Goodbye Jesus

Please Help. I Really Need Some Advice From Fellow Xtians

Guest TxToastz

Guest TxToastz

(Ok i don't really know where to put this so if this is in the wrong section please move!)

Anyway here's some background.

I'm 19 and was living on my own but now I have had to move back in with my parent because of financial reasons.

Anyway, my parents are extreme christian fundamentalist. They home school my 3 other sister ages 17, 13, and 11 (I wasn't homeschooled fortunately). And they have all been completely brainwashed by christianity.

Well my parents live in a completely different town over 2 hours away from where I was living, so I have no friends at all here, except for all of my 17 year old sister's friends which are all fundamental christians themselves.

Anyway they have all been really nice and they are actually very chill people and a lot of fun to hang with. Actually I have more fun with them than I did with my old friends where I am from, which is very strange. and these are not your typical "homeschooled" kids either. They are actually fun and cool to chill with.

They don't really throw their beliefs in my face but they all know i'm agnostic. I have a few talks every once in a while with different people and like always, they can't answer any question, they just give me books to read that don't answer my questions either.

Anyway i have been going to youth group with them mainly just to chill and hang out with people, and the youth pastor yesterday invited me to go on a fully paid ski trip with them to Colorado.

I think this will really cool except for one thing....

It's also a mission trip.

Yes they will be spreading and promoting the lies of xtianity to people trying to just go and ski with their friends and family.

My question is SHOULD I GO? Would you go?

Thanks guys. I know this is long and if you read it all I appreciate it!

-Toastz

My question is SHOULD I GO? Would you go?

Thanks guys. I know this is long and if you read it all I appreciate it!

-Toastz

I'd go. It's a ski trip. It's not like you have to go to the Sudan. Outwardly you have to fake it. Inwardly, you're saying "what is all this?" You're a hyprocrite. But so what. We're all hyprocrites. It takes time to transition from Christianity to something else. Forgive yourself. You're just 19. You shouldn't turn down a free vacation. In these tough economic times, who knows when another free trip will be available?

• Super Moderator

Welcome to Ex-C.

They're going to do what they do whether you go or not, so why not go?

One caveat - since you will be a captive audience they might turn their preaching toward you. Be prepared.

I was in your position before, although a snowboarding trip. Do what I did- Go....and poison the well.

What I mean by this is say things that Christians would not understand or admit will eventually lead to apostacy or the the conclusion that christianity is false.

There are a lot of atheist things you can get away with saying in front of christians without them realizing it.

Such as:

-Encourage people to read the bible with an unbiased eye. Tell them that the best way is to read for understanding and decide for themselves if it's true or not. Make no indication that you are for or against the bible. People will assume you are for it and will be totally clueless about the fact that you just told them something that will lead them AWAY from the faith.

-Encourage people to think, and use reason, and try to understand philosophy to the best. If your youth pastor says anything against this, just say that "god gave us minds for a reason".

-During any evangelizing you are forced to do to keep face, be sure and recommend people read specific verses. To the females that your missions group is trying to convert, suggest all the anti-female verses you can think of. Of course, don't tell them what the verse is about just that "*insert passage here* is something you need to read". Use ( This link ) to find them. For males, ask them to read two verses which are blatantly contradictory ( click on the contradiction link on the same page ). This is another thing you can get away with right in front of your youth pastor. Christians do not want to admit to themselves that "teh word of gawd" can disprove itself. If they did, they would not be Christian. What you are basically doing with this is showing them the darker side of Christianity before they are brainwashed into reading the verses with the confirmation bias of Christgoggles, and thus your advice should lead them away.

In general, anything that will lead people away from the Xian borg that christians do not want to admit is a determent is a go. Most christians do not want to accept the fact that truly unbiased reasoning ultimately leads away from their belief system, and because of this you can easily get away with flaunting these kinds of arguments about without anyone suspecting you.

Guest TxToastz
I was in your position before, although a snowboarding trip. Do what I did- Go....and poison the well.

What I mean by this is say things that Christians would not understand or admit will eventually lead to apostacy or the the conclusion that christianity is false.

There are a lot of atheist things you can get away with saying in front of christians without them realizing it.

Such as:

-Encourage people to read the bible with an unbiased eye. Tell them that the best way is to read for understanding and decide for themselves if it's true or not. Make no indication that you are for or against the bible. People will assume you are for it and will totally clueless about the fact that you just told them something that will lead them AWAY from the faith.

-Encourage people to think, and use reason, and try to understand philosophy to the best. If your youth pastor says anything against this, just say that "god gave us minds for a reason".

-During any evangelizing you are forced to do to keep face, be sure and recommend people read specific verses. To the females that your missions group is trying to convert, suggest all the anti-female verses you can think of. Of course, don't tell them what the verse is about just that "*insert passage here* is something you need to read". Use ( This link ) to find them. For males, ask them to read two verses which are blatantly contradictory ( click on the contradiction link on the same page ). This is another thing you can get away with right in front of your youth pastor. Christians do not want to admit to themselves that "teh word of gawd" can disprove itself. If they did, they would not be Christian. What you are basically doing with this is showing them the darker side of Christianity before they are brainwashed into reading the verses with the confirmation bias of Christgoggles, and thus your advice should lead them away.

In general, anything that will lead people away from the Xian borg that christians do not want to admit is a determent is a go. Most christians do not want to accept the fact that truly unbiased reasoning ultimately leads away from their belief system, and because of this you can easily get away with flaunting these kinds of arguments about without anyone suspecting you.

Dang this is some great shit.

too bad I already talked with the youth pastor about me being agnostic. haha I love the poison the well analogy, but at the same time I will feel guilty for doing this, even though I know that I am actually helping these people more but I'm sure you can understand. I was raised xtian my whole life n shit man. But it is a great idea and i'm going to start printing out little verse cards right now hahahaha.

If somehow I was caught spreading "lies" (haha) I would be a permanent outcast (in this particular cult) and my parents would probably kick me out. No shit

Right now the youth group is tryin to "Show me love" and I think this free ski trip is supposed to be some kind of a bribe to show how loving they are.

One thing I keep telling all these fanatical is that "I am on a search for truth. I'm not here to bash the bible or throw a bunch of out of context scriptures in there face" Which seems to diffuse any confrontation that starts building, which is a great misdirection/deception tool for those of you who may need it.

And they always say "Good I am sure you will find Christianity" and you can see the misdirection, because they automatically think Christianity= truth therefore you will find xtianity.

When I have already found that xtianity does not = Truth (But I am still on my quest for the Truth haha)

I just wonder how loving these people will be in 3 -4 months when I haven't become a christian. I wonder if they will ever get tired of "wasting their time"?

Oh and does anyone have any references for helping christians "see the light" so to speak.

It's about time for me to go to Wednesday night service haha

Go for it! Don't worry about what they "might do" or what will happen later when you don't convert. They invited you, so if you go, just have a blast! Besides, your 19, you need to have fun. It sounds like you have some friends in the group. Have a great time!