Goodbye Jesus

Persecuting Christians Has Pitifully Come Down To This...

quicksand

Back in the day when we non-Christians wanted to persecute Christians we had all sorts of inventive torture techniques like beheading, nailing one to a cross, or feeding one to a famished lion or two to really make things interesting.

Unfortunately for us today, all we have left are little Christian girls to persecute over dress codes. "I feel I am being persecuted for being a Christian" informs Dyker Neyland, the mother of a 11 year who wore her shirt untucked to school to protect her modesty. This was a minor violation of dress code policy. Why? It is how Neyland interpreted the Bible of course.

I have to roll my eyes over this story. Of course, let the girl wear her shirt untucked if that's what her religion dictates. This issue should have never been in front a school board hearing to resolve in the first place. Completely unnecessary.

Despite the hassle, the mother just could not resist offering the threat above all other threats in her defense. "There will be a day of reckoning" she warns, adding that "you will have to answer to God." Really? God is going to make the school board...what? Roast in Hell for all-eternity over a dress code conflict? You mean to tell me, that the big mafia sky boss – the creator of everything, gives a damn if one's shirt is tucked in? Many believers, it seems, wield around God like he's some kind of blunt instrument.

On one hand they'll happily pray to God for your welfare. And on the other hand, they are all too eager to invoke God's Holy Wrath™ for every perceived, or real, challenge to their beliefs.

Some Christians are so pathetic. This is as nauseating as it is insulting.

(Source***)

***Read the story. It contains all sorts of delicious ironies.

(Reposted from my blog.)

• Super Moderator

I saw the picture, and it occurs to me that some unique brand of Christian interpretation may not be the real reason.

Most fat people like to wear loose, flowing, oversize clothing, thinking it disguises their size. It looks like it might be shame, rather than modesty that's behind this charge of "persecution."

I am familiar with this phenomenon because I used to be fat. Fat people run in my family (though not very fast!).

She argues that her daughter should not have to tuck in her shirt…

…because of a Bible verse, 1 Timothy 2:9, which dictates that "women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with propriety and moderation, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly clothing."

Yet, she says this:

Neyland said she was raised Baptist in Louisiana but does not attend church regularly since she cannot afford to buy a nice dress.

Huh???

Look a little further down in the article. The mother refuses to go to Church "because she can't afford a nice dress". What an idiot! Go to a charity shop, or a second-hand store. Why does the dress have to be nice, anyway? Is the Church doubling as a fashion runway?

Not having her shirt tucked really isn't hiding anything.

"I don't want her behind showing," Neyland said. "I don't want her body being exposed" is what she says but I can see that mothers boobs and I doubt the behind is hiding,

This verse " 1 Timothy 2:9, which dictates that "women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with propriety and moderation, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly clothing." says nothing about shirts being tucked in.

Why do christians wear pearls and costly clothing lol I see it all; the time.

She should go to public school they allow all kinds of crazy styles

"I don't want her behind showing," Neyland said. "I don't want her body being exposed."

I guess it's burka time bitch. And stop buying your daughter ass-less chaps sweats.

mwc

Look a little further down in the article. The mother refuses to go to Church "because she can't afford a nice dress". What an idiot! Go to a charity shop, or a second-hand store. Why does the dress have to be nice, anyway? Is the Church doubling as a fashion runway?

Yes. Especially in the South, women in church DO in fact care what you wear and go there to show off how well off and "upstanding" they are.

What I found odd was that most other Christians *require* their kids to tuck their shirts in, because leaving it untucked is immodest. Every Christian school around here requires that, anyway.

:Hmm:

• Super Moderator
What I found odd was that most other Christians *require* their kids to tuck their shirts in, because leaving it untucked is immodest. Every Christian school around here requires that, anyway.

That's what I'm saying. Religion card played to further an entirely different agenda. Happens all the time.

Oh sweet untucked shirt Jesus.... that article is a riot!

Doesn't want her daughters butt a shining. I think the mother is insecure about her own godly ass a showin. Come on girl, turn that other cheek. :lmao:

:Hmm:

That's how you could always tell the Christian dorks at my old high school. Shirts tucked in, with the neatly parted Ralph Reed haircuts. As far as guys went. Telltale signs for girls was full t-shirt coverage in the warm months, plain hair pulled back in a pony tail without any hair product, and no make-up.

Doesn't want her daughters butt a shining. I think the mother is insecure about her own godly ass a showin. Come on girl, turn that other cheek. :lmao:

This little butt of mine,

I'm going to let it shine!

I'm going to let it shine,

Ev'ry day, ev'ry day,

Ev'ry day, ev'ry day,

Gonna let my little butt shine!

:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Yes. Especially in the South, women in church DO in fact care what you wear and go there to show off how well off and "upstanding" they are.

Oh yes. So true. If you were not dressed in a certain manner you would get a talking to after service. Found that out the hard way when I wore knee length shorts to service. Apperntly shorts were inappropriate to worship or appear before god in.....or so I was told after.

I'm going to let it shine,

Ev'ry day, ev'ry day,

Ev'ry day, ev'ry day,

Gonna let my little butt shine!

:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

That's the spirit! TUCK EM... TUCK EM ALL TO HELL! :fdevil: