Goodbye Jesus

Jesusland, Usa

Vomit Comet

It's a fun poll about the fundiest place in the entire world outside of northern Pakistan! :grin:

Oh shit, accidental duplicate! Could the mods delete the other one?

To everyone else: vote on this one, not the other one.

Never been there, but if I should have the chance to come over to the US sometime, I'd like to spend a few days there just to see the madness with my own eyes.

Yeah I know. I do have a certain masochistic streak :P

Never been there, but if I should have the chance to come over to the US sometime, I'd like to spend a few days there just to see the madness with my own eyes.

Yeah I know. I do have a certain masochistic streak :P

Despite all the fundies Thuriaz, there are some good things down here. Were you to come down here to Alabama, you could visit Vulcan, which is a statue dedicated to the city's former glory days of being a steel town. You can also try some buttermilk and cornbread, visit the IMAX surround theatre, check out Oak Mountain state park, and other cool stuff

we have here.

I don't mean to sound like a travel agent, just saying while the fundies make it crappy down here, there are some bright spots.

Tab

I was born and raised here, and probably won't leave. It's really not that bad, but if you are allergic to seeing churches on every street, then it would be a living hell for you. Most people here would probably just assume that you are Christian--since everyone else is--so you won't get accosted on the street by someone wanting to talk to you about Jesus. They also prefer to evangelize through bumper stickers and body adornments.

I was born and raised here, and probably won't leave. It's really not that bad, but if you are allergic to seeing churches on every street, then it would be a living hell for you. Most people here would probably just assume that you are Christian--since everyone else is--so you won't get accosted on the street by someone wanting to talk to you about Jesus. They also prefer to evangelize through bumper stickers and body adornments.

Born and raised in the mid-west bible belt, now living in the southern portion of the extended size 52 bible belt! Seems like these days no matter where you live in the states you are surrounded by fundies! The bumper sticker proselytizing makes you want to scream also. Just yesterday I was following a pick-up truck with the bumper sticker "In God We Trust, Do You?" I started yelling, my face up to the windshield, "No I don't!", hoping the person in the truck would be looking in their rear view mirror! :screams: