Goodbye Jesus

Happy Death Cult Day!

Gobbler

On the way back and forth from work there are several churches I pass by on a regular basis. About two months ago a couple of them planted seven-foot high wooden crosses in front of their buildings. They were draped with a royal purple cloth over the cross bar, rain or shine. Many are the times I just wanted to stop by and just throw it on the ground! Too many witnesses and I would probably be arrested and end up on Fox News in another installment of the "Attack on Christianity". :rolleyes: Lo and behold, I drive by today, Good Friday (Death Cult Celebration Day), and they have a huge black cloth covering nearly the whole cross. WTF!? What if their precious jesus (mythical) had been hung from a rope? Would christians be wearing hangman's nooses from their necks? Would we have ropes hanging down from the church steeples? Anyone else notice that the cross has become a deity unto itself? It drives me up the wall how christians celebrate death and blood sacrifice as if it's the normal thing to do! I can guaran-fucking-tee ya that they will have white cloths hanging around their precious crosses on Sunday! Maybe with a few blood stains on it no doubt! Fuck! The stupid hurts! :49:

As a boy I recall having to do the "Stations of the Cross" in our Catholic church. Looking back on it now as an adult, it was positively gruesome.

I remember back when I was much younger, the bible classes had the kids watch a reenactment of the crucifixion, and you were called cold hearted if you didn't cry.

Could be worse some crosses have a bloody corpse on it. I never understood the cross idea I mean if Jesus was real and came back wouldn't what he suffered and died on be the last thing he'd want to see?

Wouldn't he be afraid of churches with crosses? Seems like he'd think they was his enemy or the roman goverment crucifying people.

Christians seem to love the bloody jesus on the cross idea...The passon of christ winch is mainly a jesus torture film was a hit among them.

I personally like the cute easter bunnie, eggs expecially reese and cadburry and Ostara better than Christian's bastardization easter.

I'd rather see a bunny statue with a basket of eggs in the yard any day.

Christians seem to love the bloody jesus on the cross idea...The passon of christ winch is mainly a jesus torture film was a hit among them.
Many years ago, I made a T-shirt (Black, with silver lettering.) that said,

Christianity

is Sado-Masochism

of the Soul.

Years later, The Passion of the Mel comes out, along with all the anecdotes about how the Christians in the audiences behaved and I just thought, "Well, that proves my point. Go to the show and watch the crowd, not the movie."

I personally like the cute easter bunnie, eggs expecially reese and cadburry and Ostara better than Christian's bastardization easter.

"No! Christianity has NOT stolen pagan fertility cult symbols! The egg is symbolic of Jesus breaking out of the tomb! And the bunny is symbolic of... um... of... of how God's love for us is all warm and fuzzy! And how salvation makes us jump for joy! Yeah, that's it! Christmas and Easter are NOT stolen pagan holidays, they were given to us by GOD ALMIGHTY! But Halloween is a pagan celebration of Satan! It's Satan's door to Hell for children! And receiving stolen property is NOT immoral if God is the one we're receiving it from!

So there!

Have you accepted Jeshua Cottontail into your heart?

Besides which, "Fuck like a Jesus" just doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

Loren!!!

Welcome back. :D

I will forever hate the ironically named "Good" Friday.

In the church I attended, it was tradition to write down your sins on a sheet of paper and stick them to one of the nails on the cross that was brought into the middle of the congregation. I was 11 at the time, and I was trying to think of a sin....I was trying so damn hard. I couldn't think of a single thing I had done wrong. I prayed to God to reveal to me how I had sinned, but nothing happened. I came to the conclusion that I was such a horrible sinner, that I had been sinning and not even knowing it. I wrote down "Dear God, I'm sorry, I'm so bad I don't even know what I've done wrong. I'll try not to do it again..." I cried, a lot....

Thanks, Jesus!!!

I will forever hate the ironically named "Good" Friday.

In the church I attended, it was tradition to write down your sins on a sheet of paper and stick them to one of the nails on the cross that was brought into the middle of the congregation. I was 11 at the time, and I was trying to think of a sin....I was trying so damn hard. I couldn't think of a single thing I had done wrong. I prayed to God to reveal to me how I had sinned, but nothing happened. I came to the conclusion that I was such a horrible sinner, that I had been sinning and not even knowing it. I wrote down "Dear God, I'm sorry, I'm so bad I don't even know what I've done wrong. I'll try not to do it again..." I cried, a lot....

Thanks, Jesus!!!

Yeah, that's the thing I never understood about Christianity. Even if you go about your day-to-day life and never hurt anything larger than a mosquito, and you obey all the laws and never get into trouble, somehow you are still a horrible, awful, sinner merely by existing.

I can't believe humanity it this dumb. (Wait a minute, yes I can.) They worship a gruesome death by a "loving" god who obviously needs a therapist and some medication.

Halloween is about the honoring of dead ancestors and scaring away spirits by wearing masks not satan.

Alot of town are trying to ban this holiday thinking it's satanic...I feel sorry for all the kids who wont get to dress up as their favorite cartoon or movie character and get tons of candy to eat all night.

But Halloween is a pagan celebration of Satan! It's Satan's door to Hell for children! And receiving stolen property is NOT immoral if God is the one we're receiving it from!

So there!

This is cute. Kind of sucks dogs can't eat chocolate tho.

Have you accepted Jeshua Cottontail into your heart?

Guest Net Eng

Interestingly enough on Comedy Central last night they aired The Passion of the Jew South Park episode.

Gotta love Comedy Central for that one!! :Duivel7:

Yea, Southpark is cool. Did you see the one where they said the easter bunny was made pope that was funny.

Interestingly enough on Comedy Central last night they aired The Passion of the Jew South Park episode.

Gotta love Comedy Central for that one!! :Duivel7:

Yeah, we're doing easter eggs, choc bunnies, and then heading out for some putt-putt tomorrow with the kiddos. First easter sunday in my life I've missed church (except for one spent at the hospital with my daughter in 07). :D