Goodbye Jesus

Proposed 'christian' License Plates In Florida May Spark Lawsuit

Mriana

I think I'm going to be sick. g020.gif Hopefully the AU wins this one too, like the suit in NC was won. I would hate to see that on vacationers' cars.

http://www.au.org/site/News2?abbr=pr&p...le&id=10417 (link to pic within text)

• Super Moderator

GODDAMMIT!!!! ANOTHER STUPID FLORIDA STORY!!!!!!!!!!

Why can't some other state pick up the slack for awhile?

But the article got me thinking - an Atheist plate should be constitutional. Boy, would THAT piss 'em off!

Guest Net Eng

But the article got me thinking - an Atheist plate should be constitutional. Boy, would THAT piss 'em off!

South Carolina to the rescue!!

The Governor signed it last June.

South Carolina Christian License Plates Law.

South Carolina General Assembly

117th Session, 2007-2008

(R316, S1329)

AN ACT TO AMEND CHAPTER 3, TITLE 56, CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, RELATING TO MOTOR VEHICLE REGISTRATION AND LICENSING BY ADDING ARTICLE 101 SO AS TO PROVIDE FOR THE ISSUANCE OF "I BELIEVE" SPECIAL LICENSE PLATES AND PROVIDE THE CIRCUMSTANCES UNDER WHICH THESE LICENSE PLATES MAY BE ISSUED.

Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of South Carolina:

"I Believe" special license plate

SECTION 1. Chapter 3, Title 56 of the 1976 Code is amended by adding:

"Article 101

'I Believe' Special License Plates

Section 56-3-10110. The Department of Motor Vehicles may issue 'I Believe' special motor vehicle license plates to owners of private motor vehicles registered in their names. The plate must contain the words 'I Believe' and a cross superimposed on a stained glass window. The biennial fee for this special license plate is the same as the fee provided in Article 5, Chapter 3 of this title. The guidelines for the production of this special license plate must meet the requirements contained in Section 56-3-8100."

Time effective

SECTION 2. This act takes effect upon approval by the Governor.

• Super Moderator

Ahhhh, thank doG. Another state full of ignoramuses.

I feel a little better.

When are we going to get a Flying Spaghetti Monster license plate?

• Super Moderator

Now Florida really is Paradise . . .

Forget the Atheist plates. I want one that says "Fuck Jesus".

That'll never happen. Fuck is a swear word. :(

• Super Moderator
Fuck is a swear word.

So is the word "Jesus" when used properly.

Fuck is a swear word.

So is the word "Jesus" when used properly.

Yeah, but I'm willing to bet Jesus isn't banned from license plate use. Go figure.

Or maybe he's just expressing how he wants to love jesus?

mwc

Or maybe he's just expressing how he wants to love jesus?

mwc

For some time, I've wanted to have some small bumper stickers made that say, "(The nice ones use lube.)" Then, when I see a vehicle in some parking lot with a particular bumper sticker that's always irritated me deeply, I can add mine, so that it looks like this:

Real men love Jesus! (The nice ones use lube.)

For some time, I've wanted to have some small bumper stickers made that say, "(The nice ones use lube.)" Then, when I see a vehicle in some parking lot with a particular bumper sticker that's always irritated me deeply, I can add mine, so that it looks like this:

Real men love Jesus! (The nice ones use lube.)

How dare you imply that jesus is a bottom! He is the ultimate power top and would gladly give a reach around to boot.

mwc

Actually, one of the DOZENS of plates you can get in SC is one that says "In Reason We Trust" with an American flag. See it here:

http://www.scdmvonline.com/DMVNew/PlateGallery.aspx?q=All

You have to scroll down to the S's because it's under Secular Humanists of the Low Country

I laughed out loud reading that... I'm Canadian so this sort of thing is rare here, thank goodness.

Now... what part of the body of Christ is Florida? Let's ask Homer Simpson.

"Florida? But that's America's wang!"

'Nuff said.

My sympathies to the majority of people living in Florida who have more than two brain cells to rub together and have to deal with this sort of thing.

Your atheist plate idea got me thinking, what about a counter-campaign by an atheist group indignant that Christianity should be favoured over other faiths and non-faiths. We should get a plate too, they would say,and then present their design proposal -- a plate that looks exactly like the state's current, religion-free design. But the joke might go over their heads.

Guest emdashpoet
I think I'm going to be sick. g020.gif Hopefully the AU wins this one too, like the suit in NC was won. I would hate to see that on vacationers' cars.

http://www.au.org/site/News2?abbr=pr&p...le&id=10417 (link to pic within text)

Yeah, that's my state. It does kinda make me vomit. My only consolation is my license place- the John Lennon "Imagine" plate (www.imagineplate.com) They may have their "In God we trust" plates, but at least I can "Imagine no religion"

Your atheist plate idea got me thinking, what about a counter-campaign by an atheist group indignant that Christianity should be favoured over other faiths and non-faiths. We should get a plate too, they would say,and then present their design proposal -- a plate that looks exactly like the state's current, religion-free design. But the joke might go over their heads.

Unfortunately, it would also get your car vandalized by the good Gawd fearing Christians here. The only good thing is that anyone who wants one of these horrors, they will have to pay extra for it. It bugs me no end to see the snow birds from Indiana coming here with their "In God We Trust" shit plates on their cars.