Goodbye Jesus

Poor Child

Guest Wellington

Guest Wellington

Friends of ours, not close just our kids are classmates and friends and we as a family are considered nice people (only because we don't profess our non faith). So my child 10y "a" and friend "k" 10y get out of school together every day. "k"'s mother spills a teary eyed story about "k", who's as we know has spent the last 3 years in and out of hospitals for organ replacement due to cancer.

"k"'s mom stated that "k" was diagnose to be free and clear of cancer, but now little "k" is harboring anger toward JESUS! "k" rants about why? Why would Jesus let me suffer while so many children are not ill, what have I done to make Jesus forget about me and punish me.

So my wife says ,well what can you say? You could have die too and you still are not out of the woods yet kid. So what can you say to give comfort to a tormented child.

I told my wife that "k" was a tough kid, to physically survived the cancer was special in its self and then survive the transplant even greater. But all that may not help her survive the needless mental torment from religion.

I think ten is awful young to be tormented by such thoughts. I wonder who is behind it. If this kid really has come up with these thoughts all of his/her own, I think we are looking at a future exChristian--either that or a fanatic.

In 2003 I was diagnosed and underwent treatment for stage III ovarian cancer. Of course it was "gawd", as y'all say, who cured me--not the skilled doctors and nurses who took care of me. In 2005 when I first began doubting xtiany and god, I pushed that doubt away because, in my fuzzy way of thinking, I was afraid the cancer would come back if I denied god. So if I had trouble dealing with that crap as a 41 year old adult, I can only imagine the torture this poor kid is going through.

I remember I felt the same way as a xtian kid being angry at Jesus ( but my situation was because of sexual abuse), but people told me I was harboring the devil with my anger, and such anger would cause cancer and/or other physical problems. I feel sorry for this kid as he has to put up with the same crap as I did being told "But God is only testing you!"