Goodbye Jesus

How Do You Know God Is A Guy?

LastKing

Lets just say your right and there is a God. How do you know its really a he and not a She?

Duh, because he raped Mary and got her pregnant! :sex:

Duh, because he raped Mary and got her pregnant! :sex:

Hahahaha

Ture, but If God can be his/her own Son I dont see why a all powerful Goddess cant get a human women pregnant if she wanted to.

How can God be any kind? Male or female? He doesn't have a DNA, does he?

But then again, of course, the Christian claim that male or female doesn't have to do with physical appearance (genitals) or DNA, so God is in essence a man. Which then leads to, what about transsexuals, why can't they be the opposite sex in essence and in disregard to both genitals and DNA?

So really, if God can be male in essence, then the whole debate about homosexuality, transsexualism, and so on, is moot.

• Super Moderator

A god is whatever people decide it to be.

The society that came up with the Bible god made it mirror their patriarchal system. As men were in charge of everything, their god had to be male. Spoils of war included raping the virgins of enemy tribes, so their god of course condoned (even commanded) that activity.

Gods agree with and are exactly like the people who worship them. Amazing coincidence.

If God and the Holy Spirit are males, does Jesus have two daddies?

And since Jesus is God, then Jesus is his own daddy too. So Jesus got three daddies. Talk about a paradox!

Good topic lastking! In about the last ten years of being a christian, I started thinking if God can do anything, what does "he" need with a gender? Someone who can make things pop into existence by merely willing it to happen doesn't need gonads of any sort, or for that matter, any sort of body. I figured that God was depicted as a man since men are stronger than women(for the most part) and God is infinitely stronger than a man, so it made sense to the old Bible patriarchs.

By the way, I don't know if I can verify this, but in my opinion, you can probably piss off a fundie worse by saying God's a woman, than by saying God doesn't exist.

If anyone wants to try this, I'd love to hear the responses you get.

A woman couldn't possibly muck things up this badly. And she'd be back every day to nag us.

• Super Moderator

Simple answer - God's a dick.

Lets just say your right and there is a God. How do you know its really a he and not a She?

Testicle check.

when I cared, and if I cared again, I would say that the Trinity is Father, Mother (Holy Spirit), and Offspring (mankind).....

In Jewish mystic circles, God has both male and female aspects. It is only when you get to Christian beliefs that that Shekhinah gets turned into a spirit/ghost, and relegated to a less than center stage role with the two Men of Jesus and the Father.

Of the 3 parts, only the Holy Spirit loves us enough to be in us and nurture us...the other two aspects of God are too busy off doing "manly" things.....LOL

Easy-peasie, according to a former co-worker of mine who became quite upset when she read about some denomination (can't recall which, possibly Episcopalian) rewriting its hymnal in gender-neutral language. She said, "We know God is a male because the Bible always refers to him as 'he.'"

He pees standing up?

Because I drew this glorious graven image of Kryasst under the magical inspiration of the Holy Spook! And Kryasst is definitely a guy! Glory!

kryasst.png

Because I drew this glorious graven image of Kryasst under the magical inspiration of the Holy Spook! And Kryasst is definitely a guy! Glory!

post-16-1236327610_thumb.png

Jeff, that figure looks like it's missing the dangly bits. Are you sure kryasst is male and not just a flat chested female?

Oh,that's an easy one!

"Jesus is a guy,he's God,therefore God is a guy."

A god is whatever people decide it to be.

The society that came up with the Bible god made it mirror their patriarchal system. As men were in charge of everything, their god had to be male. Spoils of war included raping the virgins of enemy tribes, so their god of course condoned (even commanded) that activity.

Gods agree with and are exactly like the people who worship them. Amazing coincidence.

QTF.

Actually, God is female according to the gender genie. (Yes, I did get bored enough to paste long bible passages in there).

I don't know where this god is guy idea came from.

:)

Well, according to the gender genie, this little passage I made up is apparently written by a male:

Don't let the fagosexuals turn us into a godless nation. They want to rape us in the ass and make us dance to Cher. We are God fearing men that should squash these degenerates.

Of course, I was parody the typical homophobic fundamentalist.