Goodbye Jesus

Did Noah Kill The Sabertooth Tiger?

Guest Albondigas

Guest Marty
“There were giants in the earth in those days…” Wow, Megafuana right there before the flood!!! “God said to Noah the end of all flesh is come before me; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth. For the earth is filled with violence through them; and behold I will destroy them with the earth.” Holy cow!!! God is ending easy access to all that corrupted flesh provided by the megafuana.

Wow, so the israelites were having sex with all those Sabertooh tigers and Wooly Mamoths! WOW! :o

What would happen if a giant comet broke up as it spiraled into Earth’s gravitation and its hot molten remnants crashed into the froze ice age pole? The massive heat of the impact would instantly turn all the ice to vapor sending huge billows of steam and ash into the atmosphere. I have to imagine this huge amount of water vapor could cause a global super storm that lasted for 40 days and 40 nights. Could it be this comet collision is what caused the mega flood told of in the Noah story in the Bible? I opened my bible to check it out.

Nice idea, except there is not enough water or ice on the earth to cover every mountain peak as described in the bible. This has been explained time and time again in just about every book I've read debunking ID/creationism. This guy sure likes to pick and choose what information he makes available.

It reads like a Christian grasping at straws to keep his faith afloat! As science points out the flaws of religion, religion changes its theology to try and outwit science. This is one case. Religion cannot prove people existed with dinosaurs but even they know humans lived with and hunted ice age mammals. Now they move the story of Noah forward from the days of dinosaurs to the days of the ice age. Same shit, different day--blah, blah, global flood, blah, blah, Noah saves the world. Christians do not like 'acts of god' that do not include god.

... the argument for a comet is quite convincing. It all comes back to finding stardust. There is a layer of soil called the black mat that exists in many places all over the world. Everywhere around the world it dates to 12,900 years ago. Scientists have recently discovered that this layer contains slightly higher iridium levels and more interestingly a bagillian nano diamonds. Many of these micro diamonds were found to have hexagonal structures. Hexagonal diamond structures are not formed naturally on Earth and are therefore likely to be of extra terrestrial origin. This layer is in effect stardust. These same nano diamonds were also found in ice samples taken from a Greenland glacier dated to the same time. The ice record also shows a major drop in temperature in the years following this geologic catastrophe.

The mass extinctions, even if caused by an asteroid or comet, were not sudden, they were over a period of several years, while some animals may have died instantly depending on where they were living at the time of an impact. The build up of space dust and nano diamonds occurred over several years, not in one day or in one month. They may be from several impacts or they have been floating around in the atmosphere until settling to the ground, which could be one reason why the deposits are found globally. This still does not mean the comets or asteroids caused a massive global flood. If it were the case that a sudden extinction occurred throughout the animal kingdom, and humans were present at the time, then humans would have also suffered extinction at the same time. It was a gradual extinction of certain large animals which gave humans the chance to migrate to other parts of the planet where food was still in abundance. Humans still hunted these animals until the animals went extinct either from over hunting, starvation, or disease. It is that these animals were selected by nature, for whatever reason, for extinction. They were not able to keep up with changing conditions in which they lived and they became extinct.

The word 'impact' is misleading. Incoming debris from space can exterminate everything for hundreds of miles or even globally, if the debris were large enough, without making contact with the ground. Nuclear missiles do not make contact with the ground, they explode about three miles in the atmosphere with enough destructive power to wipe out everything for hundreds of miles. The destruction would not be so wide spread if the missile made contact with the ground. Most of the impact would be absorbed by the ground and resulting debris thrown into the atmosphere. Likewise with debris from space. If the debris exploded in the atmosphere, more debris from the ground and resulting fires would be thrown into the atmosphere in greater abundance and the explosive force would be felt at a greater distance, than if the impact were on the ground. An asteroid or comet would not have to make contact with the earth in order to destroy the earth. All that is needed is a comet or asteroid of sufficient mass, exploding in the atmosphere, to cause a global extinction. In some cases such an explosion could possibly blast the atmosphere off the planet.

I have doubts as to the theories of global extinctions supposedly occurring during the time of humans on the earth. Mainly because animals and humans are still here. Different species became extinct during different periods of time but the fact some remained alive until only a few thousand years ago leads me to believe that the extinctions at that time were not on a global scale. In North America, humans hunted mammoths until around 8,000 to 10,000 years ago. They also hunted the giant sloths. Humans cannot hunt food that went extinct thousands of years before the ice age, so these ice age animals would have to survive in order to be hunted, and among them was the saber tooth tiger.

Even if his comet/flood/extinctions theory were essentially true (which I seriously doubt), the very weakest part of it, the part without the slightest trace of evidence at all, is "goddidit!"

-WizenedSage

Noah had to kill them, because he had run out of unicorns to feed them.

:lmao:

The picture is priceless. Noah looks so blase as his sword is just casually stabbed into the leaping tiger.

Don't forget the dragons.