the nurse's office because a vice principal suspected she might be

hiding extra-strength ibuprofen in her underwear. The U.S. Supreme

Court on Tuesday will hear her case. Its decision, the first to

address the issue of strip-searches in schools, will set legal limits,

if any, on the authority of school officials to search for drugs or

weapons on campus."

[editor's note: Strip-searching an honors

student ... on suspicion of hiding "extra-strength ibuprofen?" That's

gotta be the flimsiest excuse yet! - SAT] (04/19/09)

http://tinyurl.com/d92j6c

fucking GOOD.

Schools have gone WAY too fucking far in this "war on drugs". School administrators can break into my car anytime they like and if they find something they don't like I can get suspended. We can get drug tested now, and if we drive to school who cares if the parents don't consent to it? What fucktards. I hope every pot-phobic school administrator gets slapped in the face with an oar with this. If they get the right to strip-search us, well just about every single girl in the school will get expelled for bringing ibuprofen to school for menstrual cramps.

Oh, and in response to the editor: I quite agree. There is no excuse WHATSOFUCKINGEVER to humiliate a 13 year old girl like that, EVER. THAT IS CHILD MOLESTATION AND ABUSE AND EVERY ASSHOLE INVOLVED SHOULD BE THROWN IN PRISON AND FORCED TO REGISTER AS A SEX OFFENDER! THAT IS FUCKING RIDICULOUS!

Ibuprofen ? Now that's a new pedophile excuse. How did the others around at the time buy it ?

Ok seriously, if that was my daughter I would have gone down there and beat the living pulp out of that VP.

• Super Moderator

Are ibuprofen junkies a problem now?

The school personnel responsible should be prosecuted. There is no excuse for that behavior.

Additionally, this "zero tolerance" bullshit has to stop. Doesn't anyone have any fucking sense anymore?

Welcome to the nanny state. Big government and bueracracies will take care of you. We promise.

My kid can't even take tylenol in his backpack to school for a toothache. We have to take the bottle to school and count out how many is in the bottle for the nurse and then she gives it to our son when he needs it. I tell them it is stupid every time I have to take a bottle to school. What can you expect from a system that calls the cops when third graders run around pointing their fingers at each other playing cops and robbers? I think school officials are really retarded at times.

Alrighty. That anyone might ever use Ibuprofen to get high is news to me. :scratch:

I agree to those who hinted above that the real reason was not "Ibu" but "13-year-old girl *drool slobber drool*".

And no, the ones responsible must not be beaten. That's too quick. :vent:

WTF?

Since, when is simply possessing a legal drug such a big deal?

Even if she had pot, weapons, etc. still no reason for such humiliation and personal violation.

The child molesters most love this!

Whatever happened to common sense? Fuck the police state!

Welcome to the nanny state. Big government and bueracracies will take care of you. We promise.

The Nanny State poking it's nose into the public school system and student' lives isn't new. When I was nine a neighbor called the cops on me, and they sent a detective down to the school I was going to as this neighbor had told the cops that a ten year old friend and I were raping each other in the bushes at the apartment complex we lived in. These detectives asked me all these inappropriate questions like "Do you know what a blow job is?" ( I had no fucking idea as a nine year old of what they meant as in "blow job" ) and even made me put my hands into my pockets and take whatever I had out as to see if I had any weapons on me. It turned out this neighbor who called the police on me and my playmate had a problem with my playmate as he was the son of the landlord, and our landlord had made her get rid of her cat the month before because she was violating the owner's "no pets" policy. Still the cops would come around and check on me at home at times even though I hadn't done anything more than kiss my playmate on the cheek once. They acted like I was some kind of sex offender just because a boy and I decided to run through the bushes behind the apartment, scream like maniacs, and give each other a peck on the cheek. My mother and grandmother were livid as they were not told of this until after the detectives had came to the school, and my grandmother was told it was a "in loco parentis" thing and in this case the school didn't have to call the parents to ask permission for such a thing as having detective or cops interview children.

I'm hoping when I have kids I can home school them and teach them how flipping ridiculous the public school system is, and if they want to attend classes then I would rather put them into tutoring, or allow them to take a class at a community college, than go into the public school system.

fucking GOOD.

Schools have gone WAY too fucking far in this "war on drugs". School administrators can break into my car anytime they like and if they find something they don't like I can get suspended. We can get drug tested now, and if we drive to school who cares if the parents don't consent to it? What fucktards. I hope every pot-phobic school administrator gets slapped in the face with an oar with this. If they get the right to strip-search us, well just about every single girl in the school will get expelled for bringing ibuprofen to school for menstrual cramps.

Oh, and in response to the editor: I quite agree. There is no excuse WHATSOFUCKINGEVER to humiliate a 13 year old girl like that, EVER. THAT IS CHILD MOLESTATION AND ABUSE AND EVERY ASSHOLE INVOLVED SHOULD BE THROWN IN PRISON AND FORCED TO REGISTER AS A SEX OFFENDER! THAT IS FUCKING RIDICULOUS!

Totally agree. Everyone says "Why not give it to the school nurse?" In my old school, the school nurse had to be specifically called out, and they wouldn't do it unless it was an emergency (i.e. fainted or been sick)! Even if they had deigned to haul their arses and do their job, you still had to have a permission slip from your parents, which most people didn't know about. Naturally, half the time they would just send you home even then. Believe me, it was easier on everyone just to carry some ibuprofen around. Can you imagine if EVERY girl with period pains went to the school nurse? They'd soon change their tune.

Damn. I'm glad I graduated in 88. They didn't pull shit like this then.

Damn. I'm glad I graduated in 88. They didn't pull shit like this then.

What happened to me was in 1986, but later on when I was home schooled from seventh grade through twelfth grade ( from 1990 through 1996) that's when the schools started becoming more and more of a "New World Order". These days if I were a nine year old girl hanging out with a ten year old boy we would be both in juvenile hall and charged as sex offenders because of an innocent kiss on the cheek and for being rowdy ( even though we did this at home and not at school).

Maybe they got ibuprofen mixed with pseudophed.

There was another incident where a school official tore off a girls clothing, and claimed he was looking for the letters G P. Which he claimed were code for "gay pride".

His excuse was that he was just inocently trying to protect the students from secret lesban agents who might try to sneak in and trick a student into becoming a lesbian.

There was another incident where a school official tore off a girls clothing, and claimed he was looking for the letters G P. Which he claimed were code for "gay pride".

His excuse was that he was just inocently trying to protect the students from secret lesban agents who might try to sneak in and trick a student into becoming a lesbian.

Source ?

I'd like to know the source for that too... although I have no problem imagining that some rightard morontheist would do that kind of thing. Oh of course it's just by chance then that it happens only with pretty girls. I'm sure there's no secret agenda in it all. :Hmm: