Goodbye Jesus

Noah had dinosaurs on his ark

TexasFreethinker

Wait... That argument was so bad, that there can only be one explanation!

*pulls the rubber face off of "Spamandham"*

Look everyone!  It's TV's Jason Gastrich!

Hey! I was just having a bit of fun, and you took it to this level??!!! :grin:

I know... I know...

I just couldn't resist! :HaHa:

Kent has one of the best explanation for how the earth could have been flooded, accounting for the fact there is not enough water on the earth to inudate it completely.

He says the surface of the earth was completely flat. ? I always have to wonder a couple things. How flat is flat? Even driving through the southern waste lands of Illinios (or Iowa ugh)- which is pretty flat, there are plenty of of little kettles and moraines. But where the hell did Mt Arafat come from? Did a whole mountain float to its present position?

Ridiculous.

Well, see Xtains used to belive the earth was flat because the bible said so.....

Well, see Xtains used to belive the earth was flat because the bible said so.....

But completely flat without unbroken permutation? :twitch: I mean, if we take the "flat earth" as allegorical, you still have to account for the curvature of the earth, so again, when Kent states flat - what does he mean?

Maybe the earth was flat like a sheet of paper, and then god got pissed off, in a never before recorded atrocity, and crumpled it up into a ball.  ;)

LOL.

OR flat like......

herman_munster.jpg

OR flat like......

herman_munster.jpg

Hovind's senior picture.

If the earth was flat and there was a flood ... how did the waves know when to stop and turn around?

Wouldn't a flat earth make for difficult orbits of the other planets? They could still orbit but it just wouldn't be pretty.

PR

To be fair, I think Hovind is saying that the surface was level, as in a propetual Kansas around the globe.

Of course, this is utterly retarded, as the Bible literally says that the flood waters covered the highest mountains.

To be fair, I think Hovind is saying that the surface was level, as in a propetual Kansas around the globe.

Of course, this is utterly retarded, as the Bible literally says that the flood waters covered the highest mountains.

Yeah I know. But he likes to play word games, so I am just playing along with him.

Ah, gotcha.

If anyone deserves to have his words twisted, it's Hovind. I think I'd like to see someone actually do that to him for a change. Take everything he says out of context and see how he likes it.

Ah, gotcha.

If anyone deserves to have his words twisted, it's Hovind.  I think I'd like to see someone actually do that to him for a change.  Take everything he says out of context and see how he likes it.

So true. You listen to him long enough, you get how he does it. It's like listening to right wing radio or getting the daily talking points, ie misdirection and irrelevance.

Oh, yes. The flood. I got into a discussion about it with my roomie, and he didn't really say much about the whole "fish unable to live in mixed water" or "plants unable to survive" argument, but kept stubbornly arguing that it had to happen because it was in the bloody book. After I said it was most likely a localized flood that was blown out of proportion, he kind of...shut up. Not that he admitted defeat, he just stopped arguing with me.

He also thinks Jonah's whale problem is possible because a large mammal back then could have been alive, that isn't now, that was capable of swallowing a human being without accidently digesting them or chewing them. Because God may have created one solely for the purpose of suckin' down Jonah like plankton (sp?). (Plankington? That's a street. Almost wrote that down.) It was craziness. And when I said that was ridiculous, he accused me of being irrational of not believing in Santa Claus and his mythical mammals.

...and he didn't really say much about the whole "fish unable to live in mixed water" or "plants unable to survive" argument, but kept stubbornly arguing that it had to happen because it was in the bloody book.

Because God may have created one solely for the purpose of suckin' down Jonah like plankton (sp?).

And when I said that was ridiculous, he accused me of being irrational of not believing in Santa Claus and his mythical mammals.

Occaisionally, Christians say just things for they just need to be slapped, because no amount of reason will do.

Speaking of which, I'm now on my way to go see what stupidity TJR just typed....