Goodbye Jesus

Xianity's Obsession With The Crucifixion

Skeptic

I'm watching Religulous yet again (my son and I are sick, what can I say) and I actually paid attention to the crucifixion scene at Holy Land. The actual scene isn't something I care about because it's so obviously fake. It's the audience's reaction. A lot of them are taking pictures, crying, etc. It makes me wonder what these people would do if they were there to witness the actual crucifixion, if it actually happened. It makes me wonder if they would've been part of the crowd who put Jesus to death in the first place.Would one of them tried to stop Jesus from dying or would they have been grateful that he was being sentenced to death to pay for their sins?

They most likely would have been the ones to put Jesus to death. These type of xtians don't care so much about Jesus' sacrifice as much as they care about seeing a good bloody show. I felt sick to my stomach when they started taking pictures as if they're at an ordinary field trip and seeing something fascinating. Isn't this supposed to be someone acting out for your lord and Savior? Isn't this kind of a disrespectful way to treat his death? And isn't that whole Jesusland thing some kind of child abuse?

I'd really love to bring a big tour group of Europeans to Jesusland. The looks of abject horror on their faces would be fucking priceless! :lmao:

One time I was showing this German guy around town here in Vegas. We stopped in front of the Fountains of Bellagio. (God, I hate it.) The National Finals Rodeo, which is the biggest rodeo event on the planet, was in town, so there were cowboys -- I mean real working cowboys -- absolutely everywhere. You couldn't throw a stick without hitting either a cowboy or a giant dirty pickup truck with seven cowboys riding in the bed.

So anyways, the Fountains usually do this "water dance" thing to a musical selection. Usually it's an old show tune or old standard, such as Frank Sinatra's "Luck Be a Lady" or something old and 'classy' like that. But then, just as a bunch of cowboys were lined up in front of the fountain, Lee Greenwood's "Proud to be an American" came on. The German guy stood there in stunned silence, his jaw nearly on the ground. And at the climax of the song, "God Bless the Uuuuu Eeesssss Aaeeeeeeeeeee...." this gigantic mushroom cloud of water shot 200 feet in the air with a massive "BOOOOOOM" and the cowboys started throwing their hats in the air and whooping and hollering. "YeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!"

The German guy started mumbling. "I... I... I... I did not think... this thing actually happened. I thought it... was just a joke or... something. I... had... no idea... that that that... that it was real."

I damn near collapsed onto the sidewalk in a fit of hysterical laughter. :lmao:

I'd really love to bring a big tour group of Europeans to Jesusland. The looks of abject horror on their faces would be fucking priceless! :lmao:

One time I was showing this German guy around town here in Vegas. We stopped in front of the Fountains of Bellagio. (God, I hate it.) The National Finals Rodeo, which is the biggest rodeo event on the planet, was in town, so there were cowboys -- I mean real working cowboys -- absolutely everywhere. You couldn't throw a stick without hitting either a cowboy or a giant dirty pickup truck with seven cowboys riding in the bed.

So anyways, the Fountains usually do this "water dance" thing to a musical selection. Usually it's an old show tune or old standard, such as Frank Sinatra's "Luck Be a Lady" or something old and 'classy' like that. But then, just as a bunch of cowboys were lined up in front of the fountain, Lee Greenwood's "Proud to be an American" came on. The German guy stood there in stunned silence, his jaw nearly on the ground. And at the climax of the song, "God Bless the Uuuuu Eeesssss Aaeeeeeeeeeee...." this gigantic mushroom cloud of water shot 200 feet in the air with a massive "BOOOOOOM" and the cowboys started throwing their hats in the air and whooping and hollering. "YeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!"

The German guy started mumbling. "I... I... I... I did not think... this thing actually happened. I thought it... was just a joke or... something. I... had... no idea... that that that... that it was real."

I damn near collapsed onto the sidewalk in a fit of hysterical laughter. :lmao:

Sigh...I live in the wrong city...darnit the wrong continent!! I missed an entire city of cowboys. I bet there were girls swooning all over the place just from the smell of all that rough manly testosterone. Sigh... :wub::P

Sigh...I live in the wrong city...darnit the wrong continent!! I missed an entire city of cowboys. I bet there were girls swooning all over the place just from the smell of all that rough manly testosterone. Sigh... :wub::P

Don't you guys have drovers?

Yep, you're right indeed. A typical cowboy may have an 8th grade education and be missing some teeth, and most of 'em are kinda ugly and all that weather exposure doesn't do their skin any favors... but I swear to god if a bunch of them walked into a cafe full of French female art students, hormones would flare.

That's a polite way of saying "panties would moisten."

Involuntarily perhaps, but they'd flare just the same.

I'm watching Religulous yet again (my son and I are sick, what can I say) and I actually paid attention to the crucifixion scene at Holy Land. The actual scene isn't something I care about because it's so obviously fake. It's the audience's reaction. A lot of them are taking pictures, crying, etc. It makes me wonder what these people would do if they were there to witness the actual crucifixion, if it actually happened. It makes me wonder if they would've been part of the crowd who put Jesus to death in the first place.Would one of them tried to stop Jesus from dying or would they have been grateful that he was being sentenced to death to pay for their sins?

It's a great mental masturbatory aid.