Goodbye Jesus

Should I Be Worrying About America Now?

willybilly30

This friend who listens to a guy named Alex Jones says America is going to break down it's economy will never recover, unemployment getting worse and the government is corrupt.

I don't know...I been hearing stuff like this for as long as I can remember...I'd say I hear it every year.

I just am skeptical of a doomsday I see no sign of America ending it's still here, as for unemployment and economy name a time that didn't happen, and government is corrupt isn't really new news.

This reminds me to much of people who preach the world is going to end and It never does so you finally get to the point where you think yea, right.

I look out my window it's a beautiful sunny day, people are working on the road so obviously jobs still exist, and no one is running down the road screaming "We all gonna die the world is ending!"

I don't know I just always figured it wouldn't be pretty outside and people would be running scared if the world ended.

My friend says I should move to Canada where it has a better economy and When America dies everyone will run up there so I should get a head start.

Why is he the only one saying this? funny no one in this towns gone there yet that I know of.

You ever seen Garfield and Friends where Roy the duck is running around yelling "it's a catastrophe whoa as me whoa as everybody!" and all the other animals are like what the fuck?

So, should I think of my friend as Roy or should I be worried too?

I am a doomsday skeptic I guess the right term would be...Like a skeptic might say"I don't believe in God cause I don't see a god, hear a god or see any evidence what so ever"

I don't see anything saying America will go under...but like a skeptic I welcome any evidence proving me wrong.

So, what do you think?

WB..

"Shit Happens", "Everything Eventually Changes".

Be over prepared to take care of yourself in any event best you can. Set aside goods, food and meds for times of none.

Having a gun, knife, flashlight, can opener, clean clothing may now put you on DHS' "Badguy List". So fucking what?

Dynamics of history show nothing lasts forever. We have to do with what we were dealt.

Don't sweat shit that the folks who are looking for "signs and wonders" spout. They GOTTA have emergencies and disasters to fulfill their life of teaching(s).

Learn to take care of yourself when things aren't as easy to thrive and survive. Not too late NOW to start setting aside some extra, learn to eat and drink less, store away things you may need in times of no_delivery_trucks_from_city, and in turn simplify even more.

Shit's gonna happen even if we has a perfect anarcho-self actuated no one in charge form of self reliance happening.

Boy Scout manual to practice out of, a good folding knife, head straight on shoulders great start to being able to ignore the bullshit trying to swamp your ears...

Until *they* have the stones to come and round you up for the Camps, its all paper and talk..

kFL

This friend who listens to a guy named Alex Jones says America is going to break down it's economy will never recover, unemployment getting worse and the government is corrupt.

Wiki knows all.

I look out my window it's a beautiful sunny day, people are working on the road so obviously jobs still exist, and no one is running down the road screaming "We all gonna die the world is ending!"

Maybe you should give it a try. I hear it's incredibly cathartic. :grin:

• Super Moderator

Alex Jones is a nut job.

Regardless, there always have been, and always will be good times and bad. Always be prepared for the worst just in case.

Wikipedia says he wants to build a waco memorial to the Davidians . It makes me think he might be wacko

So long as some order is kept, America will be fine. We grow enough food to feed the nation, so there won't be famine. We have great disease control etc.

Rational people can survive any hardships with patience and ingenuity. It's the extremists who can't deal with new paradigms and say the end is near.

Alex Jones is a wing nut, conspiracy theorist. He makes his living shouting "the sky is falling" on radio and film, and he will continue to do so as long as there are enough gullible people like your friend who will listen to him. Ignore him.

-WizenedSage

I had a feeling Alex was that way everything my friend said sounded like it. It's easy for him to find gullible people...I think you can put any crazy shit on the internet and somebody will believe it.

Wikipedia says he wants to build a waco memorial to the Davidians . It makes me think he might be wacko

That would be because he IS a fucking whack-job. Listen--------we are still nowhere near what happened in 1929, and we survived that and came out of it just fine. We'll pull out of this mess too. It will just take time.

I had a feeling Alex was that way everything my friend said sounded like it. It's easy for him to find gullible people...I think you can put any crazy shit on the internet and somebody will believe it.

It's not just the internet. How many assholes out there will buy tabloid newspapers at the supermarket and take that drivel seriously? How many will watch Fox News and actually think they got anything "fair and balanced"? The world is dripping with credulity, and the U.S. is simply no exception to that rule.

I think so too...throughout history ever crises has been worked through.

That would be because he IS a fucking whack-job. Listen--------we are still nowhere near what happened in 1929, and we survived that and came out of it just fine. We'll pull out of this mess too. It will just take time.

In my opinion, seeing businesses closing and company' tightening up' is good signs. America is just flattening back out to what it should be. People are overextended, and first (if anyone remembers), it fell on the consumer with the Bankruptcy Laws changing. Now, there is no get out of jail free card for people to overextend, bankrupt, reestablish, etc. Then the credit companies are being forced to tighten the ropes as well. So, (hence why I am currently unemployed), major financial backers for the borrowing corporations are falling back, protecting themselves, causing large corporations to shut down.

Then you still have the situation with people tightening up on an individual scale, which is causing the middle-men, so to speak, from large to small to shut down. Whoever isn't doing any business because of the crunch is shutting down, if they were already on the edge. The strong will survive. But, As the rest have said, America is strong, and will bounce back; well,.. as long as we don't keep printing out more money :wink:

IMO there's nothing wrong with preparing as long as you don't get overly freaked out about the latest news articles. Remember, the media makes money from scaring people. Doom and gloom is what they preach. If you find it getting to you, you might want to find some other way of getting your news, or living without it - really in our society, unless you live under a rock, you are going to hear of happenings in normal conversation anyway. Meditation also helps to calm oneself down.

Yea. they do and Alex is one of them. I think people know doom and gloom is what gets people attracted and glued to the tv screen.

From what I see on this topic their is not any reason to be freaked out yet.

IMO there's nothing wrong with preparing as long as you don't get overly freaked out about the latest news articles. Remember, the media makes money from scaring people. Doom and gloom is what they preach. If you find it getting to you, you might want to find some other way of getting your news, or living without it - really in our society, unless you live under a rock, you are going to hear of happenings in normal conversation anyway. Meditation also helps to calm oneself down.

I guess if that happens you just have to survive the best you can till it gets better.

I might add, even during the horiffic times of the 1930's, there were people who actually got rich...YES...really...there were people who got rich. Hard times are not the end of the world. I do think we will see about a doubling of unemployement from what we have now. Even if it does...guess what....that means there will still be 80%+ people still employed. There will be people go bankrupt and lose homes...but guess what...that happens even in good times too. It simply means you have to readjust your priorities and plans. It means taking extra precautions for the storm. It does not mean all is lost...NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Yea. they do and Alex is one of them. I think people know doom and gloom is what gets people attracted and glued to the tv screen.

From what I see on this topic their is not any reason to be freaked out yet.

You might want to ignore this guy then. Well not entirely, sometimes you can read between the lines, but only if you read both liberal and conservative sources of information. If you read only one side, you get brainwashed by that side's views.