Goodbye Jesus

Back to School

Ro-bear

Well, my lovely summer vacation is over, but I made the most of it. Couldn't last forever. Wouldn't be so sweet if it did. I was actually excited to see my colleagues again; I miss them in the summer. I miss teaching, too. I have seventy or so new teenage friends. So where is the rant?

Well...they put the traveling teacher in my classroom during my planning period. I have no access to my classroom, computer, files, or closet during my planning period. They have to put him somewhere. That's cool, but I've hosted him for four straight years. The Spanish teacher was supposed to host him this term, but she begged the principal. She needed her computer, files, and closet during her planning period. *sigh*

Oh, well, I like Brad, and his students only stole a few things from me last year.

There are 37 students in my senior college-placement class. My classroom has thirty desks.

"We'll get you some more desks, Rob."

Maybe I can put them where my computer and file cabinets are at present. :scratch:

The good news is that I like the class. They have responded positively to everything we've done so far. I'm going to love teaching them.

My weekends will be spent grading.

Oh my...this looks SO much like whining. I can deal with it, of course. After two months off, I'm chock-full of energy and enthusiasm. I just wish people would kiss me after they ummm....never mind.

Ro-Bear...

I must admit I laughed through your whole post.... ;) Same whining..different school. I go back next Monday and I will also hear the whine from the teacher who doesn't get the privacy they need for prep.

Your whining is justified, sir. If I found out that I couldn't access my office that has been turned over to someone else, and yet I was expected to finish my work anyway......well, I'd probably do more than whine. tehe....

I'm glad you enjoyed your summer and made the most of it. Let's compare notes at Christmas break and Spring break and then before we know it......it will be June again!

Have a wonderful school year.

Tap

Not a teacher..but do work for the school district..

First day with kids will be Monday..and I still have no computer ..well, I should say, I do have a computer..sitting in a box under my desk which they won't let me touch.. :shrug:

More to follow..off to work!