Goodbye Jesus

Hello From New Person

Guest Django

Guest Django

I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I'm very glad to find this site of ex-christians. My username is pronounced 'Jango' for Django Rheinhardt the French gypsy jazz guitarist from the 30's and 40's.

I have a long story too but don't really care to talk about all the bullshit my wife, son and I went through for many years because of christianity. Started out in charismatic christianity after the hippie days and then it took years to get deprogrammed from those experiences. I can debate believers fairly well in their so-called 'truth' if I care too. I usually just decline to do so. Life is too short to debate pure fictional stories. I'm not a believer, non-believer, atheist, etc., I'm just a nothing. No labels. Like that old biker cliche 'No Club - Lone Wolf'.

I love humor and having fun. It is the best way to get through life. I've been in computers, acting, stand-up comedy, writing and comedy writing. I love about all forms of music.

Django :grin:

Welcome to Ex-C Django :welcome:

I have learned the wisdom of having no labels. I like humor and having fun too. Its great. I look forward to more of your posts.

Guest dragonfly310
I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I'm very glad to find this site of ex-christians. My username is pronounced 'Jango' for Django Rheinhardt the French gypsy jazz guitarist from the 30's and 40's.

I have a long story too but don't really care to talk about all the bullshit my wife, son and I went through for many years because of christianity. Started out in charismatic christianity after the hippie days and then it took years to get deprogrammed from those experiences. I can debate believers fairly well in their so-called 'truth' if I care too. I usually just decline to do so. Life is too short to debate pure fictional stories. I'm not a believer, non-believer, atheist, etc., I'm just a nothing. No labels. Like that old biker cliche 'No Club - Lone Wolf'.

I love humor and having fun. It is the best way to get through life. I've been in computers, acting, stand-up comedy, writing and comedy writing. I love about all forms of music.

Welcome to Ex-C, Django. I'm starting to see myself heading to your way of thinking. No labels, no nothing. Just me. I smiled when I read that part. Thank you for typing it. :grin:

Welcome to the forums, Django.

If he could become, with missing fingers, the spectacular guitarist he was, I guess the rest of us can make our own music without use of the christian appendages.

• Super Moderator

Welcome, Django.

Amazing what you can do with two fingers!

Hi Django - welcome to Ex-C!

Guest Django

Thanks everyone for the welcome. Glad there are other Django fans on here too. I love his music from back then and yes with two fingers it is quite amazing. I struggle with my four. I'm also an old Jimi and Robert Fripp fan.

I'm glad others liked my 'no label' comment. By saying that I'm acknowleding there is no religion. I thiink it was Sam Harris who was saying that he's not religious or an atheist or an agnostic or anything. The great thing is that since religion is fiction then all this crap be it evil, the devil, the good, sin, etc., is all fiction. Yes, there are people who do evil things but I believe it is caused by religion and the manipulation of people's minds. A lot more on this later.

I hope I'll be able to help others with my views on religion, brainwashing, post traumatic shock disorder, putting guilt on us and other things which have so programmed people.

I really believe that religion was and is a brilliant 'tool' for deceiving people, programming them and keeping them in bondage. We just have to learn to reverse that control.

Isn't it great to be free? Free from the bullshit that was forced down us starting as kids then through our growing years. I want to stand up and say like Howard Beale in 'Network':

Howard Beale: I want you to get up right now, sit up, go to your windows, open them and stick your head out and yell - 'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!' And then add: "Yell and say I am free damn you. I have always been free. I am never going to take your crap again! Kill me if you want - but I am free!"