Goodbye Jesus

Include this verse on the cover of the Bible

Poonis

I was thinking last night; if I could put one verse from within the Christian Bible on the cover of it underneath the printing of the word 'BIBLE', I would have to put 2 Thess. 2:11:

For example:

-----------------

BIBLE

And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie

-2 Thess. 2:11

-----------------

Can anyone else think of another good one that would be as influential as this?

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

Well Christian's always through out how they have so much faith because they just trust their hearts. Here is one I found interesting

Proverbs 28:26 from NKJV

"He who trusts in his own heart is a fool"

Well Christian's always through out how they have so much faith because they just trust their hearts. Here is one I found interesting

If Jesus returns can I drive the first 3 nails???

From The Books of Bokonon, inside the cover of Book 1

"Don't be a fool! Close this book at once! It is nothing but foma!"

Bok 1:1 All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies.

Guest Winchester Slate

They should use this quote from the book of Revelation:

0:9 And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey. 10 And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.

Proof that Revelation was written while on a drug binge?

I thought of another warning that should be on the Bible: "Harmful if swallowed."

Reminds me of Mark 16:17-18:

"And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well."

Let us not forget the other proverbs passages:

PRO 26:4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

PRO 26:5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

26:5 Especially applies t the fundies I would say.....

Jeremiah 8:8

How can you say, 'We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us'? But, behold, the false pen of the scribes has made it into a lie.

(R.S.V.)

And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey. 10 And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.

And I went to the friendly spook and said unto him, Give me the glorious little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and fucking eat it up, Brother; and it shall make thy belly feel like shit, but it shall be in they mouth sweet as fucking honey: and as soon as I had fucking eaten the glorious little book, my belly felt like shit, sure enough. Glory!