Goodbye Jesus

Religious Emails

Guest RATIONAL EYES

Guest RATIONAL EYES

Hey im new here,i know many of us were raised up in religious households so we have a family member or friend that constantly sends you emails and forwards like "you are being tested please send to 10 friends" and that kind of thing. These emails really annoy me and its sad ive had to put family members on my blocked senders list. Some people just dont think there is anything else outside of religious thinking. I am the only one in my family or anywhere around me that is no longer religious,it makes you feel like the oddball. Anyone else get alot of this kind of thing or have similar situations............just something annoying me lately............. :nono:

I used to deal with this with my in-laws, who constantly forwarded religious e-mails of this nature. Eventually I got tired of it and started sending replies to them. Needless to say they haven't forwarded anymore of them.

I too often REPLY TO ALL with some tidbit showing the fallacy of whatever dogma is being pushed, or with passages from the bible showing thier god to be a murdering bastard with a few comments of my own.

You know I almost want to get one of these infamous emails so I can dish out some clever response but I guess all my family and friends know better. :P

Yah, a few replies to all giving an alternative point of view dries these things right up. It's like a miracle :)

I hate those things. My grandma used to send them to me all the time. I just delete them. I'd confront her about it but she's 80 years old and pretty senile. She hasn't sent them to me in a really long time, so I guess she just gave up.

Guest RATIONAL EYES

I've considered replying to them but i doubt i will get anymore soon,Thanx to message rules and block senders lists......lol

• 2 weeks later...

Another thread finally goaded me to write a generic email response which I can use for just about any purpose other than keeping friends. It's particularly intended for religious chain emails. I've been meaning to do this for some time, but just haven't done it until now. If any of you would like to use it, please feel free to do so.

Here it is:

Dear friend/business associate/government representative:

Thank you for contacting us with your missive. We care about your communications! For your convenience, we are currently undergoing a serious retooling of our mainframe. Using punch cards has become too cumbersome, so, to keep up with the times, we are changing to a reel-to-reel magnetic tape memory storage system. We're very excited about this technological upgrade and are eagerly looking forward to all future exchanges with you. However, due to this mainframe changeover, your letter/email came through as scrambled coding. We did receive it, but were unable to read it. If you'd like for us to be able to read it, please resubmit your missive in FORTRAN.

Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you!

Hey im new here,i know many of us were raised up in religious households so we have a family member or friend that constantly sends you emails and forwards like "you are being tested please send to 10 friends" and that kind of thing. These emails really annoy me and its sad ive had to put family members on my blocked senders list. Some people just dont think there is anything else outside of religious thinking. I am the only one in my family or anywhere around me that is no longer religious,it makes you feel like the oddball. Anyone else get alot of this kind of thing or have similar situations............just something annoying me lately............. :nono:

I just usually ignore and delete said e-mails. No sense in wasting time responding.

I don't usually respond to them unless they attempt to use science but utterly fail.

I hate those things. My grandma used to send them to me all the time. I just delete them. I'd confront her about it but she's 80 years old and pretty senile. She hasn't sent them to me in a really long time, so I guess she just gave up.

WTF??? Your 80 yr old grandmother emails???? My parents are in their 60s and I can't get them on the internet for anything :ugh:

WTF??? Your 80 yr old grandmother emails???? My parents are in their 60s and I can't get them on the internet for anything :ugh:

Wait until they're fully retired. Bored old people are turning to the internet in droves.

My dad's only in his fifties and he wouldn't touch it... until he was realized it was 10 times more effective at keeping up on sports scores than TV and radio.

I used to get pissed and ignore them. Then I started getting pissed and replying.......that put an end to it but I kind of miss them since I really got into my replies.

I think my replies caused a "crisis of faith" with the senders and scared them....so they stopped sending them.

Got this gem today from my Fundy, bigoted uncle in Florida:

"President Barack Obama said in Turkey : "We do not consider ourselves a Christian nation or a Jewish nation or a Muslim nation. We consider ourselves a nation of citizens who are bound by ideals and a set of values."

I found this very interesting.

Do you know the Preamble for your state? . .

Be sure to read the message at the bottom!

Alabama 1901, Preamble

We the people of the State of Alabama , invoking the favor and guidance of Almighty God, do ordain and establish the following Constitution..

Alaska 1956, Preamble We, the people of Alaska , grateful to God and to those who founded our nation and pioneered this great land.

Arizona 1911, Preamble We, the people of the State of Arizona , grateful to Almighty God for our liberties, do ordain this Constitution...

Arkansas 1874, Preamble We, the people of the State of Arkansas , grateful to Almighty God for the privilege of choosing our own form of government...

California 1879, Preamble We, the People of the State of California , grateful to Almighty God for our freedom...

Colorado 1876, Preamble We, the people of Colorado , with profound reverence for the Supreme Ruler of Universe...

Connecticut 1818, Preamble. The People of Connecticut, acknowledging with gratitude the good Providence of God in permitting them to enjoy.

Delaware 1897, Preamble Through Divine Goodness all men have, by nature, the rights of worshipping and serving their Creator according to the dictates of their consciences....

Florida 1885, Preamble We, the people of the State of Florida , grateful to Almighty God for our constitutional liberty, establish this Constitution...

Georgia 1777, Preamble We, the people of Georgia , relying upon protection and guidance of Almighty God, do ordain and establish this Constitution...

Hawaii 1959, Preamble We , the people of Hawaii , Grateful for Divine Guidance ... Establish this Constitution..

Idaho 1889, Preamble We, the people of the State of Idaho , grateful to Almighty God for our freedom, to secure its blessings.

Illinois 1870, Preamble We, the people of the State of Illinois, grateful to Almighty God for the civil , political and religious liberty which He hath so long permitted us to enjoy and looking to Him for a blessing on our endeavors.

Indiana 1851, Preamble We, the People of the State of Indiana , grateful to Almighty God for the free exercise of the right to choose our form of government.

Iowa 1857, Preamble We, the People of the St ate of Iowa , grateful to the Supreme Being for the blessings hitherto enjoyed, and feeling our dependence on Him for a continuation of these blessings, establish this Constitution.

Kansas 1859, Preamble We, the people of Kansas , grateful to Almighty God for our civil and religious privileges establish this Constitution.

Kentucky 1891, Preamble.. We, the people of the Commonwealth are grateful to Almighty God for the civil, political and religious liberties..

Louisiana 1921, Preamble We, the people of the State of Louisiana , grateful to Almighty God for the civil, political and religious liberties we enjoy.

Maine 1820, Preamble We the People of Maine acknowledging with grateful hearts the goodness of the Sovereign Ruler of the Universe in affording us an opportunity .. And imploring His aid and direction.

Maryland 1776, Preamble We, the people of the state of Maryland , grateful to Almighty God for our civil and religious liberty...

Massachusetts 1780, Preamble We...the people of Massachusetts, acknowledging with grateful hearts, the goodness of the Great Legislator of the Universe In the course of His Providence, an opportunity and devoutly imploring His direction

Michigan 1908, Preamble. We, the people of the State of Michigan , grateful to Almighty God for the blessings of freedom, establish this Constitution.

Minnesota, 1857, Preamble We, the people of the State of Minnesota, grateful to God for our civil and religious liberty, and desiring to perpetuate its blessings:

Mississippi 1890, Preamble We, the people of Mississippi in convention assembled, grateful to Almighty God, and invoking His blessing on our work.

Missouri 1845, Preamble We, the people of Missouri , with profound reverence for the Supreme Ruler of the Universe, and grateful for His goodness . Establish this Constitution...

Montana 1889, Preamble. We, the people of Montana , grateful to Almighty God for the blessings of liberty establish this Constitution ..

Nebraska 1875, Preamble We, the people, grateful to Almighty God for our freedom . Establish this Constitution.

Nevada 1864, Preamble We the people of the State of Nevada , grateful to Almighty God for our freedom, establish this Constitution...

New Hampshire 1792, Part I. Art. I. Sec. V Every individual has a natural and unalienable right to worship God according to the dictates of his own conscience.

New Jersey 1844, Preamble We, the people of the State of New Jersey, grateful to Almighty God for civil and religious liberty which He hath so long permitted us to enjoy, and looking to Him for a blessing on our endeavors.

New Mexico 1911, Preamble We, the People of New Mexico, grateful to Almighty God for the blessings of liberty..

New York 1846, Preamble We, the people of the State of New York , grateful to Almighty God for our freedom, in order to secure its blessings.

North Carolina 1868, Preamble We the people of the State of North Carolina, grateful to Almighty God, the Sovereign Ruler of Nations, for our civil, political, and religious liberties, and acknowledging our dependence upon Him for the continuance of those...

North Dakota 1889, Preamble We , the people of North Dakota , grateful to Almighty God for the blessings of civil and religious liberty, do ordain...

Ohio 1852, Preamble We the people of the state of Ohio , grateful to Almighty God for our freedom, to secure its blessings and to promote our common.

Oklahoma 1907, Preamble Invoking the guidance of Almighty God, in order to secure and perpetuate the blessings of liberty, establish this

Oregon 1857, Bill of Rights, Article I Section 2. All men shall be secure in the Natural right, to worship Almighty God according to the dictates of their consciences

Pennsylvania 1776, Preamble We, the people of Pennsylvania, grateful to Almighty God for the blessings of civil and religious liberty, and humbly invoking His guidance....

Rhode Island 1842, Preamble. We the People of the State of Rhode Island grateful to Almighty God for the civil and religious liberty which He hath so long permitted us to enjoy, and looking to Him for a blessing...

South Carolina , 1778, Preamble We, the people of he State of South Carolina grateful to God for our liberties, do ordain and establish this Constitution.

South Dakota 1889, Preamble We, the people of South Dakota , grateful to Almighty God for our civil and religious liberties ...

Tennessee 1796, Art. XI..III. That all men have a natural and indefeasible right to worship Almighty God according to the dictates of their conscience...

Texas 1845, Preamble We the People of the Republic of Texas , acknowledging, with gratitude, the grace and beneficence of God.

Utah 1896, Preamble Grateful to Almighty God for life and liberty, we establish this Constitution.

Vermont 1777, Preamble Whereas all government ought to enable the individuals who compose it to enjoy their natural rights, and other blessings which the Author of Existence has bestowed on man ..

Virginia 1776, Bill of Rights, XVI Religion, or the Duty which we owe our Creator can be directed only by Reason and that it is the mutual duty of all to practice Christian Forbearance, Love and Charity towards each other

Washington 1889, Preamble We the People of the State of Washington, grateful to the Supreme Ruler of the Universe for our liberties, do ordain this Constitution

West Virginia 1872, Preamble Since through Divine Providence we enjoy the blessings of civil, political and religious liberty, we, the people of West Virginia reaffirm our faith in and constant reliance upon God ..

Wisconsin 1848, Preamble We, the people of Wisconsin, grateful to Almighty God for our freedom, domestic tranquility...

Wyoming 1890, Preamble We, the people of the State of Wyoming , grateful to God for our civil, political, and religious liberties, establish this Constitution...

After reviewing acknowledgments of God from all 50 state constitutions, one is faced with the prospect that maybe, the ACLU and the out-of-control federal courts are wrong! If you found this to be 'Food for thought' send to as many as you think will be enlightened as I hope you were.

(Please note that at no time is anyone told that they MUST worship God.)

GOD BLESS AMERICA"

I think most of our founding fathers would disagree as most of them were deists. Anyway, all these are state constitutions having nothing to do with the

federal level. Also, were do Fundys get the idea that Almighty God, Creator, etc. mentioned in the above always refer to the Buy-bull god?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RATIONAL EYES

wow that sucks all 50 states have a mention of god in thier preamble,i wasnt aware of this.

That email would have urked me,i havent gotten any lately thanx to blocking users hehehehehe

Got this gem today from my Fundy, bigoted uncle in Florida:

"President Barack Obama said in Turkey : "We do not consider ourselves a Christian nation or a Jewish nation or a Muslim nation. We consider ourselves a nation of citizens who are bound by ideals and a set of values."

I found this very interesting.

Do you know the Preamble for your state? . .

Be sure to read the message at the bottom!

Alabama 1901, Preamble

We the people of the State of Alabama , invoking the favor and guidance of Almighty God, do ordain and establish the following Constitution..

Alaska 1956, Preamble We, the people of Alaska , grateful to God and to those who founded our nation and pioneered this great land.

Arizona 1911, Preamble We, the people of the State of Arizona , grateful to Almighty God for our liberties, do ordain this Constitution...

Arkansas 1874, Preamble We, the people of the State of Arkansas , grateful to Almighty God for the privilege of choosing our own form of government...

California 1879, Preamble We, the People of the State of California , grateful to Almighty God for our freedom...

Colorado 1876, Preamble We, the people of Colorado , with profound reverence for the Supreme Ruler of Universe...

Connecticut 1818, Preamble. The People of Connecticut, acknowledging with gratitude the good Providence of God in permitting them to enjoy.

Delaware 1897, Preamble Through Divine Goodness all men have, by nature, the rights of worshipping and serving their Creator according to the dictates of their consciences....

Florida 1885, Preamble We, the people of the State of Florida , grateful to Almighty God for our constitutional liberty, establish this Constitution...

Georgia 1777, Preamble We, the people of Georgia , relying upon protection and guidance of Almighty God, do ordain and establish this Constitution...

Hawaii 1959, Preamble We , the people of Hawaii , Grateful for Divine Guidance ... Establish this Constitution..

Idaho 1889, Preamble We, the people of the State of Idaho , grateful to Almighty God for our freedom, to secure its blessings.

Illinois 1870, Preamble We, the people of the State of Illinois, grateful to Almighty God for the civil , political and religious liberty which He hath so long permitted us to enjoy and looking to Him for a blessing on our endeavors.

Indiana 1851, Preamble We, the People of the State of Indiana , grateful to Almighty God for the free exercise of the right to choose our form of government.

Iowa 1857, Preamble We, the People of the St ate of Iowa , grateful to the Supreme Being for the blessings hitherto enjoyed, and feeling our dependence on Him for a continuation of these blessings, establish this Constitution.

Kansas 1859, Preamble We, the people of Kansas , grateful to Almighty God for our civil and religious privileges establish this Constitution.

Kentucky 1891, Preamble.. We, the people of the Commonwealth are grateful to Almighty God for the civil, political and religious liberties..

Louisiana 1921, Preamble We, the people of the State of Louisiana , grateful to Almighty God for the civil, political and religious liberties we enjoy.

Maine 1820, Preamble We the People of Maine acknowledging with grateful hearts the goodness of the Sovereign Ruler of the Universe in affording us an opportunity .. And imploring His aid and direction.

Maryland 1776, Preamble We, the people of the state of Maryland , grateful to Almighty God for our civil and religious liberty...

Massachusetts 1780, Preamble We...the people of Massachusetts, acknowledging with grateful hearts, the goodness of the Great Legislator of the Universe In the course of His Providence, an opportunity and devoutly imploring His direction

Michigan 1908, Preamble. We, the people of the State of Michigan , grateful to Almighty God for the blessings of freedom, establish this Constitution.

Minnesota, 1857, Preamble We, the people of the State of Minnesota, grateful to God for our civil and religious liberty, and desiring to perpetuate its blessings:

Mississippi 1890, Preamble We, the people of Mississippi in convention assembled, grateful to Almighty God, and invoking His blessing on our work.

Missouri 1845, Preamble We, the people of Missouri , with profound reverence for the Supreme Ruler of the Universe, and grateful for His goodness . Establish this Constitution...

Montana 1889, Preamble. We, the people of Montana , grateful to Almighty God for the blessings of liberty establish this Constitution ..

Nebraska 1875, Preamble We, the people, grateful to Almighty God for our freedom . Establish this Constitution.

Nevada 1864, Preamble We the people of the State of Nevada , grateful to Almighty God for our freedom, establish this Constitution...

New Hampshire 1792, Part I. Art. I. Sec. V Every individual has a natural and unalienable right to worship God according to the dictates of his own conscience.

New Jersey 1844, Preamble We, the people of the State of New Jersey, grateful to Almighty God for civil and religious liberty which He hath so long permitted us to enjoy, and looking to Him for a blessing on our endeavors.

New Mexico 1911, Preamble We, the People of New Mexico, grateful to Almighty God for the blessings of liberty..

New York 1846, Preamble We, the people of the State of New York , grateful to Almighty God for our freedom, in order to secure its blessings.

North Carolina 1868, Preamble We the people of the State of North Carolina, grateful to Almighty God, the Sovereign Ruler of Nations, for our civil, political, and religious liberties, and acknowledging our dependence upon Him for the continuance of those...

North Dakota 1889, Preamble We , the people of North Dakota , grateful to Almighty God for the blessings of civil and religious liberty, do ordain...

Ohio 1852, Preamble We the people of the state of Ohio , grateful to Almighty God for our freedom, to secure its blessings and to promote our common.

Oklahoma 1907, Preamble Invoking the guidance of Almighty God, in order to secure and perpetuate the blessings of liberty, establish this

Oregon 1857, Bill of Rights, Article I Section 2. All men shall be secure in the Natural right, to worship Almighty God according to the dictates of their consciences

Pennsylvania 1776, Preamble We, the people of Pennsylvania, grateful to Almighty God for the blessings of civil and religious liberty, and humbly invoking His guidance....

Rhode Island 1842, Preamble. We the People of the State of Rhode Island grateful to Almighty God for the civil and religious liberty which He hath so long permitted us to enjoy, and looking to Him for a blessing...

South Carolina , 1778, Preamble We, the people of he State of South Carolina grateful to God for our liberties, do ordain and establish this Constitution.

South Dakota 1889, Preamble We, the people of South Dakota , grateful to Almighty God for our civil and religious liberties ...

Tennessee 1796, Art. XI..III. That all men have a natural and indefeasible right to worship Almighty God according to the dictates of their conscience...

Texas 1845, Preamble We the People of the Republic of Texas , acknowledging, with gratitude, the grace and beneficence of God.

Utah 1896, Preamble Grateful to Almighty God for life and liberty, we establish this Constitution.

Vermont 1777, Preamble Whereas all government ought to enable the individuals who compose it to enjoy their natural rights, and other blessings which the Author of Existence has bestowed on man ..

Virginia 1776, Bill of Rights, XVI Religion, or the Duty which we owe our Creator can be directed only by Reason and that it is the mutual duty of all to practice Christian Forbearance, Love and Charity towards each other

Washington 1889, Preamble We the People of the State of Washington, grateful to the Supreme Ruler of the Universe for our liberties, do ordain this Constitution

West Virginia 1872, Preamble Since through Divine Providence we enjoy the blessings of civil, political and religious liberty, we, the people of West Virginia reaffirm our faith in and constant reliance upon God ..

Wisconsin 1848, Preamble We, the people of Wisconsin, grateful to Almighty God for our freedom, domestic tranquility...

Wyoming 1890, Preamble We, the people of the State of Wyoming , grateful to God for our civil, political, and religious liberties, establish this Constitution...

After reviewing acknowledgments of God from all 50 state constitutions, one is faced with the prospect that maybe, the ACLU and the out-of-control federal courts are wrong! If you found this to be 'Food for thought' send to as many as you think will be enlightened as I hope you were.

(Please note that at no time is anyone told that they MUST worship God.)

GOD BLESS AMERICA"

I think most of our founding fathers would disagree as most of them were deists. Anyway, all these are state constitutions having nothing to do with the

federal level. Also, were do Fundys get the idea that Almighty God, Creator, etc. mentioned in the above always refer to the Buy-bull god?

Interesting fact and I never knew that. But really, what difference does it make? People use to believe the world was flat. People had all kinds if superstitions. Belief in a god was very common until recent times when science began uncovering the basis for things that were commonly held in superstition before. Besides, I would hope that people are not naive enough to think that the people who wrote these documents and helped found this country and our states were all perfect. The founding of this country was a very bloody process and to be honest, not much of it I would be proud of. Not saying I don't love this country, but I swear sometimes religious people revere the founders as if they were saints and all perfect. Please! :Wendywhatever:

Well, she can only do like two things on the computer and most of the time, she needs people to help her. She used to ask me to scan things for her using her scanner and every time I would do it, she'd be all amazed and ask me how I did that. So yeah, she knows a bit about technology, and that knowledge is probably not up to where it was before (for obvious reasons), but she can and does use the computer. My grandfather was very good with computers before he died, so maybe she picked up some stuff from him? I don't know.

I went back through the list and regrouped them (I have no life):

Maryland		1776, Preamble We, the people of the state of Maryland,	 grateful to Almighty God for our			  civil and religious liberty... 
South Dakota	1889, Preamble We, the people of			  South Dakota, grateful to Almighty God for our			  civil and religious liberties ... 
Pennsylvania	1776, Preamble We, the people of			  Pennsylvania, grateful to Almighty God for the blessings of civil and religious liberty, and humbly invoking His guidance.... 
North Dakota	1889, Preamble We, the people of			  North Dakota, grateful to Almighty God for the blessings of civil and religious liberty, do ordain... 
Rhode Island	1842, Preamble We  the People of the State of Rhode Island  grateful to Almighty God for the			  civil and religious liberty which He hath so long permitted us to enjoy, and looking to Him for a blessing... 
New Jersey	  1844, Preamble We, the people of the State of New Jersey,   grateful to Almighty God for				  civil and religious liberty which He hath so long permitted us to enjoy, and looking to Him for a blessing on our endeavors. 
Minnesota	   1857, Preamble We, the people of the State of Minnesota,	grateful to		  God for our			  civil and religious liberty, and desiring to perpetuate its blessings: 
Kansas		  1859, Preamble We, the people of			  Kansas,	   grateful to Almighty God for our			  civil and religious privileges establish this Constitution. 

New York		1846, Preamble We, the people of the State of New York,   grateful to Almighty God for our freedom, in order to secure its blessings. 
Ohio			1852, Preamble We  the people of the state of Ohio,	   grateful to Almighty God for our freedom,		  to secure its blessings and to promote our common. 
Idaho		   1889, Preamble We, the people of the State of Idaho,	  grateful to Almighty God for our freedom,		  to secure its blessings. 
Wisconsin	   1848, Preamble We, the people of Wisconsin,			   grateful to Almighty God for our freedom, domestic tranquility... 
Nevada		  1864, Preamble We  the people of the State of Nevada,	 grateful to Almighty God for our freedom, establish this Constitution... 
Nebraska		1875, Preamble We, the people,							grateful to Almighty God for our freedom. Establish this Constitution. 
California	  1879, Preamble We, the People of the State of California, grateful to Almighty God for our freedom... 

Montana		 1889, Preamble We, the people of Montana,	grateful to Almighty God for								the blessings of liberty  establish this Constitution ..
New Mexico	  1911, Preamble We, the People of New Mexico, grateful to Almighty God for								the blessings of liberty.. 
Oklahoma		1907, Preamble Invoking the guidance of				  Almighty God, in order to secure and perpetuate the blessings of liberty, establish this 

South Carolina  1778, Preamble We, the people of the State of South Carolina grateful to		  God					  for our liberties, do ordain and establish this Constitution. 
Arizona		 1911, Preamble We, the people of the State of Arizona,	   grateful to Almighty God					  for our liberties, do ordain this Constitution... 
Washington	  1889, Preamble We  the People of the State of Washington,	grateful to the Supreme Ruler of the Universe for our liberties, do ordain this Constitution 
Missouri		1845, Preamble We, the people of Missouri, with profound reverence for   the Supreme Ruler of the Universe, and grateful for His goodness. Establish this Constitution... 
Colorado		1876, Preamble We, the people of Colorado, with profound reverence for   the Supreme Ruler of	 Universe... 

Massachusetts   1780, Preamble We...the people of Massachusetts, acknowledging with grateful hearts, the goodness of the Great Legislator of the Universe In the course of His Providence, an opportunity	and devoutly imploring His		 direction  
Maine		   1820, Preamble We   the People of Maine		  acknowledging with grateful hearts  the goodness of the Sovereign Ruler  of the Universe in affording us				  an opportunity .. And		  imploring His aid and direction. 

New Hampshire   1792, Part  I. Art. I. Sec. V Every individual has a					  natural and unalienable  right  to worship		  God according to the dictates of his own conscience. 
Tennessee	   1796, Art. XI..III. That all men have			  a					  natural and indefeasible right  to worship Almighty God according to the dictates of their   conscience... 
Oregon		  1857, Bill of Rights, Article I Section 2. All men shall be secure in the Natural				  right, to worship Almighty God according to the dictates of their   consciences 
Delaware		1897, Preamble Through Divine Goodness	 all men have, by   nature, the rights of worshipping and serving their Creator		 according to the dictates of their   consciences.... 

Iowa			1857, Preamble We, the People of the State of Iowa,		  grateful to the Supreme Being for the blessings hitherto enjoyed,											and feeling	   our dependence on   Him for a continuation of these blessings, establish this Constitution. 
North Carolina  1868, Preamble We the people of the State of North Carolina, grateful to Almighty God, the Sovereign Ruler of Nations, for our civil, political, and religious liberties, and acknowledging our dependence upon Him for the continuance of those... 
Illinois		1870, Preamble We, the people of the State of Illinois,	  grateful to Almighty God								  for the civil, political  and religious liberty which He hath so long permitted us to enjoy and looking to Him for a blessing on our endeavors. 
West Virginia   1872, Preamble Since through Divine Providence we enjoy the blessings of													   civil, political  and religious liberty,  we, the people of West Virginia reaffirm our faith in and constant reliance upon God .. 
Wyoming		 1890, Preamble We, the people of the State of Wyoming,	   grateful to		  God								  for our civil, political, and religious liberties, establish this Constitution... 
Kentucky		1891, Preamble We, the people of the Commonwealth are		grateful to Almighty God								  for the civil, political  and religious liberties.. 
Louisiana	   1921, Preamble We, the people of the State of Louisiana,	 grateful to Almighty God								  for the civil, political  and religious liberties we enjoy. 

----------

Georgia		 1777, Preamble We, the people of Georgia,			  relying upon protection and guidance of Almighty God, do ordain and establish this		  Constitution... 
Alabama		 1901, Preamble We  the people of the State of Alabama, invoking the favor	  and guidance of Almighty God, do ordain and establish the following Constitution.. 

Connecticut	 1818, Preamble The People of Connecticut,			   acknowledging  with gratitude  the good Providence	   of God in permitting them to enjoy. 
Texas		   1845, Preamble We  the People of the Republic of Texas, acknowledging, with gratitude, the grace and beneficence of God. 

Indiana		 1851, Preamble We, the People of the State of Indiana,				grateful to Almighty God	  for the free exercise of the right to choose   our	 form of government. 
Arkansas		1874, Preamble We, the people of the State of Arkansas,			   grateful to Almighty God	  for the privilege	 of			  choosing our own form of government...

----------

Vermont		 1777, Preamble Whereas all government ought to enable the individuals who compose it to enjoy their natural rights, and other blessings which the Author of Existence has bestowed on man .. 

Florida		 1885, Preamble We, the people of the State of Florida,				grateful to Almighty God	  for our constitutional liberty,	establish this Constitution... 
Utah			1896, Preamble														Grateful to Almighty God	  for life and		   liberty, we establish this Constitution. 
Mississippi	 1890, Preamble We, the people of Mississippi in convention assembled, grateful to Almighty God, and invoking His blessing on our work. 
Michigan		1908, Preamble We, the people of the State of Michigan,			   grateful to Almighty God	  for the blessings of freedom, establish this Constitution. 
Alaska		  1956, Preamble We, the people of Alaska,							  grateful to		  God  and to those who founded our nation and pioneered this great land. 
Hawaii		  1959, Preamble We, the people of Hawaii,							  Grateful for Divine Guidance ...							Establish this Constitution.. 

Virginia		1776, Bill of Rights, XVI Religion, or the Duty which we owe our Creator can be directed only by Reason and that it is the mutual duty of all to practice Christian Forbearance, Love and Charity towards each other

From what I can tell most of the states simply copied the other states. Probably because no one had a clue how to write a constitution. So the ones at the top are the most obvious. The middle ones are probable and the bottom ones don't appear to match anything at all (or don't match enough to make a call).

I thought using the "code" tags would cause it to use scroll bars instead of forcing line wraps? It's best with a fixed font and columns preserved. I think enough comes through so everyone who is remotely interested (just me I imagine) can see what's going on.

mwc

• Super Moderator
From what I can tell most of the states simply copied the other states.

Maybe, but considering that it's Christian propaganda there's a possibility (probability?) that they're all just made up anyway - like all the famous "deathbed conversions" by atheists.

I'm too lazy to look it up or care . . .

Maybe, but considering that it's Christian propaganda there's a possibility (probability?) that they're all just made up anyway - like all the famous "deathbed conversions" by atheists.

I'm too lazy to look it up or care . . .

I looked up several. They were accurate. That's when I got bored and noticed some patterns and wound up grouping them.

mwc

Fortunately, I don't give my email address to the religious family members.

Then again, half of them don't know how to use the Internet, so....