Goodbye Jesus

Focus On The Family Should Lose Its 501c3 Status!

Creepy Doll

Once again today, FOTF interviewed someone who outright endorsed the Republican party. How on earth can a "ministry" under the blanket of 501C3 tax exemption maintain that tax exempt status while endorsing a specific political party? The activist organization I belong to is a 501C4, which means donations are not tax deductible, and that is because we endorse specific candidates and organizations like Stonewall Democrats.

Who's minding the store?

Curious. There was a law passed last year her in Virginia that allowed churches and ministries to endorse a political candidate. Could Colorado have such a law as well?

No one is going to take it away because once they do, Focus on the Family is going to cry out "Suppression of Free Speech!"

Guest QuidEstCaritas?
No one is going to take it away because once they do, Focus on the Family is going to cry out "Suppression of Free Speech!"

Nah, no one is going to take it away because we don't live in America anymore where rules like that would be enforced if the US Constitution was the rule of law.

"Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of Religion"

Evidently it's somehow ok for state legislatures to do that though, so I am sure the people involved have "good" excuses.

Then again, come to think of it, Focus on the Family is spread throughout many many areas so I guess it's a Federal concern. I guess the Feds are too busy sleeping at the wheel and catering to the wishes of the corporate whores in Congress, they certainly where for the last 8 years and that aspect doesn't seem to be changing really. As a matter of fact the FBI recently experienced a tremendous growth and now they have field offices all over the world for the first time in our country's history, you know in order to fight "terrorism".

But didn't Jesus say Christians were supposed to render taxes unto Caesar?

Sure. But Jesus DIDN'T say they couldn't ask Caesar if it was OK to NOT pay the tax. ;)

Sure. But Jesus DIDN'T say they couldn't ask Caesar if it was OK to NOT pay the tax. ;)

Yeah, but it also doesn't give them the right to whinge about it if Caesar says no. :grin:

They're taking Ye Olde Medieval approach - Jesus = Caesar.

Yeah, but it also doesn't give them the right to whinge about it if Caesar says no. :grin:

"Then again, Jesus said a lot of thing."

I agree with ya CreepyDoll.

Dobson is getting desperate now that they don't have the platform they had for the last 8 years under Bush. He still has plenty of power and money so I think some of this is a front to try and get more of the core base riled up to do crazy things and empty more of their pockets. I mean, they are grasping at anything that could even provide a spitball worth of ammo in hopes it will set people off. Same old bs as usual from him.