Goodbye Jesus

So Now Disagreeing With Someone = Harassment?

Skeptic

There's this zoo in the UK called the Noah's Ark zoo where they basically try to pass of ID as science. Here's their website: http://www.noahsarkzoofarm.co.uk/pages/visiting/visiting.php. I heard about the "zoo" on Facebook and I sent them an email. Here it is:

Dear sir or madam:

I am writing to you because I have looked over your site and found

many mistakes with the evidence that you present in favor of

creationism. Here is a statement with which I find the most fault:

"The Darwinian view offers a different framework. It assumes that this

complexity accumulated gradually and accidentally, with each step

representing a miraculous combination of mutations along a path

extending all the way from bacteria to human beings. Bacteria

'somehow' became eukaryotes. Shellfish, sponges, arthropods, worms,

fish and numerous organisms that cannot be classified in relation to

anything else evolved from forms that, for some reason, failed to show

up in the fossil record. Fish 'somehow' acquired legs and lungs and

left the water, and so on. Paradoxically, this naturalistic view

requires more faith, in the sense of willingness to believe, than the

biblical view."

I noticed that you use words like "chance", "accident", "somehow", and

"miraculously" quite frequently when describing evolution. No

scientist, even Darwin himself, ever said that organisms evolved

accidentally or by chance. There is an inherent order to the process

and, I assure you, it happened quite purposely. Evolution needs no

faith in order to "believe" in it. It is a scientific fact that is

supported by the scientific community. It might not be perfect as it

is now, but it is the best model we have to explain the origin of life

on earth. I noticed that in your explanation of creationism, you

failed to mention that there is no empirical evidence for God's

existence. No one knows who created God, if he even exists, and

evolution is much more statistically likely to have happened than your

model of creationism. I suggest that you do more research on evolution

before debunking it and teaching children your model as scientific

fact.

Today, I got an email from a police officer in the UK (not sure if this is a hoax or not, BTW) saying that there were allegations of harassment against the zoo and that my name came up. WTH??? So I sent him an email back saying that I'm not harassing them, I put the above email in the response, and I explained that I'm from the US and probably couldn't and wouldn't do anything to harass them physically or otherwise. This is just so unbelievably crazy. When I sent them that email, the only response I got back was that they were going to forward it to someone else who worked there, then I get this email from a cop in the UK about it. I had forgotten all about it! Seriously, is there anything that could be considered harassment in any way in that email? Sure, I said that they should do more research, and it could be taken in a harsh way, but it didn't say that I was going to beat them up or anything, and I'm not. I'm just dumbfounded. Wow.

Okay, after thinking about it some more, I'm thinking that maybe they actually were harassed and police involvement was warranted. I don't know if that's true or not, but perhaps it is. But then why would they mention me as having any connection to it? I'm still confused.

Unless Interpol or the FBI shows up on your doorstep, you will probably never know the chronology of events behind this obvious lunacy.

Maybe in the UK they have some constitutional protection against being disagreed with?

I just got an email from the officer saying that my response to his email was very useful in his investigation and that I'm not a suspect of any offense. That was pretty bizarre. I had just woken up and I see this email about how I might've harassed someone. Weird.

Guest Net Eng
We don’t know exactly, because we were not there. But the conception, gestation and birth of a human baby and the processes whereby seeds turn into plants, caterpillars into butterflies, eggs into chicks, don't look like things that came about by chance. Intricate design points to a designer, life requires a life-giver, and the information in every cell needs an intelligence to put it there. They point to an awesome Power.

Link

Bolding mine

Based on their site I would have to say that anything that cannot be explained must have been done by a higher power!!?? :beg:

These guys are nothing more than a thinly veiled xian front to push creationism (with cute animals to pet).

I find it strange that the police would email you. If they wanted to talk to you bad enough they'd petition your ISP for info about you... or perhaps they really are that clueless.

Guest nonreligiousbelieverinGod

They were probably threatened and they complied any email or letters they received into a list of suspects. I think that is pretty terrible however for you for just expressing your view. I hope you are okay.

I just got an email from the officer saying that my response to his email was very useful in his investigation and that I'm not a suspect of any offense. That was pretty bizarre. I had just woken up and I see this email about how I might've harassed someone. Weird.

I would suspect it was more to do with the Noah's Ark people than the police. The police have to investigate harassment claims. I'm betting the Noah's Ark lot have had quite a lot of e-mails like yours, and so they've decided that they're suffering from "Christian persecution" and have decided to tell the police they're being harassed. I would bet that the police will drop the matter entirely, and give the Noah's Ark people a telling-off for wasting police time.

I would suspect it was more to do with the Noah's Ark people than the police. The police have to investigate harassment claims. I'm betting the Noah's Ark lot have had quite a lot of e-mails like yours, and so they've decided that they're suffering from "Christian persecution" and have decided to tell the police they're being harassed. I would bet that the police will drop the matter entirely, and give the Noah's Ark people a telling-off for wasting police time.

Yeah, that's what I gathered from the situation. There was a group on Facebook called Sink the Ark that I wasn't a part of and they were trying to contact the British and Irish Association of Zoos and Aquariums to tell them that the zoo was creation-based. So, yes, it's essentially "xian persecution". From what others have told the officer, though, I think he knows that none of us meant any harm and that I wasn't involved in the Sink the Ark thing, so I'm not worried about it anymore.