Goodbye Jesus

hate longmeadow. hate it.

Java

Well it was mostly alright, except for the very last delivery...

Longmeadow Drive, used to be nice, now a lot of Section 8 and the management just doesn't try to keep the place nice, doesn't put in any money towards renovations or repairs or anything. Total crapshoot for tips.

Go to XXX Longmeadow, down a long dark sidewalk... uh, wait. Stopped at the road and watched as the guy flickered the lights, then keeps them OFF. Stay exactly there. Guy does it again. Call out, "Keep the light ON k?" Finally he does. Walk over in the halflight. normally I park my car so that I can have my highbeams on the area, but... >.<

guy pays exact change. closes door. TURNS OFF LIGHT. Fuck, fuckity fuck fuck fuck...

slowly walk back. guy walks across and towards me. FUCK my keys are in my pocket, I can't hit the alarm... and whaddya know, pops out something enough resembling a gun, go click, cartridege go out, he pop it back in, pull back hammet "Gimme all yo' fuckin' money." Full ghetto accent, 'course kid has on baseball cap and fucking goggles, kinda killed the image.....

hand over money, KNOWING that XXX longmeadow was part of the plot. empty other pocket, ruffle bag, walk away..

drive around to other side of block, call store, call cops, cops arrive in <2 minutes. tell cops story.

Was only nineteen dollars take (twenty-eight, in the unbelievable possibility that the orderer wasn't in on it)

anxiety attack is mostly over now... I think me and the Captain have a nice long night together planned...

'Taint'a no amount of cash worth your life or well being.

Pleased the sonofabitch was happy taking your dinero and leaving you alone after..

Fuck the theiving assholes who have to take the slight amount of cash a young lady has on her person..

Sorry day for him Java.. Turnaround is gonna be a bitch..

kL

That sucks...

Glad your ok and all you lost was money.

Sorry to hear you had such a crappy night. Not the best of neighborhoods. Be safe and watch out for yourself over there.

Geez, that sucks. I am glad you're still here though.

Someone told me baboons spend maybe 3 hours of their day doing something productive and the other 21 driving each other crazy. I'm glad the baboon-like humans that jumped you took nothing more than money. I hope you're feeling better now, java, and that they nail the bastards. I hope your employer does something to help reduce the likelihood of further incidents like this for any of the delivery people.

Jesus. I've never been mugged ever. Never been robbed but used to beat up plenty of times in high school, which was a nice remote semi-rural school west of Milwaukee. However, man, I don't know what to say. Watch your ass and if you can, dammit, get another job!

That really sucks.

I don't know if I would have handed him the money or if I would have gotten behind something and fired a few warning shots to scare the mugger off.

I delivered pizza for three years and somehow was never robbed. I agree the guy you delivered to was in on it. He probably flicked the lights to signal the mugger. And I'm sure he's wondering why they only got $19 total even though there's a pizza box in his house that has "Drivers carry less than $20" printed on it in several places.