Goodbye Jesus

And They Wonder Why You Get Angry!

Guest mrmatt

Guest mrmatt

I have not long left the faith and am now atheist, - here's a portion of a chat i had on msn with a christian friend today - she was telling me what i should be doing by not seeing a woman at work etc...I got very fed up with this typical condescending bull shit!

Michele says:

sorted...x

did you behave the weekend dear....

matty says:

kind of...

Michele says:

kind of?

matty says:

well ..cant reveal everything dear...

Michele says:

don't have to...

it's your business, but I know part of it already...

matty says:

no u dont...

Michele says:

?

matty says:

haha

Michele says:

i yes i do...

but am honoured that you feel you can talk to me about private things...

just don't give to much detail...haha

matty says:

hahaa

Michele says:

but regardless of how intoxicated with love you feel....choose to do the right thing hun...

matty says:

i do dear..i do what feels right...the line between right and wrong becomes rather blurred when intoxicated as u say

Michele says:

what feels right isn't always right....because feelings are deceiving...

but you know that...

matty says:

i know...i dont care any more...life's far too short as they say, could be dead tomorrow

Michele says:

okay...it's your life

matty says:

well, even u must admit life is short dear...too short to worry and hold back from everything

Michele says:

you are only talking about this life hun....

my vision is different from yours...

matty says:

i know,,u have the extra bit, the supernatural side

Michele says:

yes i'm a physic...haha

matty says:

hahaa

but for those of us who dont believe in that, there is a different view

Michele says:

okay...

matty says:

know what i mean me old china

Michele says:

we will talk about this in a few months or even a few years...and see if you are of the same opinion still...

i have faith that you will not be of the same opinion dear...

matty says:

stop talking like that...as if u can see the future...it's weird

Michele says:

haha

because i believe in a God who answers prayer...

always...but not always in our timing...

matty says:

well, u forget i have 'free will'...and i am using that free will to not do what a god wants...so why would he over rule my free will and force me into your way of thinking..it would be a contradiction

Michele says:

i am not even going to answer that...you think about it...

matty says:

well thats what u are suggesting in the way you're talking...

we have free will supposedly dear..and that includes the choice to not believe etc etc

Michele says:

He won't force you hun...but circumstances etc. will help you see in due course...x

matty says:

oh shut up...

Michele says:

okay

just chatting dear...don't get cross...

matty says:

stop talking condescending, its very annoying

Michele says:

sorry you thought i was being like that...wasn't trying to be...

matty says:

stop assuming u know it all...its one of the reasons i left all that...it gives its believers a set of blinkers, i'm right, you're wrong and deluded..quite annoying reall

Michele says:

yes okay...i know...but i am honestly just saying what's on my heart i guess...not judging or anything like that...will leave it now...

still love me....?

haha

matty says:

you'll have to stop adding stuff like this into conversations or i wont talk to u

Michele says:

your choice dear...but real friends should be able to speak their minds don't you think...

but if that's what you want...then i will try not to speak about things like that...

matty says:

good...i just dont want it...and it annoys me when u talk about it...u can give your opinion of things, but dont talk with crap like 'you'll see in the future' and 'you will change' sort of stuff...no need for it...

Michele says:

very well...

Ugh...the condescention is sickening. My family and friends try to slip little things into our conversations too. They feel like veiled threats...you know about the end times, heaven, and hell. Anything half decent in their lives they give the credit to their cosmic sky daddy and there's a little nudging going on there...like they know everything and are therefore being awarded...blah blah blah. And a hinting that if I turn away from my heathen ways then my life will just be dandy too. They're such tools.

i have faith that you will not be of the same opinion dear...
:ugh: I hate it when people try to tell me how I should think.

He won't force you hun...but circumstances etc. will help you see in due course...x

Did you catch the veiled threat here?

Who does she think she is? Why should you give an account of your actions to her? Do you know her outside the internet?

You were very restrained in your responses, Matt. If I were you I don't think I would be having any more of these little chats with this person.

I just *love* the smugness of christians . . . so evident in their belief that they'll eventually be proven right. Her telling you that you will see, "in due course" is a good example. She can never really be proven wrong, because she doesn't have a specific timeline - if something bad happens to you, even 20 years from now, that would be her, "proof" that god was trying to show you your wrong ways. My mother offered the same kind of veiled threats when we left christianity, telling us that all of our, "blessings" were, "disappearing as we speak." Geez . . .

I just *love* the smugness of christians . . . so evident in their belief that they'll eventually be proven right. Her telling you that you will see, "in due course" is a good example. She can never really be proven wrong, because she doesn't have a specific timeline - if something bad happens to you, even 20 years from now, that would be her, "proof" that god was trying to show you your wrong ways. My mother offered the same kind of veiled threats when we left christianity, telling us that all of our, "blessings" were, "disappearing as we speak." Geez . . .

That made me think of something kind of funny... Things went kind of haywire for me shortly after my deconversion, as I left an abusive marriage...and my mom pretty much promoted HERSELF to God and said that everything bad happening to me was because I do what I want instead of what she wants. Crazy lady. :)

Holy shit, I couldn't even finish that. Fucking condescending and passive aggressive at the same time. "It's you're life and I'm not trying to judge, but you're being evil and I'm so much smarter than you and know what's best for you." Shut the fuck up. I couldn't be friends with someone like that.