Goodbye Jesus

A Css Issue

Seeker630

OK I posted a message in here someplace but I can't find it now. Here is the scenario---------I am the divorced father of three daughters. One of them was a high school cheerleader for the football team at the school she went to--a public school. My divorce was final in September of 1994. In the school years 1996-1998, she was taken to Mass at a Catholic church by the coach of the cheer-leading squad. I am posting an email to me from her after I asked her about this. I was at my former marital home alone with her before she married my Catholic SIL prior to her wedding, at which point she revealed to me that this had happened while I was separated from her and her sisters. I was taken aback at the time she told me this, but didn't press it at the time. As the result of a thread in here, I sent her an email asking her what the hell the deal was with all that and this is what she sent me back----------edited to hide her identity and location of the school district----------

"hey dad-

it was when i was a cheerleader in high school- my junior and senior years (1996-97, 1997-98) during football season on Varsity team....the Varsity Football coach (really catholic) made it a thing for the boys to go on game day Fridays to the 6am mass at St. Joe's downtown Schmucksville. It was not mandatory for the boys (John told me this- he played football). For us, our coach made it sound mandatory to support the football team, but I don't think anything would have happened if you didn't show. I think it was a standard mass b/c there was always communion, and there were non-football local Schmucksville residents scattered in the back pews too. Mom knew, but I honestly just saw it as part of the whole Cheerleading thing- we wore our uniforms and had to cheer at 7am at the school on game day fridays after those masses. It was going on before i was on the team, and I'm sure after, may still be going on if the same guy is coaching., but again not mandatory. It was before school hours. it didn't convert any of us non-catholics, and most of us caught up on extra sleep...."

So I see this as a clear CSS violation. I am seriously considering sending a letter to that school board to see if this shit is still ongoing, and put a stop to it. Oh and the EX never said a fucking word to me about it. I was not the custodial parent.

Thoughts anyone? Should I pursue this after 13 years? Or just let it go?

If it were something ongoing, I'd pursue it. But since it's 13 years old I don't think you have a chance, to be honest.

OK I posted a message in here someplace but I can't find it now. Here is the scenario---------I am the divorced father of three daughters. One of them was a high school cheerleader for the football team at the school she went to--a public school. My divorce was final in September of 1994. In the school years 1996-1998, she was taken to Mass at a Catholic church by the coach of the cheer-leading squad. I am posting an email to me from her after I asked her about this. I was at my former marital home alone with her before she married my Catholic SIL prior to her wedding, at which point she revealed to me that this had happened while I was separated from her and her sisters. I was taken aback at the time she told me this, but didn't press it at the time. As the result of a thread in here, I sent her an email asking her what the hell the deal was with all that and this is what she sent me back----------edited to hide her identity and location of the school district----------

"hey dad-

it was when i was a cheerleader in high school- my junior and senior years (1996-97, 1997-98) during football season on Varsity team....the Varsity Football coach (really catholic) made it a thing for the boys to go on game day Fridays to the 6am mass at St. Joe's downtown Schmucksville. It was not mandatory for the boys (John told me this- he played football). For us, our coach made it sound mandatory to support the football team, but I don't think anything would have happened if you didn't show. I think it was a standard mass b/c there was always communion, and there were non-football local Schmucksville residents scattered in the back pews too. Mom knew, but I honestly just saw it as part of the whole Cheerleading thing- we wore our uniforms and had to cheer at 7am at the school on game day fridays after those masses. It was going on before i was on the team, and I'm sure after, may still be going on if the same guy is coaching., but again not mandatory. It was before school hours. it didn't convert any of us non-catholics, and most of us caught up on extra sleep...."

So I see this as a clear CSS violation. I am seriously considering sending a letter to that school board to see if this shit is still ongoing, and put a stop to it. Oh and the EX never said a fucking word to me about it. I was not the custodial parent.

Thoughts anyone? Should I pursue this after 13 years? Or just let it go?

Hmm, sort of a sticky situation. --Is there a way for you to discover if this mass-attendance thing is still going on without seeming like a stalker?

I mean, unfortunately, I think it's too late for the incident with your child/children. If you intend to pursue this it will have to be driven by present day occurances. Let us know what you decide to do.

Update------------

I sent an email to Americans United telling them what I wrote in the OP here. Today they replied and indeed there is nothing they can do now due to the age of the incidents in question. I never had any illusions that they would because of that very fact. I just thought it might help others at the school who might be encountering it now. Anyway, they said that even had I found out about it when it was going on, as the non-custodial parent I would not have had standing to file an action. They did say that if I knew of any parents today who are having the same situation with their kids that they could indeed intervene.

I don't even live in the same state anymore, and I certainly don't know anyone there with high school kids in that district any more. I may still email them just to see if they will admit to the practice if it's still ongoing.