Goodbye Jesus

" Government Motors "

nivek

governmentmotors.jpg

Available here.

kL

I.. really want to buy one of those. :HaHa:

Maybe we can aspire to the quality of a Lada!

supposedly Pravda had an editorial attacking the US for not having learned the hard earned (through the death of millions) lessons that Russians have about the stupidity of Marxism.

When did the world do a 180? this is nuts. I'm not sure anymore that we won the cold war......

supposedly Pravda had an editorial attacking the US for not having learned the hard earned (through the death of millions) lessons that Russians have about the stupidity of Marxism.

Here's the article. 180 degrees, indeed.

It used to be big corporations like General Motors controlled the government; now the tables are turned. Naturally, we should expect no less once we realize the division between General Motors and the U.S. government has always been a little blurred.

Soviet Marxism? You gotta be kidding....

As from what I have heard, the government pretty much is going to take a hands off approach to the whole thing and let GM go down the same road that got it into this mess. They are going to continue to make cars that are going to break down within a couple of years; I have no sympathy to the American car makers that design their cars just to do that.

Marxism itself did not kill those people, it was the power hungry leader(s) that did. Granted, Marxism tends not to work when dealing with a large country.

As from what I have heard, the government pretty much is going to take a hands off approach to the whole thing and let GM go down the same road that got it into this mess. They are going to continue to make cars that are going to break down within a couple of years; I have no sympathy to the American car makers that design their cars just to do that.

The idea that the government could possibly even have any clue how to be hands off is laughable.

Plus, let's pretend they are hands off....GM executives are still going to be looking over their shoulders at what the government might think.

I cannot imagine senators and reps keeping their hands off of GM.

Didn't the president claim loudly that he didn't want the government to be in the car buisness? So um, why is the government in the car buisness again? Either he is a fucking liar or he has no control over his government. Nothing forced the governemnt to dump billions into GM.

Obama? A fucking liar?

It’s not bad lying though, because he’s lying to people who don’t deserve honesty.

Well, the "hands off" policy has already ended. Rep Barney Frank has already told GM they are NOT closing a parts distribution place in Massachusetts.

So much for GM being allowed to act like a private company (not that this surprised me).

Well, the "hands off" policy has already ended. Rep Barney Frank has already told GM they are NOT closing a parts distribution place in Massachusetts.

:twitch:

Okay... so the government will force the distribution place to stay open... because it is financially a better option or because they just say so? I'm sure it's political, not economical, which means... even more losses.

Lets just hold on to our chairs and fake teeth, because I can already see the next bailout coming!

So much for GM being allowed to act like a private company (not that this surprised me).

Yup. There's no words anymore for how crazy it is. :vent:

There's no words anymore for how crazy it is.

Obama rocks!

With the government owning most of GM, that makes the government the boss. The government is inclined to be bossy even when they have no ownership. The American car industry was knocked down by the unions, but the government will guarantee that the industry will never be more than a joke, an expensive joke on the US taxpayers that puts out lousy cars. And, the politicians will explain endless years of failure as some such thing as "not enough regulation".

Doobie, we agree for once. I like it; it's kinda nice and I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

It just would have been far more capitalistic (and make more sense in the long run) to have let the company fail, and let other companies either emerge, or be created, or fill in the hole left by GM's collapse.

The more the government gets involved, the more afraid companies are getting about doing business in the US. Big companies will just continue to move operations overseas.

Doobie, we agree for once. I like it; it's kinda nice and I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

:lmao: I had similar thoughts/feelings.

Guest QuidEstCaritas?

Here is the full transcript of what Putin had to say:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123317069332125243.html

I encourage everyone here to read what Putin had to say. You will all be quite better of for reading it all the way through, every last bit of it.

The neutered-neutered of actual conservatives that is- and now Fascist GOP Republican Party was the Little Boy who cried wolf for years and years with the GWOT and the fascist War On Terror doctrine.

Now we actually have a REAL WOLF and we are all totally fucked, and no one believes the little Fascist boy (the GOP)....

Quote from the above link:

We must not revert to isolationism and unrestrained economic egotism. The leaders of the world's largest economies agreed during the November 2008 G20 summit not to create barriers hindering global trade and capital flows. Russia shares these principles.

Although additional protectionism will prove inevitable during the crisis, all of us must display a sense of proportion.

Excessive intervention in economic activity and blind faith in the state's omnipotence is another possible mistake.

True, the state's increased role in times of crisis is a natural reaction to market setbacks. Instead of streamlining market mechanisms, some are tempted to expand state economic intervention to the greatest possible extent.

The concentration of surplus assets in the hands of the state is a negative aspect of anti-crisis measures in virtually every nation.

In the 20th century, the Soviet Union made the state's role absolute. In the long run, this made the Soviet economy totally uncompetitive. This lesson cost us dearly. I am sure nobody wants to see it repeated.

END OF QUOTE