boss'll give you a bonus for all the extra business. ;)

Yeah, look on the bright side. You're getting business, she's paying you and guess what? Rather than bitching about how the signs keep getting stolen, you can celebrate the "evil unbelievers" seeing right through the "Good News" bullshit.

:grin:

On the other hand, if she finds out you're an atheist, she might blame you for why her obviously over-sized and theft inviting banner keeps getting stolen or damaged.

Damn, that was funny, but obviously your curses worked.

Talk about irony. That is funny.

On the other hand, if she finds out you're an atheist, she might blame you for why her obviously over-sized and theft inviting banner keeps getting stolen or damaged.

I've considered this. If she wants to stand there and pray while I build it (next time it gets torn down), I'm quitting...

Hey Mark, quit stealing the lady's signs. :lmao:

Shuuuush!!!!!!

You know...Many still have the thought "well I guess they needed the sign more than I did."

I live in middle america corn country and we have "God is watching" billboards. How best to instill fear in the hearts and minds of little children. As if Santa not bringing you toys for Christmas isn't bad enough - now you've got an eternity of damnation to look forward to.

Guest fatkattykat

I am sure she will receive plenty of tithes and offerings to have you rebuild the sign again and again and again....because people will always tear it down. I would not be surprised if the vandalizers are people at her church...

That is so funny, Mark.

The Buddhist whose audio CD I was listening to this morning was describing incidents like that as indicators of some kind of karmic debt we have to pay for some past related wrong we committed. She says they just coming back over and over until we decide to pay the debt. *chuckle* It also reminds me of this story about a car. Her name was Christine...

Phanta

Karmic debt? I don't know about that, but if I ever caught the little bastards that kept stealing my shit, they'd be payin' some serious ass beatin' debt!!! :lmao: So is Buddha saying that all you can do is roll over and take it passively? Lame.

I refuse to take the blame if some asshole comes along and fucks me over. Plain and simple.

Nevermind the fact that's a gross misunderstanding of exactly what karma is in the first place...

Nevermind the fact that's a gross misunderstanding of exactly what karma is in the first place...

What is? :huh:

There is a Church of Christ preacher who once was a sign maker, and he wouldn't dare make signs for any church that wasn't CoC. A little off topic, but thought it was funny to throw in.

What is? :huh:

The description given by the woman on the CD Phanta borrowed from her (his?) friend. Karma has nothing to do with justice, and there's nothing mystical about it. It's basically an eastern ascetic observation of cause and effect.

I would not be surprised if the vandalizers are people at her church...

That was my first thought too. That way the vandalizim would make the local news and the glorious gospel can be spread even further. The did it for Jesus, so it was okay. :Hmm:

I would not be surprised if the vandalizers are people at her church...

That was my first thought too. That way the vandalizim would make the local news and the glorious gospel can be spread even further. The did it for Jesus, so it was okay. :Hmm:

That was my first thought; teenagers from the church youth group maybe?

A few months ago some teenagers from the local evangelical megachurch (megachurch for this town anyway) were going around stealing Obama signs out of "evil" democrat's yards here.... and bragging about it at school. Evidently these church youth groups aren't doing a very good job of teaching real morals like obeying American (or Biblical) laws like....stealing is wrong..... to their members.