Goodbye Jesus

Pantheism And My Kitten Who Fell From The Sky!

Guest goodfaith

Guest goodfaith

I have always felt most spiritual in nature or when I am taking care of something or someone...more connected.

When I left my last church I felt really lost, maybe because church is so much part of everyday culture in the US South, maybe because I was disillusioned, maybe just because I burned out at one too many unpleasant experiences.

Anyway, the universe responded to the gap in my psyche quite beautifully when a cat gave birth in the tree outside and the surviving kitten needed handrearing.

I put her story here http://cometkitten.wordpress.com/

She has really helped me get over the depression which had taken hold when I gave up church and wondered what my 'higher purpose' is or even if there is one...even my work which I love was not enough, it needed a real living thing to need care and love to restore my sense of balance in the universe!

What a beautiful story and sweet, sweet pictures!!! I'd take Comet over church any day!!! Thank you for sharing with us. :)

• Super Moderator

I love cats! Well, all animals, really.

Cats that fall from the sky always land on their feet. At least nine times in a row. Watch out for that tenth time!

Guest goodfaith

Thanks, I think it's taught me again there are always creatures- and people- to love and care for- and that's what matters not anything about superstition or competition!

:wub:

That is one cute kittie! Thanks for posting the story. What a privilege to be able to save this precious baby.

I don't know what I would do if I couldn't care for plants and animals. I have three aquariums, a cat and plants.

Um... I don't think that is quite Pantheism: http://www.pantheism.net/ While I like it and have no problems with it what so ever, I think Dawkins said it well- it's sexed up atheism.

However, kitties are very precious. I have three. :D