Goodbye Jesus

Ugghhh....

Guest Abby84

Guest Abby84

My mother is about to drive me nuts! I have missed church alot in the past few months, I missed this last sunday as well. I have been bruising alot and been very tired (might be anemic), well I mentioned this to my mother who responded "That's why you have to go to church,so that god can heal you." I wanted so badly to scream at her and ask why the hell god hadn't healed her rheumatoid athritis and my dad's diabetes seeing as they go to church all the fucking time! I know it would have been futile, I can almost predict what her response would have been, something like "god gives us the strength to get through it, and who are we to question god's reason for keeping us this way." ahhhh!

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

Yeah...you can't win with her "logic".

Sounds like your parents simply want their world to be a certain way. A lot of Xians are like that...the black and white formulas suit their worldview.

At some point we all have to realize that we ARE going to disappoint our parents somewhere along the line. Also realize that you do not have to feel responsible for her feelings. If she can't handle YOUR life choices that's her problem, not yours...although she may very well cause you problems due to her insecurity for a while... :(

I know exactly what you mean, Abby. It's like I'm the only sane person in the room. Good luck with the anemia

Yeah forget about iron, which can easily be found in meat, you need to pray for a miracle!

:scratch: