Goodbye Jesus

A very strange happening...

XCrispyKFC

OK, here is something that happened to me and I would like to hear your opinions about it...

I was very close with my grandmother (absolute devout Catholic) and we would often talk about religion and why she believes it and what I believe. We were so close that I asked her, "when you die, can you please attempt to contact me someway, somehow?" I don't believe in life-after-death or the existence of a soul but....ya never know (I'm agnostic). She gladly agreed and told me she would do it if possible, knowing her intentions would be that I would then believe in God and become a Catholic. This was sometime in 2001.

Moving on to December 2002. My grandmother was still alive and I just arrived to my military base in Germany. One night I laid down to fall asleep thinking about what I was going to do the next and such, when suddenly I felt a physical tap on the top of my head! I jumped out of bed and my heart was racing thinking it was a ghost or something. I woke up my pissmate and told him what happened, he didn't care and went back to sleep. I didn't tell anyone else about it and wrote it off that I was just "feeling" things.

May 24, 2005, my grandmother died of leukemia. She was bed ridden for about 2 months prior and I wasn't able to fly back to NY to visit during this time. I was granted emergency leave and flew back for the funeral. My mother mentioned TO ME that my grandmother told her about our conversation 4 years earlier before she died. She told my mom that she would rub my arm to let me know she's still watching me. My mom said, you should do something else because he'll probably just think it's his girlfriend in the bed next to him. She said, "OK, I'll just BOP HIM ON THE HEAD!"

I know what you're thinking....I was tapped on the head while she was still alive. But, maybe, just maybe, if a soul exists and has the power to interfere with our dimension, their concept of time might be a little fucked up. Maybe she came to a time AROUND the time she knew she died. Now, I don't fully believe this but it still makes me think a little. What do you guys think? I know most of you are Athiest, Agnostic, Wiccan, or some other misc. religious sect.....I want to hear some opinions.

First of all...your name makes me hungry.... :HaHa:

Secondly, my girlfriend is american and looks almost exactly like the girl on the left of your signature. :shrug:

As far as the head bopping goes...you were the only one that was there and knows what happened. Its up to you to decide. Personally, i dont believe in a soul because I dont know where it would go after it left the body. Heaven and hell were created in the heads of men.

Pure coincidence...in my opinion. Why can't a sign from the spirit world be something very specific, observable, and testable?

When I was in the 1st grade, a neighbor lady had a baby girl. I asked my mom what they had named her. Mom said they hadn't decided yet. I went outside to play, and as I was walking through the neighborhood by myself, I started wondering what they would name her. I came up with a name that I didn't remember ever hearing before..."Yolanda".

Two days later they came home with the new baby girl named Yolanda. Coincidence?, obviously, unless you "believe" in the spirit world. I don't. But that is not to say I couldn't be persuaded otherwise. All I need is some evidence. Scientifically verifiable evidence.

makes perfect sense if you believe that your grandmother's spirit left her body, traveled halfway across the world, thwacked you on the head and went back to her body, all while she was still living......

Or maybe it was just pure coincidence

"I know what you're thinking....I was tapped on the head while she was still alive. But, maybe, just maybe, if a soul exists and has the power to interfere with our dimension, their concept of time might be a little fucked up."

Hey, Crispy,

Interesting post. I used to think along those lines, also, and have had some very interesting "extra-physical" events also. I even thought gawd sent me a message once.

I dont' know why these things happen, but I now believe that we are all have some subconscious connections to each other. If I don't believe in the spirit world, I can believe in this connection. How else would I know that my mother had died while my father was still on his way home to tell us, or how would I know that a terrible thing happening in NY, DC and PA on September 11 even before I turned on the TV that morning? (I felt weak all morning and nearly fell to the floor at one point that I ID'd later as the time the first tower was hit.) Once I was lost on a back road and feeling very scared. I prayed (haha) that a guardian angel would come to rescue me and just then I felt a tap on my shoulder, and then I found my way out. Wishful thinking, I suppose. I believe my grandmother also visited me after she died and it was a wonderful gift.

I have other examples, but the point is that if these connections can be made while we are alive, perhaps there is such a thing as a universal consciousness which we join fully after death. It's just my idea, but it explains a lot for me.

Don't get overly stuck on your grandmother visiting you before or after she died. We can scare ourselves or get overtaken by one thought needlessly when there really is a better answer. Keep questioning everything!!

best to you,

inini

I sure wish I could leave my body and bop people on the head!

(Loren setting off through the spirit world with his Astral Mallet and a long list...)

Frankly, I don't worry too much anymore about the differences between the "spirit world", the "real world" and so on. These are more lingual definition problems than concrete problems. Things can be deceptive; even physical matter is mostly energy interactions.

There are events. Of these, there is the known, and the unknown. The fact that present science hasn't delineated something doesn't mean it isn't real. Gorillas were known to be mythical until they were discovered.

I've had too many deeply wierd things happen to me to worry about whether it's real or not. What's more pertinent to me is what's going on and how should I respond, if I should respond at all.

I would say that the fact that it occured when you were sleeping is problematic. Your mind can play strange tricks when you are sleeping or in a state of near sleep. I once thought I saw two large green demon eyes staring at me from the foot of my bed. I froze in horror and couldn't speak. I was in a state of near dream sleep, but semi conscious. I don't believe it was anything more than my own brain fooling me.

Crispy, that is a really interesting post. I personally am not sure about an afterlife/transcendence/whatever, but I guess I can say that I don't deny the possibility of "something". But back to the post... my mother and grandmother had a similar experience to yours before I was born. Neither of them are deeply religious or have any real affinity for "the other side" (from a traditional meat & potatoes Kansas farming family), but that sort of astral-projection thingy happened to them too.

I guess I'd just say that lots of things are possible that are beyond what we can understand right now. That's not to say that someday we won't figure them out, but for now, we can only imagine and make our best guess. :shrug:

It's possible that the "bop" that you felt was a hallucination you had right when you were about to fall asleep or wake up. I have these quite often. I usually think I'm talking to somebody on my phone and I'll snap out of it and realize I was half asleep.

I have had some really weird hallucinations "in between sleep". When I was very young (probaby 8 years old or younger). I woke up in the middle of the night and "saw" the cartoon characters Tom and Jerry in the middle of my room. They didn't look like normal though, and it was only their heads popping out of the floor and they looked evil. I needed to go to the bathroom but I was sort of freaked and I went back to sleep. I was a Christian back then and at first thought it was either the sign I'd been asking God to provide me to let me know that he was real or the devil himself. I did come to the conclusion that it was a hallucination, however, and I am even more convinced because I have had more hallucinations since.

The concept of the devil being "in" with Tom and Jerry is pretty cool though, don't you think?

Thank you for all your responses. I just want to say that I don't really believe this is what happened, but it was just strange. If I was a betting man I would definately put it on coincidence.