Goodbye Jesus

I Went To Church On Easter Sunday

upstarter

So, one of my co-workers was singing in a special Easter choir at her church and invited people from work to go listen. I was reluctant of course, but I like to support my friends and colleagues in their creative pursuits and I like them to come to my performances, so I decided to suck it up and go.

Well the music was fantastic, if you can overlook the words, which I could. :)

Then the pastor got up to give his message. It was about "The Ultimate Stain Remover". All about how we are born broken and we need god's forgiveness and wasn't it wonderful that Jesus died so we could all be cleansed of our sins. Blah blah blah, we've heard it all before.

But the crux of his message was that in order to really feel free we must be released from the guilt of sin. Yes!!! I couldn't agree more. I never felt free until I realised that the whole concept of sin is a crock of shit! Sin is a construct of religion. And without the guilt of sin I am free!

I sat smugly in my seat, nodding my head and thinking how simple it really is to be free from the guilt of sin. And it doesn't require me closing my eyes or repeating any prayer.

Hallelujah!

Heather

Exactly.

The ones who have had close enough contact to this religion seriously need to banish the idea of 'sin', and rather focus on what they want their moral construct to maintain.

Guilt where guilt is due, apologies where an apology is due, thankfulness where a thank-you is due. There is no need of having some 'score-board' of sins.

Load me up on sins, heck! i'll gladly do what was written about Jesus did when I die -- Give me all your sins, bring on the non-existant little sinnies... minus the supposed crucifixion and delusion mind you...

But yeah, it takes a good revelation like that to realize.. SIN? What sin?

lol I just read your little blurb at the bottom of your posts -- i thought it said "Organisms are much better than bible study" but, orgasms work too.

Speakin of Easter, if Cadbury Creme Eggs are a sin, I M GUIN 2 HA-IL!

Other than that, I agree, once the scoreboard of sin is wiped clean, you lose about 500 pounds of weight, best Diet Plan ever!

But the crux of his message was that in order to really feel free we must be released from the guilt of sin. Yes!!! I couldn't agree more. I never felt free until I realised that the whole concept of sin is a crock of shit! Sin is a construct of religion. And without the guilt of sin I am free!

So true. When I was a christian I nearly felt obliged to feel guilt of various 'sins'. I even tried to force myself to feel guilty as you have to regret your sins to be forgiven, and now Jesus was supposed to remove that very same guilt. How ironic. The whole point of the cross and justification etc. is for christianity to exploit is own byproducts.

Speakin of Easter, if Cadbury Creme Eggs are a sin, I M GUIN 2 HA-IL!

I prefer the caramels, personally, but I like the way you think.

"I sat smugly in my seat, nodding my head and thinking how simple it really is to be free from the guilt of sin. And it doesn't require me closing my eyes or repeating any prayer."

You're right. Pastors have messages that are true, they just kind of make us think that there's only one way to be able to feel a certain way via "Repent and ask the Christian God for forgiveness"

But feeling free from Sin is no hard task. Once you realize that you'll always make mistakes, it's easy. All we can ever do in life is to do what we feel is right, knowing that we're gonna fall down, take steps back, and just know in our hearts that we are fully capable of standing right back up without the help of any higher power, and can make our way back up to where we were and continue on.

Some of us think of friends, Gods, etc for support and to have them as reasons for us to stand back up, but once you know that you're not going to be condemned for making mistakes, no matter what religion you belong to or don't belong to, you can start having a much happier life and not work so hard to please your faith or the people around you.

But the crux of his message was that in order to really feel free we must be released from the guilt of sin.

The trouble is, it rings empty when a pastor says it since they create the disease and then offer up a cure just like snake oil salesmen. And also like the salesmen, their cure doesn't work. Most xians are running around feeling guilty for their sin and don't feel very forgiven or any kind of release.