Goodbye Jesus

New Here

Guest nonreligiousbelieverinGod

Hi. I am a former church goer. I believe in God but the christian church is confusing and abusive. I have been to a number of churches. I understand that some or many of you are atheists and am not bothered by that. I have a long story but honestly I am not wanting to write it or relive it. I read the Bible sometimes now after a few years of not reading it but I am aware of how it was complied and very aware of what the activity of the churches is like.

Welcome, nonreligious! We are glad to have you. I think there are a few people here on the boards who feel the same way you do, and I would guess the vast majority of the others (okay, I'm making wild assumptions based on my own experience) have been where you are at some point, so you should definitely find some understanding folks. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Hello Nonreligous believer! Welcome to the forums :welcome:

I am a Buddhist :thanks:

Thanks for the welcome. I have thought of going to some interfaith groups but in my immediate area the churches like that are too "churchy" still. The bible is still the focus still.

The only way I would go is if it wasn't religious or condemning of people in general or nonchurchgoers

Hi there! I'm rather new here, too, and consider myself agnostic. You might want to try attending a Unitarian Universalist meeting sometime. I have not been to one myself, but I understand they are very open to diversity.

Hi. I am a former church goer. I believe in God but the christian church is confusing and abusive. I have been to a number of churches. I understand that some or many of you are atheists and am not bothered by that. I have a long story but honestly I am not wanting to write it or relive it. I read the Bible sometimes now after a few years of not reading it but I am aware of how it was complied and very aware of what the activity of the churches is like.

Hi and welcome! Our answer to the "Any Gods" question is very similar. I am not atheist, I still believe there is a God/higher entity/consciousness but not in religion! I feel religion is a totally man made phenomenon, only created to keep the mostly illiterate people of the past inline. I also think religion was a way people tried to explain natural phenomenon or hallucinations when they were drunk, high, etc.

I don't think I can't not believe there is something bigger than me around but isn't personally involved with us here on earth. I feel that I am more spiritual, some would say New Thought but New Thought has a lot of things that even I am skeptic about but hey I think we have the free will to believe or not believe in whatever we want as long as we are not fooling people in the process or leading them on like religion does. I don't believe in Heaven or Hell anymore but I do believe in an afterlife but what it is I don't know.