Goodbye Jesus

Stupid Guest Preacher At Church

Neon Genesis

This morning at my parents' church, we had this idiotic guest preacher there. He flat out said that anyone who didn't get right with Jesus is crazy. So says the people who literally believe in a freaking talking snake. They also went on a rant about how the Church Of Christ has been losing members and been in a decline for the past several years. He blamed it all on the members and insisted the reason why was because they weren't spreading the gospel. It wasn't because the COC's doctrine is out-dated even by fundie standards or because people are seeing through the holes big enough to drive a bus through. It obviously must be the members' fault even though the past few weeks, they've been sending out members on missionary work to other countries to spread the gospel. It must be the members' fault because it can't be the fault of the babble. Then he went on and on about how we're in a war with Satan and how anyone not a member of the COC is an enemy of God. He also said that we can't get people to go to church just by being nice to them and if your job won't let you evangelize others in the work place, you're supposed to find another job. So let me get this straight. In this time with the economy where people are losing jobs and homes, you want people to ditch their job so you can spread your bigoted and closed-minded fantasy? And he dares to say that anyone not right with Jesus is crazy? He also kept laughing at all his own jokes when they weren't even funny and he came across as an obnoxious pompous fool. I just can't stand people who act like they know everything when they don't know anything and why must they advocate stupidity?

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

You know until I got onto the internet, and started to browse boards like this one, I never realized how different Christian upbringings could be. I was raised strict Roman Catholic, and individual priests never had the kind of widespread authority to interpret scripture anyway they damned well pleased like some non-Catholic Christians seem to have. Who does this douchebag think he is?

Well at least we got it right----------there is only one Holy Apostolic and Catholic Church after all. And we all knew which one that was eh? :wicked:

Did he lay out a step-by-step plan for "getting right with Jesus" or did he just kinda through that out there like it would make sense?

wow :lmao:

I haven't gone to church at least four years I remember this kind of crap.

When I was younger, my parents' church had some local looney tune that they let give the sermon whenever the regular pastor was on vacation or whatever. This guy would rail on and on about how everything was the work of the devil. He also preached about the evils of wearing shorts. No good xtain would ever be out mowing the lawn in shorts.

I finally said something one day to my mom, that this guy seemed to be way more impressed by satan than by god.

Anyhow, guest pastors - because crazy people need something to do with their time, too.

Yep, only the CoC is the true church since they date all the way back to the first century.

You have my sympathy Neon, that you still have to go to these service and listen to stuff like this.

My advice is try to tune it out as much as possible. Can you bring a book, hide it in the hymnal and pretend to listen while you are really reading or something?

• Super Moderator

Gotta quit going to those damn churches. They'll fuck you up!

You have my sympathy Neon, that you still have to go to these service and listen to stuff like this.

My advice is try to tune it out as much as possible. Can you bring a book, hide it in the hymnal and pretend to listen while you are really reading or something?

I personally find it to be rather amusing in a sense. I try to look at myself as being like an anthropologist or something that's assimilating with a local cult in the Aztec jungle. It's also good for preparing oneself for xtian apologetics. ^^;; Maybe one day when I can move out on my own, I'll write a book?

When I was a kid we had a guest Chinese missionary claim he raised people from the dead.

It was awesome how everyone bought it.

I remember these guest speakers from Teen Challenge claim that they healed a girl of AIDS. They even had the alleged former AIDS patient speak, as she was there with them.

:shrug:

When I was a kid we had a guest Chinese missionary claim he raised people from the dead.

It was awesome how everyone bought it.

Kind of makes you wish you would have yelled out "Oh, you did not!" at the guy. Doesn't it? I have a feeling that I wouldn't be able to help myself at this point in the game.

mwc

I remember these guest speakers from Teen Challenge claim that they healed a girl of AIDS. They even had the alleged former AIDS patient speak, as she was there with them.

:shrug:

At our church, those preachers likely would have considered those preachers to be heretics who were going to hell for being false prophets as they believe preachers could no longer perform miracles.