Goodbye Jesus

Anyone Read The His Dark Materials Series By Phillip Pullman?

Skeptic

I know it's techically a book for young adults, but I really love this series. I used to read The Chronicles of Narnia just as fiction, not as an allegory, and this trilogy has replaced Narnia for me. It's a lot more exciting, too. Is anyone else a fan of this trilogy?

Yes, I've read them all and I'm still hoping they continue the series on film. Thought they did a great job with the first film.

Yes, I read the books and enjoyed them. I am also looking forward to more movies.

I know it's techically a book for young adults, but I really love this series. I used to read The Chronicles of Narnia just as fiction, not as an allegory, and this trilogy has replaced Narnia for me. It's a lot more exciting, too. Is anyone else a fan of this trilogy?

I didn't read the books. I wasn't into the movie too much. Not enough polar bear fights.

I read the first book, and currently on the second.

His Dark Materials is my favorite book series and I really enjoy it a lot. I also agree that I think it's way better than Narnia. I think Lyra is a far more interesting character than Lucy, who cones across as being too perfect for my liking.

I am a fan.

I loved the ending.

This is one of my favorite series ever.

I just finished it and I took away a lot from it. Because of this book, I understand the freethnking mindset a lot more. I learned that even if supernatural things exist (which I still doubt very much), it's better to live your life assuming that they don't exist because we're not going to see them anyhow and because there's more important things to live for. One thingbthat really changed was my outlook on xians. Before, I was mad at them for spreading the hateful message of xianity. Now, though, I pity them. They're going to waste their entire lives waiting to die and go to heaven. They'll never know what it's like to fully live in the world and do good things for the sake of making this world better. I highly recommend this series to anyone who is in the process of deconverting.

I read it myself and I found it to be enjoyable, and I am not a fantasy kind of guy. The ending was heartbreaking but necessary in my point of view. If anything, it kind of reminds me of a movie I just watched called "Lovers of the Arctic Circle", maybe even "Talk To Her".

The last book in some ways reminds me of a film by Pedro Alamodovar, just about how fates come together.

Quite a good series.