Goodbye Jesus

New England Pastor Houses Child Killer, Riles Town

hereticzero

Go here for story: http://www.charter.net/news/read.php?ps=10...LARSDCCLM_UNEWS

Guay already had a criminal record when he was charged in 1973, at age 25, with abducting and murdering a 12-year-old boy in Nashua. Authorities said he planned to sexually assault the boy, whose body was clad only in socks and undershorts.

Guay pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and was sentenced to up to 25 years. He kidnapped a Concord couple after briefly escaping from the nearby state prison in 1982 and was sent to a federal prison in California, where he stabbed an inmate in 1991, court records show.

First, I hardly ever hear about good people coming to town to stay with Christians.

Second, the preacher must have shit for brains for letting this guy stay with him, his wife and FOUR children ages 13 to 18. I'm in favor of letting someone get straight after prison but common sense tells me, this convicted felon is not trustworthy and statistically, due to his penchant for violence, he will likely assault another child. I would not let this guy live in my yard let alone my home with four other kids. This story is not a matter of forgiveness, the guy was convicted and sentenced to prison, he served his time. The families of his victims are the ones he needs to forgive him, not the preacher and not the community.

Christians just don't have any sense at all.

Because their basis for faith is to deny reality. They turn themselves blind, so they can believe instead. Hence they fail to see the most obvious things.

Because their basis for faith is to deny reality. They turn themselves blind, so they can believe instead. Hence they fail to see the most obvious things.

Yeah. Kinda like deciding it's a good idea to hire a weird homeless guy to work on your house, then shrugging your shoulders like you never could have guessed when the guy kidnaps your daughter, rapes her repeatedly for 9 months and brainwashes her into thinking she's one of his wives according to god's will.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Smart_kidnapping

If the convict "turns" to jesus then everyone can do a little happy dance. That is a win.

If the convict goes back to his old ways (at any point, even after he "turns") then they can blame it on the mean old "devil" that has had this person in his grasp for so long. Even if there is lots of collateral damage this is still a win.

The first is a win since "god" can do anything even saving a horrible monster. The second is a win since "god" will serve out the final justice.

mwc

• Super Moderator

The Christian isn't the problem - why is this guy out of jail in the first place? To make room for some evil pot smoker?

The Christian isn't the problem - why is this guy out of jail in the first place? To make room for some evil pot smoker?

Nah, they need to make room for all the kids who download music. :)

That's what I was wondering. How and why does a lifelong, violent criminal with get released from prison?

I'm surprised this story has gotten national attention. He was first moved to Manchester NH, They threw him out, Then moved to Concord, they threw him out of there as well, He left the state for a little while, but was ordered back here by a federal judge. Chichester is on the outskirts of Concord, small town yes but not desolate, it's not far from Concord at all.

If evil exists, it exists within this man. He's taken people hostage, Kidnapped and murdered a child as well as attempted murder while in prison. I am fearful they will attempt to move him north, I can guarantee he will be picketed and harassed no matter where he attempts to move in this state. He will either be driven to madness and kill again for the safety of prison, or kill himself. My husband thinks someones going to either kill him or attempt to kill him. Hysteria is taking over no matter where the man goes, Don't get me wrong, I think it's warranted Hysteria. I for sure would be hysterical if they planted him in my town, and join the mob to run him out of town.

The pastor that took him in apparently was oblivious to the wrath of society. The pastor has no regard for his 4 children and people are dumbstruck that he would even allow a killer to sleep under the same roof as his family. The crazed killer spouts some bullshit that he's born again, and dumbasses lap it up at fact. Yet another example of religion making people fucking stupid, completely ignoring their duty to their own children. People have threated to burn down his house , he also said he fears for the safety of himself and family. No one here gives a shit the guy is a pastor, This isn't the south, people are pissed and horrified.

As far as Guay he was charged with 2ed degree murder for killing that child. He was only sentenced to 25 years for that death, the other 10 years was kidnapping charges of the couple in concord as well as other charges not stemming from either case. He didn't get early release, he served his sentence, (35 years) it's Total Bullshit.

Guay is suppose to have an electronic ankle bracelet on as well, that's not up and running yet thanks to the complete incompetence of Fair Point.

A Concord prison chaplain contacted Pinckney, who agreed to take Guay in after meeting him and clearing it with his wife and four children, ages 13 to 18.
I call bullshit on this. Who wants to bet this pastor probably "cleared it" with his wife and children with WWJD guilt tripping and threats with hell if they didn't let this prisoner in their home? He's clearly taking loving your enemies way too far. That's his business if he wants to give this guy a second chance, but don't put the rest of your family at risk in the process. I also don't understand why this man isn't behind bars for the rest of his life. If the man has already murdered and kidnapped people after he got out of prison in the past, why do they think he's stable enough to live in society now just because he's now a Christian? Why do people automatically associate the word Christian with morally, good, upstanding people?

I always thought the '3-strikes rule' was a Federal law that imposes life without parole for three felony convictions. I wonder who the over-paid administrator was that had the brainy idea this clown served enough time in the pen for parole? I agree with Florduh, I think they were making room for them evil hashheads and pot smokers.

I'm surprised this story has gotten national attention. He was first moved to Manchester NH, They threw him out, Then moved to Concord, they threw him out of there as well, He left the state for a little while, but was ordered back here by a federal judge. Chichester is on the outskirts of Concord, small town yes but not desolate, it's not far from Concord at all.

If evil exists, it exists within this man. He's taken people hostage, Kidnapped and murdered a child as well as attempted murder while in prison. I am fearful they will attempt to move him north, I can guarantee he will be picketed and harassed no matter where he attempts to move in this state. He will either be driven to madness and kill again for the safety of prison, or kill himself. My husband thinks someones going to either kill him or attempt to kill him. Hysteria is taking over no matter where the man goes, Don't get me wrong, I think it's warranted Hysteria. I for sure would be hysterical if they planted him in my town, and join the mob to run him out of town.

The pastor that took him in apparently was oblivious to the wrath of society. The pastor has no regard for his 4 children and people are dumbstruck that he would even allow a killer to sleep under the same roof as his family. The crazed killer spouts some bullshit that he's born again, and dumbasses lap it up at fact. Yet another example of religion making people fucking stupid, completely ignoring their duty to their own children. People have threated to burn down his house , he also said he fears for the safety of himself and family. No one here gives a shit the guy is a pastor, This isn't the south, people are pissed and horrified.

As far as Guay he was charged with 2ed degree murder for killing that child. He was only sentenced to 25 years for that death, the other 10 years was kidnapping charges of the couple in concord as well as other charges not stemming from either case. He didn't get early release, he served his sentence, (35 years) it's Total Bullshit.

Guay is suppose to have an electronic ankle bracelet on as well, that's not up and running yet thanks to the complete incompetence of Fair Point.

Wow. I don't agree with the death penalty, but if I did, I would reserve it for people like this. This is so insane.

I always thought the '3-strikes rule' was a Federal law that imposes life without parole for three felony convictions. I wonder who the over-paid administrator was that had the brainy idea this clown served enough time in the pen for parole? I agree with Florduh, I think they were making room for them evil hashheads and pot smokers.

Three strikes is state by state. Some states have it, some states don't. Nevada's crime rate spiked when California passed their three strikes laws, because a lot of gangbangers and other felons relocated to Las Vegas where they could get a fresh start and not worry about any strike system.

This guy is being a fucking moron. Hey, if you want to risk your life because you stupidly believe god is going to protect you or you want to get a little PR for jeebus, then go right ahead...unless you have a freaking family. What kind of idiot invites a child murderer and would-be-rapist into their home to stay with KIDS?

Assuming there was not irrefutable evidence of his crime back in 1973, he should have been sentenced to life without parole after he was convicted. Then this wouldn't even be an issue.

Assuming there was irrefutable evidence of his crime back in 1973 (I know, probably not), he should have been placed in the electric chair right then and there. Even less of an issue.

This kind of shit burns me up.

Maybe it is time for the pastor to be charged with willful and criminal neglect and intent to cause harm to his family (or something -- I'm no lawyer). :shrug: Or, maybe his wife needs to leave his sorry ass and take her kids with her.

Torches, anyone?

That's one of the best quotes I have seen on this board. You said in three short sentences what it might take someone as wordy as me thirty paragraphs to explain. I'll have to remember to use this one the next time I am asked why I am not a Christian.

I wish I thought there was any child protective services anywhere in the U. S. with the brains and will to actually protect the children who actually need protection.

This father might as well be building bombs in his living room, but if he was growing pot in his living room those kids would be jerked outta there in five minutes flat.

Update to the story... :repuke:

WMUR News

CHICHESTER, N.H. -- Paroled child-killer Raymond Guay said his conversion to Christianity 16 years ago made him a different man, and he will spend his life proving it.

Guay killed a Nashua boy in 1973 and kidnapped a Concord couple during a prison escape in 1982. He was released in February with court orders to spend his parole in New Hampshire. Public outrage forced him out of Manchester and Concord before a pastor in Chichester took him in this month.

Guay said it was his kidnapping victim, Emily Beane, who inspired his faith. He told the Concord Monitor that Beane was not afraid of him, and even cooked him dinner and offered to mend his clothes. He said he realized that he wanted that kind of grace, though he didn't convert for another 11 years.

WMUR News 9's Heather Hamel reported Guay lives in a small room in the house equipped with a wood-burning stove, a couple chairs and a bed. His area has a separate entrance.

The Rev. David Pinckney said Guay doesn't spend all his time in his part of the house. In fact, he's working on the family's new home addition.

"He doesn't spend every day here. He's a free man," Pinckney said. "He wants to get on with his life. He can't change his past but he wants to build a future."

Guay spends his nights in the basement with a Bible not far from his bed.

"Parts of his life, people don't realize. Last night, he was on the phone with his 36-year-old son that he's never seen other than as an infant, and he keeps in touch with his ex-wife. They communicate a lot," Pinckney said.

WMUR News 9 saw Guay on Pleasant Street in Concord on Thursday, and he said that he has changed from the man who was imprisoned for killing a boy in 1973.

"I'm afraid of that guy you write about, too," Guay said. "Anyone would be."

Guay said that he has found religion, and he's trying to function in the community. He said he was out looking for a job on Thursday.

Pinckney said Guay's dealing with a lot but he believes he's changed.

"If there had been a single red flag -- even today -- I would make the phone call and Ray would be out of here in an hour," he said.

Chichester residents have been very outspoken about their concerns about Guay. They have held daily rallies in his neighborhood, holding signs and asking for his removal.

"He keeps a low profile. He's not pacing the property line," Pinckney said.

Guay said that he is wearing an electronic monitoring bracelet in an attempt to ease people's fears. Wearing the bracelet is voluntary for Guay.

"If it calms one person's fears, we accomplished our goals," Guay said.

Guay said he calls police every time he leaves, and he's just trying to keep a low profile and live his life. He said he managed to get a job briefly when he moved from Manchester, but he was required to move back to New Hampshire to serve the rest of his federally supervised probation.

Pinckney said despite the community outrage and daily rallies on his street, Guay has remained calm, and instead of getting angry, he is praying for the people who are speaking ill of him.

The gull.... :cussing: I also notice WMUR left out the attempted murder of a fellow prisoner in the 90s from the sob story. What a load of Bullshit.