Goodbye Jesus

Stem Cells Replace Stroke Damaged Tissue In Rats

mwc

Effective stem cell treatment for strokes has taken a significant step forward today (09 March) as scientists reveal how they have replaced stroke-damaged brain tissue in rats.

Previous experiments where stem cells have been injected into the void left by stroke damage have had some success in improving outcomes in rats. The problem is that in the damaged area there is no structural support for the stem cells and so they tend to migrate into the surrounding healthy tissues rather than filling up the hole left by the stroke.

Article.

When will these people stop playing "god?" Don't they understand it's part of the Perfect Plan to leave people all strokey?

It brings those stroked out people closer to HIM. Or it brings people around them closer to HIM. Or it brings some random someone closer to HIM. Only those with a stroked out brain can truly appreciate HIS majesty. Or those who have the heavy burden of caring for those that have suffered a truly massive stroke can truly see HIS love as he leaves you to deal with it on your own. Or random person doing random things can truly appreciate HIS random trait. It's not out place to disrupt this wondrous system.

mwc

When will these people stop playing "god?" Don't they understand it's part of the Perfect Plan to leave people all strokey?

It brings those stroked out people closer to HIM. Or it brings people around them closer to HIM. Or it brings some random someone closer to HIM. Only those with a stroked out brain can truly appreciate HIS majesty. Or those who have the heavy burden of caring for those that have suffered a truly massive stroke can truly see HIS love as he leaves you to deal with it on your own. Or random person doing random things can truly appreciate HIS random trait. It's not out place to disrupt this wondrous system.

mwc

SERIOUSLY! Trying to relieve people of their suffering is like...trying to move them further away from God! God is suffering! I think Mother Theresa thought that anyway... :P

We've only begun to see the implications of stem cell treatment, now that the xian right has been partially de-powered. I personally hope diabetes is eliminated in the coming decades.

We'll see how it pans out. Honestly I don't think that it will be the "miracle cure" it was purported to be once the issue was politicized, but basic research of this kind should be productive perhaps leading to breakthroughs down the line. Besides, as I understand it, it hasn't been that the research is illegal but that it doesn't receive federal funding (though that is pretty detrimental).

If it does end up curing parkinsons, alzheimers, diabetes et al. it will be amusing to see the Christian reaction. Falling silent, I would imagine. Hard to protest those kind of results.

If it does end up curing parkinsons, alzheimers, diabetes et al. it will be amusing to see the Christian reaction. Falling silent, I would imagine. Hard to protest those kind of results.

Well, the xian reaction will be a happy one since most xians support the research in the first place. But I imagine you're talking about the asshats who like to pretend they speak for everyone. I'd love to say they and theirs get blocked from the "miracle cures" that come from this research but I'm sure they'd love that. No. They need to be allowed to partake and then everyone should be sure to play back their hypocritical positions for their flocks as they benefit from the very thing they denounced and made damn sure that many others could not take part it through their stonewalling efforts. It might be tacky but so what? Some of these people deserve no better for what they've done and if a little "protest" displaying their quotes about how stem-cells are essentially bad while they're getting treated with stem cells is what it takes then so be it. How dare they expect kid gloves when they never put them on for anyone themselves.

mwc

I'm very happy to see more promising results in the field of stem cell research. What'd be awesome if not only could it be used to treat Alzheimer's and other genetic diseases, but could be used for regenerative therapy. That is, I would so love to see paraplegics and quadriplegics walk and function again. It'd also be wonderful to see people who've lost limbs , or sight, or hearing , to be given treatment so they could regenerate what they'd lost. It'd be the ultimate physical therapy.

But what I'm really hoping for above all, is for discoveries that could seriously slow down the aging process. Forgive, the term, but I'd love to have an Old Testament lifespan, and live for about nine hundred years.