Goodbye Jesus

Subjective v. Objective Worldviews

Ro-bear

Well, it looks like even fictional minds can use PMs. The admin has asked me to lay off the rudeness. Well, it's not gonna happen, so either he asks me to leave or you'll have to live with me ;P

Francois, if that's the true expression of your attitude, I don't suppose we'll have the pleasure of your company for very long then.

Oh dear, time to clear things up again.

What an Objectivist does is acknowlage that the mind is easily biased, and prone to a subjective "translation" of reality, but that at least there is a reality, and the best you can do is reduce the subjective bias by having standards  of proof for everything, such as logic, empiracism ect. ....

It would be irrational not to trust what generates results and is never contradicted. It is reasonable to beleive in a reality that every scientific result says is there, and operates according to logical standards, as all proofs are logical and empirical ones. These are the tools to use, and until someone demonstrates there are better ones, I'm sticking to them....

I try to state facts not opinions, but I acknowlage by fallibility, but also the power of reason, I've experienced what it can do, and I can't blame FT for his certainty, we all just need patiance here, as its a tricky issue, we're into deeper stuff than just whether jesus was god or a puppet for the worst people who've ever lived. This needs to be dealt with, as the fundys have well thought out paradigms, and we need coherant positions as well.

Thanks for the clarification, Aub. Being rather lazy, I sure do appreciate your efforts to summarize the issue(s) at hand. I recall that when I started to ponder my own mental "categories" of belief (my subjective world) and compared them to what can be proven by more than one person, I had to scrap the whole religious thang and start looking at the world as it can be demonstrated physically.

Curtdude

San Francisco

Thanks for the clarification, Aub.

That's what i'm here for!