Goodbye Jesus

Newbie -

therunner

I hope this the correct area for me introducing myself. I read most of the rules about what to post where and felt that this was as good a place as any.

I have been faithless for a good number of years but I truly haven't "recovered" from the mental and physical anguish the disease of Christianity and organized religion has inflicted upon me throughout the years. I hope that now, meeting new people here, will let me know that my fears of being fearful are all make believe and I no longer need to feel the disgust of having to hold my life in the hands of the murderous god so many call Jesus Christ. (wow that felt good - is it supposed to feel good letting all that out?)

I guess I hold my spirituality beliefs as agnostic for now - but growing. I truly don't know if there is or is not a supreme being out there. One part of me wishes and hopes that there is - and another part tells me "Get real." I have read the works of the Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Jewish and Buddhist faiths trying to find one that I would fit in to. I guess square peg round hole was it. I never could get past the evil and the contradictions to allow myself to fully "join" a certain religion.

I was raised in a Presbyterian home, baptized and all the good stuff that comes with sunday school and having a father who was a deacon. (He's in recovery from Christianity too!)

Thank you all for being here and I look forward to many discussions.

-The Runner

• Super Moderator

Welcome to the Den of Heathens!

Pull up a chair and have some fun. There's plenty to talk about around here.

Welcome! I think you’ll find a lot of support and encouragement here, as well as some pretty good entertainment!

(wow that felt good - is it supposed to feel good letting all that out?)

Yes!!! Absolutely!!! Stick around. It keeps getting better and better. :)

Next you'll be swearing!!!! :bounce:

(Talk about a rush....)

(Talk about a rush....)

let me say that I've never really been a devote Christian. I've done everything in my life pretty half-assedly - even giving up Christ I've only done it half-assed. Which is why I am here. I need to have faith that it's ok to not have faith. If that makes any sense at all.

I'm tired of people knocking on my door trying to tell me about a religion I don't care about. I don't go knocking on their doors trying to tell them about astrophysics. I'm not out to change the world. I just want to change me.

(Talk about a rush....)

let me say that I've never really been a devote Christian. I've done everything in my life pretty half-assedly - even giving up Christ I've only done it half-assed. Which is why I am here. I need to have faith that it's ok to not have faith. If that makes any sense at all.

I'm tired of people knocking on my door trying to tell me about a religion I don't care about. I don't go knocking on their doors trying to tell them about astrophysics. I'm not out to change the world. I just want to change me.

Great sentiment, therunner.

And, remember, even a half-assed Christian still gets half of his ass kicked.

Imo, you're in the right place here with us.

Welcome to the site!

Welcome! It's cool to hear that you and your dad are going thru this together! You'll enjoy it here :)

Deb

(Talk about a rush....)

Yup. You'll fit in just fine. :)