Goodbye Jesus

One Year Anniversary!

jdog

Hey just checking in to say hi to all.

It is a year since joining ex-c. And it was shortly after that I left christianity. I came here filled with doubt and a little confusion, I was almost on the brink of going a bit loopy, and basically coming here helped me tremendously. I was treated well and welcomed. And questions that I had were answered in a way that has tested the time of one year and I still have peace about.

I have led a very non relgious, agnostic year. I have leant closer to atheism, I would say, but there is still something within me that says 'what if' which I am sure is a common thought.

But it has been a freeing, relaxing, several months and I have been alot happier with things.

The interesting thing is I have been in therapy, not over the religious crisis I was in, but for general anxiety and depression problems that I have had on and off for years, and I have been receiving help for personal issues, childhood and teen abuse etc, addiction, which I now believe may have been the reason why I got into christianity in the first place. But I have an awesome therapist, and I am taking meds and I am doing alright.

Anyhow I still visit Ex-c though I don't log in that much. But it is great to still read articles and the posts by all you very cool free thinking people.

Thanks everyone.

Peace

• Super Moderator

Happy Anniversary, and I'm glad you're doing well.

Stop in the old neighborhood anytime.

Congrats on your 1-year!!

It's so good to hear that you're doing well. I am also a big fan of counseling and meds. Don't know how I ever made it without them!

Happy Anniversery.....no idea when mine is because I joined up two or three forums boards before this one was set up.

Happy anniversary! On this milestone in your journey, you might want to stop and ask yourself, wwtsd, or "What would the squirrel do?"

Happy anniversary! On this milestone in your journey, you might want to stop and ask yourself, wwtsd, or "What would the squirrel do?"

WWTSD? Definitely inhale, and then pass the pipe around.

Cute little stoner squirrel :lol: