Goodbye Jesus

The Praise The Gods Thread

Tabula Rasa

Whether you are atheist, agnostic, or do believe in an alternative brand of spirituality or theism, I invite everyone to praise a non abrahamic god or goddess. Feel free to invent some if you'd like, or praise gods from pop culture and or literature. Because to my mind, the only thing sweeter than blasphemy, is to praise the competition.

I'll start: Praise Horo, the sage wolf, who maketh the wheat grow abundantly!

Horoinshirt.jpg

Guest Net Eng
Whether you are atheist, agnostic, or do believe in an alternative brand of spirituality or theism, I invite everyone to praise a non abrahamic god or goddess. Feel free to invent some if you'd like, or praise gods from pop culture and or literature. Because to my mind, the only thing sweeter than blasphemy, is to praise the competition.

I'll start: Praise Horo, the sage wolf, who maketh the wheat grow abundantly!

Praise be to the Packet Godtm without who our data would loop endless in the network.

Praise Mother Earth, Mother moon and Father Sun.

Praise Cernunnos and Cerwedan!

Praise Ēostre the true goddess of easter it's her holiday not christians

The idea of easter egg hunting and the bunny was stolen from Paganism a much older and cooler religion.

All HAIL THE EASTER SLOTH!!!!!

sloth3.jpg

sloth1.jpg

All Hail Gumby!

Here's a link if you can't decide which deity you want to praise. God Checker .com

Continuing on.... Praise Sakura, Lord of the Stars

CARDCAPTORSAKURA21.jpg

Glory to the Pig!!!

The idea of easter egg hunting and the bunny was stolen from Paganism a much older and cooler religion.

:woohoo: Thanks, WB! Chocolate eggs? Got lots.

Oh, and praise the Parking Gods (Asphaltia, Squat and Gravél) who found Me a great spot at the rec centre this afternoon.

I've always had a special affinity for Horus.

and the Shinto pantheon....so praise Inari!

Praise to Bast

Praise to Isis, Mistress of Magic

Praise to Caffeine, without whom many could not function

Praise to Amida

Praise to Chickpeas, for whom the hummus is made

Praise to the Trees

Just for a little bit of serious-ness in this thread, hail Thor! :P

I been buying reese eggs all month their my favorite. You like those?

:woohoo: Thanks, WB! Chocolate eggs? Got lots.

Oh, and praise the Parking Gods (Asphaltia, Squat and Gravél) who found Me a great spot at the rec centre this afternoon.

Hail Thor and Odin for being so fucking awesome!!!

Hail Satan for his ongoing patronage of the most glorious genre of music in the entire universe: heavy metal.

Hail Zeus for being such a horny motherfucker, setting aside his responsibilities as ruler of the world to stupidly chase after mortal pussy. Zeus, you are my hero, and not only do I hope to look like you when I'm really old, I hope to pull like you when I'm really old.

Hail Aphrodite/Venus for the masturbation fantasies.

Hail Dionysus because he's a lot more fun than Apollo. There is a Dionysus-shaped-hole in all your hearts that must be refilled at least once or twice a week.

Hail the god of the written word and literature. I need to invent a name for it. Any ideas?

Hail the god of the written word and literature. I need to invent a name for it. Any ideas?

Only one writer god comes to mind -- ASIMOV! All hail Isaac Asimov!

Only one writer god comes to mind -- ASIMOV! All hail Isaac Asimov!

Hail Roddenberry!

All Hail Lewis Carroll!!! god of the rabbit hole!

I been buying reese eggs all month their my favorite. You like those?

I think I've had them once or twice, but none this year (so far!) We have gone through a two-pound bag of Cadbury Mini-Eggs, and are working on a two-pound bag of Hershey Eggies and some malted-milk eggs.

BTW, this is a great list of deities we've got going here. Time to add a few more:

Hail Athena, a splendid role model and My first friend among the Many Gods.

Hail Lakshmi, who inspires Me to clean My desk and who makes sure I always have coffee money near at hand.

And a hearty toast of mead to the Æsir and Vanir!

Hail Zeus for being such a horny motherfucker, setting aside his responsibilities as ruler of the world to stupidly chase after mortal pussy. Zeus, you are my hero, and not only do I hope to look like you when I'm really old, I hope to pull like you when I'm really old.

Just to have said it, Odin - according to the sagas - also likes to chase some juicy Midgard female... or twelve... :P

card_easter_platypus.gif

All Hail the Easter Platypus!

Going all the way back to the beginning in Mesopotamia, we have the sexy darling of writing and language, Inanna.

From Godchecker: INANNA: Goddess of Words, Language, Syntax and Meaning. It's all writing, innit? Having peeked at the Tablets of Destiny (ME), she is an expert at persuasive NAM-SHUBbery.

More about her: Inanna

Working at a bookstore, I've joked sometimes, that I've felt compelled by the god of books to recommend a book to a particular customer, and perhaps it's my imagination, but I seem to be fairly accurate with my recommendations.

Guess, I'm just a servant of Inanna...

Hail the four Nordic Gods, of whom are represented in the Sign of the Hammer.

Hail Odin, for his Wisdom.

Hail Baldr, for his forgiveness

Hail Freya, for her Magic and Love

Hail Thor, for his Strength and Mjollnir

Worship yourself. Worship your friends. Worship your lovers. Worship what makes each of us what we are.

Free Will is what sets us apart. Apart and above, even from the great gods of theism.

Worship that Free Will, for without it, we would not be.

Worship it by exercising it to our fullest, do not surrender it to anyone -- god, person, object or otherwise.

Worship it because it is real, and a real god must be greater than an imaginary one.