Goodbye Jesus

Trying To Decide On A Major

Neon Genesis

I was going to apply to college recently but they won't accept me for the next year unless I decide on a major first. The problem is I can't decide on one. I just have no clue what I want to do with my life. Even when I look through this list of majors that they offer, I can't make a decision: http://www.chattanoogastate.edu/Academic_Affairs/acprog.asp When I'm faced with choosing, I just can't decide because I feel like I'm deciding my future here and I have to make what I feel like is the right choice. I tried speaking to an adviser at the college but she didn't really help any and was completely worthless at helping. Does anyone have any suggestions?

A list of your hobbies and interests would help :)

Is there anything that you get excited about, that you would like to understand more of?

I would suggest picking something which doesn't have very many requirements (usually Arts and Sciences ones fit this description), declare it and figure you'll probably switch after a few semesters.

Here's a brief assessment which might help narrow things down a little bit.

• Super Moderator

A major in Business can be helpful in a lot of jobs.

Don't forget, you can always switch majors once you are there.

So you don't really have to decide your future today - you just have to jump through one hoop today!

English, Political Science, Business, and History can be used in so many areas.

Are you going in as a freshman? If so, at this point it doesn't freakin' matter. Just pick anything that sounds halfway cool.

Or are you a transfer student from a 2-year college going in as a junior? If that's the case, we'll have to put a little more thought into it.

Now tell us, what are you into? And what kind of income/job prospects are you hoping to have once you graduate?

Neon, how much time do you have to decide? The time window will determine as to what little exercises you can do to figure yourself out.

I have until May 18th to register.