Goodbye Jesus

IS IT FINISHED OR NOT?

Checkmate

You really don't understand Jesus, His love and what He did or you. I see no amount of arguing or pleading is going to change your mind.

No, I'm not going to change my mind, but I'm still trying to understand. From what the Bible says, "it is finished" the debt of humanity sin(s) has been paid with Jesus's sacrifice. Does this mean that anybody who died had no hope at all of going to heaven before Jesus came?

And if Jesus paid the debt, does this mean we're all saved...that's it? Nothing left to do?

Or from what I thought you meant in your post was, "You're given salvation, but you have to work to keep it or you can lose it." Is this right?

if Jesus was a myth, Heaven, hell and so on.

Wrong. We won't know THEN. We know NOW. That they are fake. We know WHERE those christian stories originated from, and we know that every single christian story, symbol, and character, is COPIED from even older myths.

Therefore, christianity is false. We don't need to wait to know that. We can enjoy our lives without fear. Because we know.

I'm not claiming I have the whole truth about the universe. What I do have, however, is the knowledge that christianity doesn't have that truth either.

You really don't understand Jesus, His love and what He did or you. I see no amount of arguing or pleading is going to change your mind.

How are we supposed to believe in something if we can't even understand it?

There is one fact that is certain: Death.

True.

What lies beyond you have yet to discover.

So do you.

It won't matter if I have been wrong, will it? That is if I believe as you do. I'll die and that's that.

It doesn't matter that you,re wrong, except that you're wasting your life and you're trying to pull others into your wrongness

Hopefully there will be no surprises for you, like a certain Person greeting you when you step out of the shell of your body,

You're right. There won't be any.

Oh, and our body isn't a shell. It's who we are. That's a fact: everything that goes on in our minds takes place in our brain. Our memories, our emotions... and our beliefs.

Hopefully there won't be a certain Allah greeting you after your death. Boy, what a surprise that would be!

Only death will proof which of us is right.

Wrong. In this life, we can study and go back to the origins of your myths. We can see how they were created, and what they are based on. THIS is proof that you are wrong.

I don't have a "belief" about death. It's the absence of a belief because there are no reasons to think otherwise, and all the facts point to it.

However, unlike you if there are facts that show me something different from what I thought, I'll accept them and modify my way of thinking accordingly. I don't cling to wrongness like you do.

There is one fact that is certain: Death. What lies beyond you have yet to discover. It won't matter if I have been wrong, will it? That is if I believe as you do. I'll die and that's that.

Hopefully there will be no surprises for you, like a certain Person greeting you when you step out of the shell of your body,

"Some myth ay Nick?"

Only death will proof which of us is right. The Muslems, the Hindus, The Jews, The atheists...

Amy.

There is the difference between you and us. We aren't willing to believe for the sake of "fire insurance".

And I wouldn't want anything to do with a deity that wanted me to think that way anyhow.

can you please stick to the points. you made an analogy and white raven and i refuted it. instead of responding to our arguments, you once again dodge the issue by rebutting with "You really don't understand Jesus".

Apparently you dont understand your own analogy and the scriptures that you used. We understand it perfectly.

Bump.

C'mon, Amy Marie. Answer a question. Refute our position. Do something other than run away with your eyes closed claiming "Jesus loves me! He loves you, too. You just don't understand! You'll see the proof in the end!"

This has got to be the Absolute WORST Defense of Christianity I've ever seen on these boards. How pathetically sad. I just hope all the lurking fence sitters can see this.

• 2 weeks later...

Only death will proof which of us is right. The Muslems, the Hindus, The Jews, The atheists...

The ironic thing is you know xianity to be true just as a Hindu knows Hinduism to be true.

Maybe you should go cry some more about it.

:HaHa::HaHa::HaHa::HappyCry:

Dude I so almost shit myself.

I think 1 Tim 4:10 says it all:

For therefore * * we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

This implies that everyone, regardless of faith, have been saved. It's just extra icing on the cake to be Christian, but the salvation is done beyond which Religion you subscribe to.

Amy-Marie, you say this again and again and again.

Either go away, discuss the points you’ve been presented with or admit you are having trouble with your faith.

In case you hadn’t noticed, the thrust of this argument is about the concept of original sin.

One of the reasons I have problem with Christianity is this.

Original Sin – what is it? It is the sin of Eve.

So before I could do anything more that poop my nappy and gurgle I was guilty of a crime that would have meant my death. This was the punishment God wanted. A crime, mind you, that I didn’t even commit.

Well, No! God can bite himself.

If some fat lard-ass from somewhere comes to my house and wants me dead for some crime my great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great,etc, Grandmother did, then they’d put him in an insane asylum.

I am not guilty of original sin. Jesus did not die for me. I did nothing wrong. End of story.

Maybe you’re right Amy-Marie, Maybe there is a God who will do exactly as it says in the Bible, but so what? It doesn’t make it right, in fact, it makes it very, very, very wrong.

For this reason alone I refuse to worship this barbarian you call God (and the threats will just terrify me, not make me love or respect him).

Sparrow

The hereditary sin was gone already in the OT. Eze 18:20

The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Jesus never had to break the magic spell of original sin.