Goodbye Jesus

Exwitch.org

Asimov

So far my experiences with exwitch.org started out badly, and then got a little better as I entered into a discussion with a non-christian about knowledge and whether or not faith can be an epistemic.

However, in another thread, they're talking about the same crap that all Christians say:

"You need to open your heart and mine!"

"You can't find God with your ears stuffed and your eyes closed!!"

"Jesus finds you!"

This is not my opinion, this is proven fact: Christians say this to avoid questioning that maybe they're wrong.

How is it proven?

Just try having a conversation with one about becoming a Christian.

One girl said that she'd been feeling this emptiness inside her for awhile now (I wanted to suggest that I could fill her up...) and so she started searching for God (I guess his is bigger.) She said that she cried, begged, pleaded, prayed, everything but she still felt this emptiness. Then one day, it suddenly clicked, and she didn't feel emptiness anymore, so that was when she became a Christian.

What......the......fuck. That's nothing special! That's coming to terms with the self! That's not Jesus saying "Hey girl, you know I'm here, I love you", that's a FEELING that she attributed to God.

The reason why they avoid the idea that I don't believe AND I'm not empty inside is because they don't want to lose that feeling of contentment.

I've heard Christians say that being a Christian is far from contentment, that it's the hardest thing you'll ever do...yea right...whatever. So we have persecuted Christians and content Christians...not a big conflict.

Anyway, enjoy.

Guest Son of Belial
So far my experiences with exwitch.org started out badly, and then got a little better as I entered into a discussion with a non-christian about knowledge and whether or not faith can be an epistemic.

However, in another thread, they're talking about the same crap that all Christians say:

"You need to open your heart and mine!"

"You can't find God with your ears stuffed and your eyes closed!!"

"Jesus finds you!"

This is not my opinion, this is proven fact:  Christians say this to avoid questioning that maybe they're wrong.

How is it proven? 

Just try having a conversation with one about becoming a Christian.

One girl said that she'd been feeling this emptiness inside her for awhile now (I wanted to suggest that I could fill her up...) and so she started searching for God (I guess his is bigger.) She said that she cried, begged, pleaded, prayed, everything but she still felt this emptiness.  Then one day, it suddenly clicked, and she didn't feel emptiness anymore, so that was when she became a Christian.

What......the......fuck.  That's nothing special!  That's coming to terms with the self!  That's not Jesus saying "Hey girl, you know I'm here, I love you", that's a FEELING that she attributed to God.

The reason why they avoid the idea that I don't believe AND I'm not empty inside is because they don't want to lose that feeling of contentment.

I've heard Christians say that being a Christian is far from contentment, that it's the hardest thing you'll ever do...yea right...whatever.  So we have persecuted Christians and content Christians...not a big conflict.

Anyway, enjoy.

Yup, you hear how peaceful it is to be a Christian, but then you hear how they are so persecuted and must struggle so hard. Then again, one part of the Bible says that God will provide for you, you'll never go hungry, you'll always get what you need and be delivered from suffering. Then another part says you're supposed to starve, be homeless, and persecuted, because that means you'll have food and joy in Heaven later.

So which is it? Contentment here with plenty? Or nothing here but persecution and misery, but contentment in Heaven?

As far as the feeling empty then suddenly feeling better thing... maybe it's a mood swing? Fuck, sometimes we feel depressed for a while then wake up one day and feel better. Maybe it's a chemical imbalance.

Or maybe it was ODIN.

Did she ever think of that?