Goodbye Jesus

Annoying Fundy Cube Mate

Amethyst

My cubemate at work saw this headline before I did, and remarked something like "Score one for the Lutherans." I said "Um, that depends on why." And he proceeded to tell me. I said, "That's bigotry." He said, "No."

I said "Yeah, it is. Is it a sin to be born with dark skin?"

He said no.

I said, "Is it a sin to be born female?"

He said no.

I said, "It's been proven scientifically that homosexuality is genetic. Discriminating against them is the same thing."

He said no, it's not.

I said, "If you're brainwashed to believe the sky is green, does that make the sky green?"

Eventually he agreed that it did not, but he refused to believe that he was brainwashed to be bigoted.

I am so tired of dealing with these bigoted fundies.

:ugh:

This guy continues to annoy the hell out of you, Amethyst. I think if you ever want to descirbe what hell will be like to him, just tell him it's being stuck in the same damned office with him!

Thanks for standing up to doofuses like this. It reminds me that there are good, decent, normal folks out there.

:)

Hell for me would be having to spend eternity with a bunch of typically ignorant, bigoted, arrogant fundies.

Hell for me would be having to spend eternity with a bunch of typically ignorant, bigoted, arrogant fundies.

Amen to that!

Yep...hells lookin better and better. :grin:

Well, before I met my cube mate, hell would've been stuffing envelopes for all of eternity, with a hyper-critical boss leaning over my shoulder and breathing down my neck. Now it's doing that and sharing a cubicle with fundy guy preaching at me the whole time, while I'm stuffing envelopes and the boss is breathing down my neck.

Well, somehow we started debating again because we were on the subject of genetics. So I asked him, if there was a book that said that people with dark skin were evil, would that make that book right?

He said no.

I asked him, well how do you know that the other book is right?

His entire argument was that there were some gay people who claim to have been made straight!

I asked him, did it ever occur to you that maybe they were still gay but just trying to fit in so people like you wouldn't hate them?

He was like, really? :Doh:

I said yeah.

We then debated for a few more minutes. He was like, "Well maybe I should go get that genetics test then."

I almost cracked up at that point. See, this is what makes me think he's a closet case. But he might not be. I don't know. I don't care either way and told him so.

I think that maybe I did finally get through to him, though.

:woohoo:

Interesting... you managed to make him think. :3:

Interesting... you managed to make him think.

If only for a second or two. I wonder how long it'll last.

If only for a second or two.  I wonder how long it'll last.

If he's in the closet, true logical and rational thought will elude him until he admits who is is and resolves it in real historical time, not in his imagination.

Well, before I met my cube mate, hell would've been stuffing envelopes for all of eternity, with a hyper-critical boss leaning over my shoulder and breathing down my neck.  Now it's doing that and sharing a cubicle with fundy guy preaching at me the whole time, while I'm stuffing envelopes and the boss is breathing down my neck.

:lmao:

hahahahahahaha

Amethyst, I hope you won't mind but I've merged your two topics.

Congratulations on your success with your fundy cube mate, even if it's short lived!

One hour at a time...

We then debated for a few more minutes.  He was like, "Well maybe I should go get that genetics test then." 

wha..............WHAT???? All that arguing and then he so much as admits that he has doubts about his own sexual orientation????

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HAAAAAAAAAAA.....oh man, that is hilarious! Oh my dog that is rich....

wha..............WHAT???? All that arguing and then he so much as admits that he has doubts about his own sexual orientation????

I suspect that's why he argued so much about it in the first place. How does that quote go, something like he who protests the most is guiltiest?

I suspect that's why he argued so much about it in the first place.  How does that quote go, something like he who protests the most is guiltiest?

Totally. Amen. Preach it. Seen it waaaaaaaaay too many times.

I suspect that's why he argued so much about it in the first place.  How does that quote go, something like he who protests the most is guiltiest?

Hamlet: "Me thinks the lady doth protest too much." :grin:

Your's is a funny story with a great twist Amethyst. I can't wait for the ending.