Goodbye Jesus

The Crap That Comes Outta Christians Mouths..

Guest Net Eng

Guest Net Eng

I've been a Type 2 diabetic for almost 6 years now. I've controlled it with oral meds, diet and exercise... until last week. The damned disease has now progressed to the point where I stated injections of insulin this past Monday.

The result, my blood sugar is low and I feel like crap (and I look it).

While relaying my story to a friend at work he gave me the "see what happens when you leave the church speech". I was stunned (and too tired to really rip into this person).

My brain knows this would be the response from some xians but I never thought this person was that type.

My question back to him today was "there are members of my former church who are still faithful and diabetic but their disease progress as well. What did they do to piss god off?".

Can you guess the responses:

1. god is testing them. (see Job)

2. They have displeased god in some respect

3. and finally... Who can know the mind of god.

Fuck him, fuck his imaginary god and fuck it!!! My family has a history of diabetes. It's just stinky genes that's it!!

Why does every bad thing in the world need to be some lesson from jeebus or gawd.

Now I'm off to stick needles in my body (at least they don't hurt much).

I'm sorry that you now have to take insulin and I am really sorry that you don't feel well!!!!! But... I am most sorry that you were subjected to the obnoxious stupidity of the fucktard!!! (Thank you GG a.k.a Mark_2.0 for my new favorite word!) I agree with you. Fuck him!

I've been a Type 2 diabetic for almost 6 years now. I've controlled it with oral meds, diet and exercise... until last week. The damned disease has now progressed to the point where I stated injections of insulin this past Monday.

The result, my blood sugar is low and I feel like crap (and I look it).

While relaying my story to a friend at work he gave me the "see what happens when you leave the church speech". I was stunned (and too tired to really rip into this person).

My brain knows this would be the response from some xians but I never thought this person was that type.

My question back to him today was "there are members of my former church who are still faithful and diabetic but their disease progress as well. What did they do to piss god off?".

Can you guess the responses:

1. god is testing them. (see Job)

2. They have displeased god in some respect

3. and finally... Who can know the mind of god.

Fuck him, fuck his imaginary god and fuck it!!! My family has a history of diabetes. It's just stinky genes that's it!!

Why does every bad thing in the world need to be some lesson from jeebus or gawd.

Now I'm off to stick needles in my body (at least they don't hurt much).

You appear to have the concepts sorted out just fine. Their answers will always be to protect their belief system as something that works, even though it clearly does not. This is a defense mechanism on their part.

Have you heard of the Glycemic Index ( http://www.glycemicindex.com/ )? Many diabetics seem to have good results with it helping control blood sugar spikes and valleys. I went on a low glycemic index diet a couple of years ago and it did wonders for helping me lose weight and get my digestive system working much better (I'm not diabetic, but my mom was). The basic idea is that not all carbs digest at the same rate, and that having a diet that emphasizes slow digesting carbs (oats, whole grains, and such) makes the blood sugar rise and fall much more slowly, thus decreasing the need for added insulin.

I am sorry to hear this Net.

Fuego is right, such statements are purely defensive mechanisms. Too bad you had to listen to such ignorant nonsense, especially from someone who you thought was a friend.

• Super Moderator

Fuckin' people.

Sorry to hear about the diabetes. I'll pray for you.

Not really.

Net, I'm sorry to learn about your diabetes progression, and pissed that you got such responses.

My oldest daughter (now 47) has had Type I diabetes since she was seven. It's tough. Talk with your doctor, of course, but what we were told, in general, is to err on the side of slightly higher blood sugar. It takes a longer time for diabetic coma to set in than for insulin reaction to do its damage, which you definitely don't want.

Good luck with it!

Guest Net Eng
Net, I'm sorry to learn about your diabetes progression, and pissed that you got such responses.

My oldest daughter (now 47) has had Type I diabetes since she was seven. It's tough. Talk with your doctor, of course, but what we were told, in general, is to err on the side of slightly higher blood sugar. It takes a longer time for diabetic coma to set in than for insulin reaction to do its damage, which you definitely don't want.

Good luck with it!

I had been tracking rising blood sugar levels for over a week before I went to the doc and showed him my numbers. I tried adjusting my diet more to no avail. Then it was a choice between more oral meds with worse side effects or one injection of slow acting insulin (Lantus) with fewer issues.

It's starting to level me out but that process can take a a couple of weeks while I adjust the amounts. I'll be back to my normal (OK, what passes for normal) self.

Funny thing is I have less anger about crap like this now than I did being a christian. At least now I can see it's a disease that progresses rather than a vindictive god who is punishing/testing me for some unfathomable purpose.

Sorry about your conflict with a coworker. That sucks. stick 'em with an insulin needle and tell him you're HIV+ . Ok maybe that's not funny even on the lowest of standards. But yes - Christians will defend their god by using phrases like what you mentioned. I have a friend whose house was almost hit by a falling a tree. His response was, "I guess it's God's will that the house didn't get hit" I asked him this - How come if the tree would have fallen on the house your response would have been, "well it's God's will that nobody was hurt and only the house destroyed." and if someone would've been killed your response would've been, "I guess it was God's will for them to have died by the falling tree." I got front row parking at Wal-Mart tonight because it was god's will that all the blue parking spaces were empty!

You know I have only recently deconverted, and to tell you the truth I had a slight suspicion that at the first moment my life hit a wall I just knew that a xtian would respond with those remarks. I am too scared to tell xtian friends stuff, cause I know that is EXACTLY what they would be thinking. See if you walk away from god, you lose his protection.!!

That would have to be the most illogical irrational thinking one could encounter. If that premise is true...then why do xtians get sick, lose their jobs, divorce, have children die on them,?? etc...

Just a side story here. The other day I met a person who purported to be a born-again christian, yet had no problems whatsover drinking, smoking, and having casual sex..and swearing like a trooper..mmm, you gotta wonder wether that good ol grace thing is just a get out of jail card for free. Or maybe he is just not a "true xtian'? Mwuahahahahah.... :lmao:

Ahura Mazdammit!!

I'm sorry you had to hear such a damned ridiculous bit of shit like that Net. Something you might want to look into is an insulin pump. I don't know how much insulin you have to take, but I think that the way my friend with Type 1 diabtese explains it, it gives you a measured dose and the pump goes under the skin.

Hang in there Net, and I hope that asshole gets a tongue ulcer for that stupid shit they spewed.

First time I went to the doctor after I deconverted I found out my cholesterol level was a little bit higher than what it should be. Oh dear oh dear, God is punishing me. His terrible wrath is upon me. :rolleyes:

((((Net)))))

Punch 'em in the face once you start feeling better and tell them that they shouldn't retaliate or complain about it because god is using you to "test" them :grin:

Coworkers can be jerks, and of course the trouble is you can't do anything about it if you want to keep your job. Which in this crappy economy, most people do.

*Hugs*

:ugh: It is so frustrating to read these stories. I swear I feel like the only sane person in the world around me. Good luck with the diabetes.

Guest Net Eng
Maybe you're paying a "karmic debt." :rolleyes:

...in which case the punishment would be far worse!! ;)

Thanks for the support all! It is appreciated!!

I like some of the suggestion here (especially ones that imply physical force). But I have found something even better!!

Our department has reorganized and I will be in a management role over this person (and he knows it now). Ah the possibilities for abuse are endless!! :fdevil:

This is when you laugh in their face, shake your head, and say, "That is so sad."

When you're his boss you have to remind him over and over again of shit like the Prayer of Jabez and all that other prosperity gospel stuff. Maybe your health is bad but at least you're being divinely rewarded with money and power! You'll have to ask him what he did to NOT get promoted, since stuff like that is obviously an indication of how much god loves you.

I get what you mean though, there are quite a few people who seem to be hoping my husband can't get a job after quitting his youth pastor role. It's like they want us to be miserable so they can shake their heads and say, "See? You shouldn't have done that!" It's some crazy sick mental game people play when they can wish ill upon friends and family to make them believe in an imaginary friend.

That would piss me off to no end. If I were in the same situation and had some strength, I would risk getting fired and bitch slapped the nutfuck. Just shows you the amount of morality Christianity has.

A couple months ago I got into a minor wreck and I chose to not mention it to too many people around me simply because I knew that those who knew I was an atheist would say the exact same thing, "God is punishing you." Maybe God was punishing me but Satan rewarded me by getting me a sexy black two door car with sunroof. :tongue: Just try to find a way to turn it against them.

My son was diagnosed with Type I diabetes when he was 11 and a fellow Christian told me that if I gave him insulin I'd be sinning because it was a test from God and that if I had enough faith God would heal him. I said you mean like you and your husband sinned last year when your husband got open heart surgery? and all those other times you run to the doctor? Needless to say she was a bit outraged at my pointing that out.

Anyway, leading up to that time (before the diagnoses) I had been really hunkering down with the praying thing and trying desperately to squash all my doubts and questions which had become like a damn breaking so after the diagnoses and that little exchange with that person... I called a local minister and he informed me that God does heal people because he'd seen people with heart conditions healed in the hospital. So, I cut to the chase and asked him if he'd ever heard of someone with Type I diabetes being healed? He got real quiet...then he said in the saddest voice...no Sandy I've never heard of that. Then he went on to tell me about his own daughter dying of cancer when they thought for sure that God would answer their prayers....because that's what the bible promised. -- I have to give him credit though, he didn't say anymore and didn't try to make up some elaborate excuse as to "why" it didn't work. It was like we had this connection over the phone and we both knew that prayer doesn't work at all because there's nobody up there to answer the prayer even though neither of us actually said it.

Christians die all the time and have bad things happen all the time just like everybody else. I don't think deep down Christians really believe it either; if they did they wouldn't pray when they're sick; they'd pray to die and get to heaven sooner to collect their "crown of glory".

Ahura Mazdammit!!

:drink:

Guest QuidEstCaritas?
My son was diagnosed with Type I diabetes when he was 11 and a fellow Christian told me that if I gave him insulin I'd be sinning because it was a test from God and that if I had enough faith God would heal him. I said you mean like you and your husband sinned last year when your husband got open heart surgery? and all those other times you run to the doctor? Needless to say she was a bit outraged at my pointing that out.

Anyway, leading up to that time (before the diagnoses) I had been really hunkering down with the praying thing and trying desperately to squash all my doubts and questions which had become like a damn breaking so after the diagnoses and that little exchange with that person... I called a local minister and he informed me that God does heal people because he'd seen people with heart conditions healed in the hospital. So, I cut to the chase and asked him if he'd ever heard of someone with Type I diabetes being healed? He got real quiet...then he said in the saddest voice...no Sandy I've never heard of that. Then he went on to tell me about his own daughter dying of cancer when they thought for sure that God would answer their prayers....because that's what the bible promised. -- I have to give him credit though, he didn't say anymore and didn't try to make up some elaborate excuse as to "why" it didn't work. It was like we had this connection over the phone and we both knew that prayer doesn't work at all because there's nobody up there to answer the prayer even though neither of us actually said it.

Christians die all the time and have bad things happen all the time just like everybody else. I don't think deep down Christians really believe it either; if they did they wouldn't pray when they're sick; they'd pray to die and get to heaven sooner to collect their "crown of glory".

This was insightful for me.

The Problem of Suffering...Killing Belief In God Since The Beginning of Time...

This message paid for by Folks Who Are Sick Of Christians Being Righteous Assholes.

Thank you for your time and attention.

So much for that whole offering compassion to one's neighbor thing... I guess that only applies if you are a part of their group... it seems to have left that guideline out of their badly written rule book.

Still, it is a pain in the ass when they open their mouths with dribble like this.