Goodbye Jesus

Follow the Paradigm

quicksand

Follow the Paradigm

If ID is Science, then Biblical Criticism/History is Religion too

Since the justification for teaching of ID as an "alternative-theory" to evolution is marketed as science, then it follows that modern-day historical and critical analysis of Christianity and the Bible is not only a contray "theory", but a religion as well when we employ the paradigm that advocates of ID espouse.

Therefore, when ID is allowed to be taught side by side in a biology class, we must teach modern Biblical criticism from the pulpit and in the Sunday School, as not only is it a competing theory, but religion as well.

I mean, we want to be open minded here and consider the competing theories, right?

Nice turn-around... If they want to mix reason and faith, damnit, let's mix reason and faith.

Merlin

Follow the Paradigm

Since the justification for teaching of ID as an "alternative-theory" to evolution is marketed as science, then it follows that modern-day historical and critical analysis of Christianity and the Bible is not only a contray "theory", but a religion as well when we employ the paradigm that advocates of ID espouse.

Therefore, when ID is allowed to be taught side by side in a biology class, we must teach modern Biblical criticism from the pulpit and in the Sunday School, as not only is it a competing theory, but religion as well.

I mean, we want to be open minded here and consider the competing theories, right?

YES! Very Good Point!

Let's have philosophy, logic and critical thinking in religion class in school, and teach it from the pulpit and sunday school. That's the way I like it!

• 2 weeks later...

Han, I posted this on another board and got into a debate with a social conservative who at the same time admitted that ID was not a scientific theory but asserted that ID should be "mentioned" in a science class because of "gaps" in evolutionary theory. I continually requested from him to provide what the gaps were that refuted or cast serious doubt over evolution. He never did. He just tried to shift the burden of proof onto me. I called him out for his fallacies in reasoning and he ended up calling me a "dick" and that he was finished discussing! LMFAO. Heck, I even provided him a "gap" and then explained how Gould's Static Equilibrium could account for that.

Oh, I used some of your examples in Ficino's thread about ID too. Great help and good idea about EFA's.

Even better. Let's start lobbying for them to teach religion in schools so that they will be forced to teach competing theories. That will end the ID debate and cap the rate of religious growth quick.

YES! Very Good Point!

Let's have philosophy, logic and critical thinking in religion class in school, and teach it from the pulpit and sunday school. That's the way I like it!

Doh! you beat me to it.

Even better.  Let's start lobbying for them to teach religion in schools so that they will be forced to teach competing theories.  That will end the ID debate and cap the rate of religious growth quick.

Hmmm... all religions. We could insitute Julian policies of toleration within our public schools. We should have all forms of Christianity from today and from the past (gnostics, Manichean, Pelagian) Islam, Judaism, Railen - everything!

Follow the Paradigm

Absolutely!

While we're at it, how about teaching any kind of history, truthfully? Oh! What a novel thought!

What a wonderful idea. What a wonderful counter argument. I am going to try to use it on my girlfriend, who is a Christian, but I will stand just out of her reach when I do.