Goodbye Jesus

So Wow...god Is Like A Deadbeat Dad Huh?

Eris

Here's something I've wanted to share with someone for such a long time but never had the opportunity to do so.

Before the election in October, my mother and I were returning home from shopping when we ran into this lady in the parking lot. She was an older African-American woman, early sixties I guess and she seemed nice enough so my mother introduced herself and began talking about the election. Of course, this all lead to talk about Jesus and God and how he planned for everything to go right but out of nowhere, this lady states the strangest claim about God I have EVER heard.

See if you're not the only one who is confused.

I forgot what the starting point was but the woman started talking about helping a homeless person. She said that if a homeless person asked for money or assistance, she would say she would give it to him but she wouldn't give it to him/her when she needed it. The example continues with the homeless person waiting for a day and asking for help but recieveing none, and then coming back the next day and asking for help but recieving none. With a smile, the woman continued to play the part of God, telling the homeless person that she WOULD help him....EVENTUALLY.

In conculsion, she stated that God will help you but not right away.

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Really, is THIS the person we're supposed to lay our lives down for; a person who will help you on his OWN time, even though by the time you need help it will be too late? Wow, that's starting to sound like my dad. :|

Tell me I'm not the only one freaked out by this...

• Super Moderator

You're right. That is bizarre.

Wow. That is unbelievably horrible. I hope that woman never encounters someone who really needs her help or they're screwed. What would happen, I wonder, if she had a friend or relative who reached out to her because he/she was seriously depressed? By the time she got around to helping the person, it might be too late. I don't understand this mentality at all. I guess it plays on the xian idea that suffering is a good thing. These people believe that Jesus suffered and died for their sins and they're taught that it's a good thing, so maybe they also think that people need to suffer, maybe to "build character" or something. Either way, the fact that there are people out there that don't want to help people who really need help right away and let them continue to suffer is absolutely nauseating. If it goes on long enough, that person might lose all hope in humanity and may even become suicidal. Of course, then the xians will just pin that on the person saying that they don't have a good enough relationship with god and that god's just "testing" them or whatever.

Wow. That is unbelievably horrible. I hope that woman never encounters someone who really needs her help or they're screwed. What would happen, I wonder, if she had a friend or relative who reached out to her because he/she was seriously depressed? By the time she got around to helping the person, it might be too late. I don't understand this mentality at all. I guess it plays on the xian idea that suffering is a good thing. These people believe that Jesus suffered and died for their sins and they're taught that it's a good thing, so maybe they also think that people need to suffer, maybe to "build character" or something. Either way, the fact that there are people out there that don't want to help people who really need help right away and let them continue to suffer is absolutely nauseating. If it goes on long enough, that person might lose all hope in humanity and may even become suicidal. Of course, then the xians will just pin that on the person saying that they don't have a good enough relationship with god and that god's just "testing" them or whatever.

No shit. I HAVE depression and am constantly told to drop it or that God will heal me. In fact, relatives have prayed for God because they think I'm too skinny. :|

Fuck man, I'm like, only five four and I wieght 118 (or more, I don't know. I'm not parinoid and don't weigh myself every second). Now you're using God as a means for weight gain.

This is why I need to get out of here.

I met a guy at WalMart the other day that was in his 70s and wanted to tell me how God has helped him in his life overcome cancer. He had it for over 20 years. I think it is wonderful someone overcame a very serious illness but if God loved him so much, why not prevent the old guy from getting cancer to begin with? Christians refer to God as their father. My earthly father would not give me a disease and then ignore me until I spent my lifetime paying for medical care. If I became sick, my father would help me get the treatment I needed and make sure I could afford it.

Fuck man, I'm like, only five four and I wieght 118 (or more, I don't know. I'm not parinoid and don't weigh myself every second). Now you're using God as a means for weight gain.

This is why I need to get out of here.

Yet most believers I know pray for weight LOSS. They feel a need for divine special intervention when diet and exercise work OVER AND OVER (kind of like science)