Goodbye Jesus

World's First Quantum Computer

Guest QuidEstCaritas?

But can you play solitaire on it when the boss isn't looking?

Talk about advanced AI! I see from the photo that it's already wearing a t-shirt. I would guess that the humor superposition of what's printed on the other side of the shirt is both funny and not funny until an observer actually reads the shirt, at which time it undergoes quantum superposition collapse into an either funny or not funny state.

I <3 Shrödinger's Cat.

But can you play solitaire on it when the boss isn't looking?

It will play solitaire for you while you're not looking... :HaHa:

Guest Net Eng

Interesting.

Since Qubits can hold multiple states (versus 2 in a typical binary computer) the software development tools must be as unique as the processor.

From this diagram on D-Wave's site LINK it looks like this technology will serve as a back end processor (which most "super computers" do today). Feed the quantum engine with a bunch of data and crunch the shit out of it.

One thing that seems lacking on D-Wave's site is how the processor is fed data from the front end. A data translation from 2 state to multi-state representation must take place and the result set then reversed and presented to the front end.

This is cool. It will be interesting to see what kind of applications NASA and others can do with this.