Goodbye Jesus

Manners

Purple

Is it just my imagination, or is saying I'm sorry, and/or thank you hard for Christians? I hear the "We aren't perfect we are just forgiven" thing a lot, when any normal person would say oh man I'm so sorry. Also in my experiance Christians seem more likely to thank God then to thank a person, even though said person just dd them a huge favor.

This is hear, cuz I want to hear from the Christians as well. When you hurt a person or are rude, and they call you on it, do you ever give the not perfect line? Why?

Is it just me, or any of you experiance this as well. Any reasons you can think of?

Yes, I think this is a good point. As long as God is acknowledged, any human effort or human feelings are unimportant in comparison, therefore not worth being acknowledged. I know that my ex was and is this way. She never ever admitted to being wrong about anything, never apologized, never took responsibility, nor was grateful. I think other fundies I know were like that too, and I suppose since I was one of them, I probably was as well. After all, look at what Jesus did for us and how much we owe him. Once we apologize to him and thank him, in comparison, our obligation to do this with other people is not even worth mentioning.

Wow, when I think what I must have been like when I was a christian fundy, I shudder.

I have the same experience Purple with xian's over thanking/praising god ... and takeing no responsibility for wrongs on their part.

An extreme example is a few years back my folks needed some money and of course called us (the awful fags who will burn in hell but we'll take what they give us .. although things have gotten better but back to topic) I said that we may be able to help and the first thing out of my father's mouth was "God led me to call you. Praise Jesus!" :eek:

My reply was "Dad enough with the god shit! If you honestly believe that your god or jesus will provide for you then call them for the money" and I hung up

It was almost 6 months before I heard from them again and never once has this conversation been brought up.

PR

To feel and express gratitude and likewise, to feel and express remorse is an indication of maturity, a sign that one knows he/she is still "human," fallible.

Plenty of people from all spectrums of belief/non-belief must think they are "divine" and hence, above any sense of indebtedness or taking responsibility for poor choices they have made. I think we see more of this type in the US. Americans are a proud lot.

According to the doctrines of the Christ-cult, Christians are even less entitled to these lapses than non-Christians since they are supposed to be "denying their flesh," and "in submission" to their lord and master.

A lack of humility carries with it a stench, no matter who the carrier is.

Is it just my imagination, or is saying I'm sorry, and/or thank you hard for Christians?

I don't think saying thank you is hard for most Christians I know, but sorry seems to be. Admitting they were wrong about something seems to be very difficult for most Americans, not just Christians. This could be why "I'm sorry" has now been shortened to "my bad" in slang. It's like people are actively trying to find ways to avoid apologizing sincerely.

****Is it just my imagination, or is saying I'm sorry, and/or thank you hard for Christians?****

There is an idea by some christians that the only one who they have to apologize to is God or the christian leaders. When I was old enough to confront my parents about the abuse they reaped on me I was told:

"God forgave me so it never happened" I swear it. This is what I was told. Once again I was stunned speechless. My life is screwed up and I will probably have scars for the rest of my life and he tells me it never happened?

So, yes I understand.

Guest Son of Belial
I have the same experience Purple with xian's over thanking/praising god ... and takeing no responsibility for wrongs on their part.

An extreme example is a few years back my folks needed some money and of course called us (the awful fags who will burn in hell but we'll take what they give us .. although things have gotten better but back to topic) I said that we may be able to help and the first thing out of my father's mouth was "God led me to call you. Praise Jesus!"  :eek:

My reply was "Dad enough with the god shit! If you honestly believe that your god or jesus will provide for you then call them for the money" and I hung up

It was almost 6 months before I heard from them again and never once has this conversation been brought up.

PR

So did Jesus get them the money on time? :grin:

:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:  

If only they had enough faith, just the size of a mustard seed, the windows of heaven would open up and pour out more blessing.. blah blah blah.

:funny: I still have a shred of hope that they will see exactly how one way their faith really is. :shrug:

So did Jesus get them the money on time?  :grin:

Yes, my brother and his wife turned out to be the trustee's of jesus's money :lmao:

PR

Is it just my imagination, or is saying I'm sorry, and/or thank you hard for Christians?
If you ask me, the hardest thing for a Christian to ever say is "I don't know".

If you ask me, the hardest thing for a Christian to ever say is "I don't know".

Yep Mr. Neil that's for darn sure.